/cosg/ - CloverOS GNU/Linux

CloverOS GNU/Linux

Official homepage: cloveros.ga
Current LiveCD: github.com/chiru-no/cloveros/releases/download/20170627/CloverOS-x86_64-20170627.iso
Github: github.com/chiru-no/cloveros
Package count: 2290 cloveros.ga/s/packages.html
Official IRC channel: #cloveros on Rizon
License: WTFPL
Mirrors: uswest.cloveros.ga fr.cloveros.ga
Current CFLAGS: CFLAGS="-Ofast -pipe -flto=8 -funroll-loops -floop-block -floop-interchange -floop-strip-mine -ftree-loop-distribution"
Previous threads: warosu.org/g/?task=search2&search_subject=cloveros

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/qsmcje.mp4
github.com/TheNightmanCodeth/cloveros/tree/master/dots
github.com/TheNightmanCodeth/cloveros/releases/download/0.1/CloverOS-x86.iso
my.mixtape.moe/mmzxae.webm
askubuntu.com/questions/17536/how-do-i-create-a-permanent-bash-alias
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Libinput
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for hitler

my.mixtape.moe/qsmcje.mp4

So... Why should I use it?

If you want to use Gentoo in the next 2 minutes.

This OS is great and all, but it can't see.my external hard drive whenever I have it plugged in. My other computer running debian sees it just fine. What gives?

for meme points

It's a Sup Forumsentoo distro that's easily riced

Did you try to mount it? Find it with lsblk and
>sudo mount /dev/sdb# /mnt
And you can access it from /mnt

might as well set up rice configurations for all the DE's and WM's listed. rather than just twm.

Post some configs and they may end up as a default rice in a real life meme distro!!!!!!

>not basing off source mage
why even waste your time

without the gentoo screenfetch the whole thing is ruined

So I did as you exactly said and I think It does show up in the terminal. I located the external harddrive in the file system /dev/sdc 1. Now it is telling me that it is a "block device". My guess is that I need to get an application to recognize it or

looks like it's mounted. try `ls /mnt`

It's the gentoo ASCII by default, the clover one requires adding '-d cloveros' to screenfetch

Yep. I see it now. Thanks user!

See here

Here are my i3 dotfiles: github.com/TheNightmanCodeth/cloveros/tree/master/dots
It's wal, so colors update when wallpaper changes to match. Picks random wallpaper from ~/Pictures/Wallpapers binded to $Mod4+Shift+w

Does it come with any good games?

Are there 32bit images yet?

Hail victory! Clover OS is the white man's operating system.

Try this github.com/TheNightmanCodeth/cloveros/releases/download/0.1/CloverOS-x86.iso

Best White Operating System

Why should I switch from my comfy mint?

my.mixtape.moe/mmzxae.webm

emerge dwarf-fortress
emerge quake3
emerge openarena
emerge openttd

also emulators

Didn't this start off as lo/g/os a while back? Is it ready to use?

No NSA infiltrators, right?

It was originally CloverOS. You can generate the packages and the livecd yourself.

does cloverOS use systemd?

No systemd/pulseaudio

FLOENS
L
O
E
S

I tried CloverOS in a vm, I liked it, but I have a couple questions before I go ahead and fully install it.

>How do you get the screenfetch/neofetch graphic to display properly
>How would one connect to wifi during the install with no network manager apparent?

Wait, if this is gentoo based doesn't that mean you have to go through that incredibly tedious compiling bullshit?

The 'network manager' is wpa_supplicant and dhcpcd. You can hit the wifi menu option like in ./screenfetch-dev -D cloveros works

It's configured to use a binary repo.

I install clover os and.... it sucks

The video shows him pressing scan, then exiting. This issue I have is the wifi is password protected, and what would I do to enter all the credentials to connect automatically?

PSK is where you would enter your wifi pass. See

So wpa_supplicant will work after scanning then? It wouldn't start the last time and I had to plug in the ethernet to get internet.

The LiveCD doesn't work with wifi right now. I'm working on that

Why should I want to use gentoo, I only know that it's pain in the ass to install. Long time Debian user here?

Gentoo is just generally fast and a good Linux distro in general. It doesn't have systemd by default, allows you to be poettering-free by building programs without pulse/systemd, lets you optimize your system via build flags, etc.

so much for all of those wget commands
I can boot into it, I'm just trying to get the wifi to work so I won't have to move my laptop back to the ethernet port

that's not what I mean, man. How do i install a desktop if I don't have wifi? that vid is showing wifi being connected AFTER the graphical environment is installed.

lolwut, so it's basically useless as an everyday OS? You can't even install the operating system unless it's a VM?

buying passive gpu for ryzen, just multimonitor setup desktop, no gaming

AMD r5 230
vs
nVidia gt 710

which one and why?

So this is the official Sup Forums distro?

wrong thread man, we're complaining about brokenOS itt.

710 because you don't believe in viral advertising

but you believe in closed source drivers?

LiveCD installs fine on hardware and wifi works after install.

i think what you think is that the DE needs wifi to install. that is wrong. the livecd got the packages on it. at worst you will be a little bit out of date but for install it will should be fine.

if you already have a dedicated amd gpu for your passthrough setup it would be better to get a nvidia and vice versa since iommu and vfio are retarded sometimes with drivers if the cards are to similar.

Hit Y
Connect to wifi
kill X
install de

post animu clover wallpapers. new ones preferred

You can thank me later.

I'll thank you now

I just tersted

When one turns networking off in the main OS, the cloverOS installer works fine. When one restarts and boots into CloverOS, it of course asks which desktop you want to install

None of the provided desktops work without wifi. No desktops start. The default starts, but no mouse is shown and no keypresses are registered, including common shortcuts such as ctrl alt t

the OS tries to use emerge to install openbox when it is selected, for example. If all the software is "included", then why is it trying to fetch it from the gentoo repos?

TL;DR the OS has no working graphical environment to install without wifi, and one can't start wifi without a network manager that comes with a desktop, so in other words, shit is useless unless you have ethernet.

So fucking boot an environment with networking, chroot into your install, and fucking install what you need.

First time using Linux?

You can go to the default desktop environment provided by the OS and click on the desktop to get a menu. On the menu you should see wifi. Select it and see if you can scan for your network and connect. Afterwards, you can reset your computer and you can now install your desktop environment of choice in the login terminal.

frankly, I think the largest issue is the fact the only actual native desktop on the machine doesn't seem to work correctly on some machines. If something like xfce was included by default, things would be so much easier to do outside a vm.

Disregard, didn't notice this thread was about some dipshit's broken livecd.

I was able to do that..it brings me to the network settings, and so I go ahead and scan..shit's blank. Not even my "ethernet" (virtual machine, so my actual wifi signal) shows up--but this is probably an error on my part since I've never used twm. What am I supposed to be doing?

Hmmm. Now that is something different. I have Clover OS installed into my main computer. Maybe you need to make sure that your wifi and ethernet ports are enabled on your virtual machine. Sometimes they are usually disabled but I have limited knowledge on virtual machines. At least doing the method I described on the previous post worked for me considering I had it installed on my main pc.

oh, forgive my autism, ethernet obviously wouldn't appear in the wifi network tool. Okay, everything is working now and I think I'll go ahead and actually install this!

Thank you all for putting up with my somewhat rude cries for help, everyone, wonderful OS you've made.

Does this support EUFI or whatever you call it?

And the conclusion is - KDE is the best current Linux DE.

OS seems to be looking better

But yeah I'll wait for at least another 10 years until this becomes usable

People will be even dumber in 10 years, user.

Don't remind me god dammit. Thank god I'm in terrible health and will probably die from a disease or two in less than 10 years.

To anyone having issues with screenfetch not displaying cloverOS, there's a workaround.

follow askubuntu.com/questions/17536/how-do-i-create-a-permanent-bash-alias in order to make a bash alias. the alias should be

alias memefetch=./screenfetch-dev -D cloveros
you don't have to name it memefetch, that's just an example.

Ok so

I want to know exactly what is the objective of this distro

Like, is there an endgame, maybe a reason for people to use it over other distros

this OS better work, i just installed it over my very likeable debian system and if there's a lack of new drivers on this shit i will throw my laptop out the bloody window.

..you have to manually install the display manager? what the fug

Just ask questions in this thread or come to the IRC m8.

I'd say it's basically a Gentoo image, but it completely is a Gentoo image.

You welcome. Have fun with CloverOS!

a very simple install script for gentoo, includes minimal setup configurations, a simple window manager, and bare minimum packages. You will have to setup everything else in order to have anything more user friendly.

Posting from cloverOS right now, have some quick questions

>How do I enable tap to click?
>Why don't my brightness keys work? Is this just twm not configuring them right, or am I missing a driver?
>How the hell do you close windows in twm??

does it run well on an x220? How long is the install process? I'll install it if it isn't too long

xbacklight fixed the brightness issue. still can't tap to click or close windows, though.

To close windows: Ctrl+alt+right click.
You can change it in .twmrc, or you can install a different wm/de

Assuming you have been following the troubleshooting that most of the anons here have been documenting, you should install this in about 10 minutes. There really isn't that much to the installation.

You can try libinput or synaptics for touch to click

synclient -l seems to fail with "unknown command"..that usually means shit is broken. I've never used libinput, how does one install/config it? any helpful links?

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Libinput

You may want to remove synaptics first, it'll make it easier

thanks, user.

using new iso
boot error

I like this, but damn, twm is terrible. Should make lxde or xfce the default tbqh.

>>How the hell do you close windows in twm??
ctrl alt rightclick

read ~/.twmrc for more

Downloading right now, is dual-boot supported by the installer or does this distro use the gentoo do-it-yourself thing?

it uses gparted, so basically you can resize your partitions as you like. I didn't bother dual-booting but it should work.

is there a default mpd config available? that should be included for those of us that use mpd+ncmpcpp but without pulse audio