github.com/mpv-player/mpv/commit/0af561953a2a4b10b23367dccbc0c22730d69999
kageru.moe/article.php?p=grain
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/61111640/#61113931
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/rCIFWYvuMdW2J8Mecr4hUA/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z1rGYXF36gtNh2LNvktARw/
mpv.io/manual/master/#options-hwdec
files.line0.eu/builds/AvsPmod-line0-2.5.1-r432-x86-1ee9b4a.7z
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dear igv, could you make what you did with KrigBilateral, comparison with scale=ewa_lanczos but with SSimSuperRes? A comparison with and without anti-bloating shader would be great too.

Did anyone try the latest plexmediaplayer release?
It's based on mpv and wm4 is working intensively on it.

Latest pre-built release are available here:
nightlies.plex.tv/public-test/plexmediaplayer/public-testing/latest/

I switched my htpc from kodi dsplayer to this. It's fucking less unstable and I am amazingly happy with SSimSuperRes.glsl.

isnt vlc foss also?

So's MPC-HC.

>What’s the best media playback engine in the world? After careful consideration, we chose mpv to power the Plex Media Player. A massively popular open source project with great community support, mpv effortlessly handles any media you throw its way and looks great doing it. It’s lean, incredibly fast, and very actively developed.

But madvr is not

Yes but it's far behind mpv currently.

It's a directshow, windows media player.
So no it's not foss at all.

Why is wm4 working on that shit instead of working in mpv.

>github.com/mpv-player/mpv/commit/0af561953a2a4b10b23367dccbc0c22730d69999
Haasn fixed the max hook thing.

No more stupid shader hooks limit, haasn literally admitted that his code a mess (every developers say that all the time) and that he forgot why he has to use 2 separated variables to handle this limit.

He was paid for this.

>it's not foss
Yes it is.

Not for me!

See

For example, I consider open-source applications that use external proprietary API as not fully open-source applications.

>amd’s radeon vega frontier edition formally launches: air cooled for $999, liquid cooled for $1499
>$500 more for just a simple liquid cooled system

>no NGU AA
Into the trash it goes.

>Not FOSS
Into the trash it goes.

Almost the same result with SSimSuperRes without doubling at all.
That means it's used all the time when upscaling without super sampling and it's fucking less slower than NGU-AA.
Madshi should rewrite his SuperRes algo or just convert the igv's one!

However I really prefer NNEDI3 for animes upscaling but the madVR one doesn't run on my machine (fallbacks to Jinc AR) and the mpv one is too slow even with 16 neurons.

NGU AA results in a higher picture quality than NNEDI3, and comparing an upscaling algorithm with a sharpening algorithm is stupid! NGU-AA medium is also very fast!

Could you provide an example when NGU-AA is better than NNEDI3 with animes?
SSimSuperRes is not a sharpener at all, madshi's SuperRes is!

Oh for fucks sake...
Retard

It's FOSS. You can fork it. No one has because there are no relevant OS's other than Windows. Sitting there crying about it won't change that.

Madshi said NNEDI3 is still better than his NGU-AA that still doesn't quadrupling.

You must be new to these threads.
Dont summon that retard

What's the best Vapoursynth denoiser for anime?

The best ones are too slow to be used in realtime. :(

Or, alternately, if the best mpv denoiser isn't Vapoursynth what is it?

This guy made some tests, judge yourself!
kageru.moe/article.php?p=grain

Since when being a bunch of assholes is a great community support?

>Since when being a bunch of assholes is a great community support?
The only assholes here are the madvr fags derailing every thread with their shitty baits.

he is being paid to continue to develop mpv along with the plex stuff

Nice

If you are going to post a stale meme at least post the original.

I can't believe you actually put in the effort to shoop that and do a good job of it.
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/61111640/#61113931
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/rCIFWYvuMdW2J8Mecr4hUA/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z1rGYXF36gtNh2LNvktARw/

What do you mean?, that's the original image.

Is there a way to have english as the default subtitle for other languages but not show it if the audio is also english?

In LAV splitter:

eng:eng|f eng:off *:eng|d *:eng *:*|d

mpv can't do dis.

MPV is a normietard piece of shit!
VLC rules, MPV drools.

This is a weird question

I use a 1366 x 768 TV to watch my chinese cartoons. Which should I download? A 720p to upscale using mpv or 1080p upscaled to downscale using mpv? This is for a 1366 x 768 TV.

Download a better tv.

Encodes can differ in quality so impossible to say. A 720p done right will beat anything mpv can do to even the best 1080, but whether or not any of the 720's were done right (or even done decently) is impossible to say. If you don't want to do comparisons and bandwidth isn't an issue, just get the biggest 1080. Unless you don't seed and it's one of my 1080's, then fuck off.

Hi, I'd like to get a config done for my Intel Atom N550 since I don't know much about mpv. I use mpv on a daily basis on my other laptop but:
>Play 720p on chrome with H264ify
>no dropped frames
>Play 720p on mpv (same video)
>stutterfest

mpv.io/manual/master/#options-hwdec

I usually go to bbt or ab comments to check for the highest quality otherwise go for the big size 1080ps. For example Cardcaptor sakura should I go for a 1080p or 720p kind of anime that I'm not sure if upscaled or not.

Cardcaptor Sakura was done in celluloid(not digital) so you should grab the 1080p release.

libva info: VA-API version 0.40.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i915_drv_video.so
libva info: va_openDriver() returns -1
libva info: VA-API version 0.40.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_40
libva error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_drv_video.so init failed
libva info: va_openDriver() returns -1

Also, considering I told you the CPU Model i should also tell you about the iGPU GMA 3150 it has.

Thanks, should I do the same for other celluloid anime?

Yes, anime like Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop and other pre-2k anime.

Cool. Thanks, user!

It also depends of the anime.
Kyoani had been producing their anime in 1080p since Hyouka(2012).

does VAAPI hw accel work for VP9 videos?

bumo

Can someone explain to me why profile=opengl-hq is not set by default?

Because people like exist.

If you only watch anime then might as well not give a single fuck about NGU AA, unless you watch absolute shit quality things with shitload of artifacts. NGU will remove lots of them but will be much more blurier than ewa_lanczossharp.

>SSimSuperRes is not a sharpener at all
What it is? I understand that its not the same shit as madvr's garbage but still know nothing about it.

Depends on whether it got a real remaster. LoGH is an example of one that didn't that comes to mind. The series was upscaled for bluray, but the movie was properly rescanned. You just have to download and check.

Because most people don't care about your turbo autismo garbage

How do I make mpv behave exactly like VLC (same keyboard shortcuts, same appearance, etc.)?

mpc-qt.

Just a super resolution algorithm, but there are many others too
Check on google or wikipedia about them.

>angle-flip=no or angle-egl-windowing=yes for retarded hardware?

By retarded hardware you mean?
Post specs.

I'm trying to ween myself off of mpc-hc.
Can some people post their mpv.conf file for me to try?

profile=opengl-hq
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossharp
dscale=ewa_lanczossharp
deband-iterations=2

profile=opengl-hq

scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossharp
dscale=ewa_lanczossharp

interpolation=yes
tscale=oversample
video-sync=display-resample
Just switched from mpc+madVR. You might also want to try opengl-shaders="~~/shaders/SSimSuperRes.glsl"
I use it with high quality content only.

Don't listen to this peasants, use nnedi3.

Thanks.

I'm assuming this is some super xD setting that'll incinerate my computer.
I don't trust you, rat.

Is there any way to turn off the taskbar coloration feature?
It's blue while watching streams.

No. You can just turn it off with no-taskbar-progress

Perfect.
Thanks a lot.

Its green for me. I like it.

Is there any way to have avisynth display 10bit encodes properly? I'm using LWLibavVideoSource to open the file, however whenever the input video is 10-bit, its aspect ratio changes completely and weird coloring appears (pic related).

I can open the encode if I specify the format as YUV420P8, which I presume converts the depth to 8-bit, however I wanted to interleave the 10-bit encode with another one for comparison but the final output appears to be 8-bit. Also, is it possible to interleave 8-bit and 10-bit videos?

What do you mean by " display 10bit encodes properly".
mpv will display 10-bit encodes properly but your display isn't 10-bit(unless you have one of the new 4k monitors).

TN panels are 6-bit+2(6-bit panel with 8-bit dither) and ips panels are 8-bit to 10-bit(the new ones).
There also ips panels that advertise 10-bit but in reality are just 8-bit+2(8-bit with 10-bit dither).

Forgot ss

high bit depth in avisynth is a hack, like most things in avisynth
avisynth+ has made some progress on real high bit depth support but i'm not sure if any of the source filters support it yet

if you're using avspmod, there's an option to set the preview window to dither (you want the interleaved 10-bit option) although this build has better support for that files.line0.eu/builds/AvsPmod-line0-2.5.1-r432-x86-1ee9b4a.7z

Use vapoursynth.

Are there still people that use avisynth? :0

By properly I mean that when I run the avisynth script in my media player (mpc), the video appears normally just like it would without running it through the avisynth script. As you can see in the screenshot, the video just becomes all disfigured when attempting to render it as 10-bit through avisynth script.

Anyone who use scaler-lut-size higher than 6? Is there any difference or it's just more demanding?

avisynth is deprecated, use avisynth+ or vapoursynth

Do they have all the cool filters that avisynth has?

Better and more modern/up to date filters, specially vapoursynth

ln -sf vlc /usr/bin/mpv

Still a lot of missing plugins and no audio support

what said

input.con

MadVR will destroy mpv again with its new massive release.
MadVR Pro will easily destroy vapoursynth with its first release, you will finally enjoy your retarded $400+ GPU(s). However prepare your wallet, it will be fucking expensive and by consequence, be cracked in 2 days.

I have some anime comparisons I can post but why won't you compare them yourself? Im not igv or anything but id buy him a beer for his great work.

Lol.

bump

What's the best upscaling method available to date?
Is the "checkerboard" upscaling(the one ps4 pro and xbox one x are using) the best?

Any good anti ringing shader for mpv? The default one is kinda shitty.

adaptive-antiringing.glsl

Can I use it with nnedi3?

Its basically the same shit as mpv's native.