Tries to escape the botnet

>Tries to escape the botnet
>Gets a fairly secure distro and installs it sets up encryption
>the installer fucking hangs in "installing: running updating-grub"
>have to shut down pc
>a grub prompt appears
>tries to fix it with dozens of guides but Linux is fucking retarded and fails with a different error each time
>Thinks maybe it will work after reinstalling it again yet it fucking hangs at the same spot again

I give up, how the hell do you reinstall grub within a luks encrypted HDD? this fucking shit fails each time
>tries to mount it and chroot it with cryptsetup
>inserts pass and nothing happens
>it only locks the partition with an error that says "cannot use device already mapped or mounted"
>tries to umount but surprise "the device is not mounted"
>tries to chroot after "mounting it" with cryptsetup but guess what? fuck you "unknown filesystem type crypto_luks"

"Oh maybe I can boot it from the grub prompt and fix it from there"
>after over an hour fiddling with the grub prompt and reading tutorials I try to boot from there
>sets my unencrypted /boot partition as root
>tries to manually load the kernels within the boot partition
>fuck you "file not found"
>triple checks in case I made a mistake
>I said fuck you, file not found

Why the hell does Linux has to be this fucking retarded? is there a way to fix this mess? all the guides are either for lvm partitions or they don't work

So install it without encryption.

>>inserts pass and nothing happens
What the shit do you mean by this?

What distro are you trying to install? Is it some broken-ootb shit like Mint?

Just run cryptsetup after the base install and you do updates retard. This isn't a problem with Linux, it's a problem with your ineptitude.

Whoever does this is just plain retarded. No exceptions

>shitpost about IQ on Sup Forums so much it starts showing up in youtube recommended videos
Not surprised 2bh

I put the passphrase and pressed enter and it finished without any other message, no success or wrong passphrase or anything

Its a distro focused on security called parrot os, this happened with the latest 3.6 version

cant you read? the install always fails to install grub it doesn't boot I can only boot through the live usb

You dont mount through cryptsetup.
Cryptsetup puts the virtual filesystem in /dev/mapper from there you can mount it anywhere

Install Hardened Gentoo

To be clear, say /dev/sda1 is the partition, youre running cryptsetup open /dev/sda1 partitionname
Now /dev/mapper/partitionname should be the luks partiton and you can mount it to mnt or wherever

just install ubuntu dingus

>I give up, how the hell do you reinstall grub within a luks encrypted HDD? this fucking shit fails each time

You can't encrypt your boot partition with a standardized LUKS setup. How the hell is your system supposed to find boot execution code if it cannot read it? It's just going to look like garbage to the BIOS and not do anything. The only way this would be feasible is encrypting it after the fact and loading the private encryption key via Trusted Platform Module (TPM). But you're also putting faith into TPM (a proprietary hardware component). UEFI would be the other option, but that's about as stupid as trusting TPM.

>everything else
What the hell are you installing that you fucked it up this bad? The only 3 partitions a regular user typically needs is
>/boot
>/home
>/

Basically this.

>sets my unencrypted boot partition as root
I didn't encrypted the boot partition only root and home

I will try with that, hopefully it will work

>no success or wrong passphrase or anything
did you try 'echo $?'
that will print the last return status

Ooooh, nevermind, I see what you're trying to do.

Yes, you need to mount those via the /dev/mapper/ paths, not via your conventional /dev/sdaX /path

The bitch part is knowing which one of those is actually your root and home partitions.

How is your partitioning set up? If you have /var or /tmp in separate partitions and don't mount them, stuff like Yum, Apt, etc will not work because it downloads the packages into those locations for temporary storage until cleanup.

Once you do all of this, you can chroot and use the system as you normally would for the time being and then reboot once you re-installed grub.

I finally fixed grub but another error appeared after booting it up "gave up waiting for the root file missing modules cat /proc/modules is /dev" and alert uuid XXXXXX does not exist dropping to a shell"

I give up with this distro I may just install windows at this point

>complaining about TPM potentially being compromised when any need processor has a closed security co-processor running at all times anyways

Parrot OS is focused on pentesting. If you are noided use Tails OS.

Just install a common distro like Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian, or some shit like like that. I vouch for Fedora - you can set up the encryption ez-pz and it's reasonably idiot-proofed while not caging your figurative dick.

>I may just install Windows at this point
Do it then, nobody will believe someone would go from a security focused distribution to a literal Spyware OS. Just admit you want rage induced tech support on Sup Forums