What does Sup Forums think about Elementary OS?

What does Sup Forums think about Elementary OS?

the name fits

eToddlers BTFO!!!!

Bad macOS clone.

It's alright if you need a retard-proof workstation, or something to put on grandma's machine so she can get her solitaire fix.

Otherwise it's just the cheap-Chinese-knockoff version of OSX. Even if you literally only care about lying to yourself and pretending you're using that OS, other DE's can be tinkered with and made to look like it, and function better.

linux dummed down for max users

Same as Aplel products - all form, no function.

>botnet AND ugly

>Bad macOS clone.
The beauty is barely skin-deep.
Then it's ugly Linux all the way down.

gnome3 skin.

It doesnt even look good
even windows looks more up to date

Just another shitty ganoo slash loonix distro, but with sprinkles on top.

>shitty copy of faggy Apple UI
>the cocksuckers who developed that piece of shit keep begging for money
>buggy
>unresponsive
>lacks customisation and functions considered standard on almost any other DE
>installing any "app" that did not come pre-installed will not blend in well with the gay Pantheon "aesthetics" and therefore look like dogshit

Funfact from Wikipedia:

The three core rules the developers set for themselves were "concision", "avoid configuration" and "minimal documentation"

test

exactly.
just use gnome
(or solus, or zorin, or mint, if installing extensions is beyond you)

The most comfy Linux OS desu

Ancient packages

While its not my daily, it seems like a nice OS for someone who just wants to browse the web and maybe install some other stuff too. IIRC they've added a really nice software center, and from what i can tell they're trying to make a Linux distro who's users don't HAVE to use the command line

I would recommend spinning it up in a live boot and trying it out, its definitely not unpleasant to just use.

Shitty homOSeX clone.

We're not talking about Solus here.

I prefer Solus.

bad clone of macos
autistic devs too

>waaah it looks like macOS
You never used it have you?

It's a pretty decent desktop OS if you invest a couple of days fiddling when you get it.

If they add these features it would be awesome:

>More advanced tiling / snapping
Right now it just supports snapping windows to the left half of the screen or the right half. At a minimum they need to add support for snapping to quarters like W10 supports. Ideally they should add advanced tiling options.

>File manager is still a bit basic
Even so, it does support tabs and three types of file views, one of which is the columned Finder one. If they could add a Total Commander type split view and a Windows Explorer type view with filetree in the left pane it'd be pretty much perfect.

Also move to wayland so we lose this horrible tearing I guess

t. Using Elementary as my primary OS

I dual boot W10, but havent fired that up in about a month

AMA I guess.

why would anyone use linux outside of a server?

Are you poor?

>That shitty gray theme
dropped

i already have osx thank you

I dont support jews making profit.

Great for kids and old people using the stock programs. If you need more, Ubuntu is a better choice.