Tfw back in the 90s if you were an autistic computer programmer you could get rich

>tfw back in the 90s if you were an autistic computer programmer you could get rich

>Now all the big tech companies require you to be hip and trendy and never have time to get any work done because you're too busy eating avocado toast with your coworkers at Starbucks which they threatened to report you for sexual harassment if you didnt attend

what now

Don't work for meme companies in SF.
t. Lockheeder from Orlando

duly noted

ready your nerf gun

If you're actually hot shit, you can get hired for being hot shit despite having poor people skills.

The disconnect here is that the people here are mediocre, socially grating dime-a-dozen code-monkey dorks *with* no interpersonal skills whatsoever. These are the people who end up in their parents' basement forever because they're unemployable. This is Sup Forums.

But rather than accept that and better yourself, you'll just project and blame everyone else, and proceed to spin your tires impotently for the rest of your lives.

>
The disconnect here is that the people here are mediocre, socially grating dime-a-dozen code-monkey dorks *with* no interpersonal skills whatsoever. These are the people who end up in their parents' basement forever because they're unemployable.

You fucking nailed this one

Most people fail to realize that if you have little to no people skills, you'll need to make up for it in you area
If your already average in your skills and have no people skills on top of that then obviously no one is going to fucking hire you

Social skills shouldn't matter over actual skills

>If your already average in your skills and have no people skills on top of that then obviously no one is going to fucking hire you
bullshit but I wish it wasnt

You have to have your head pretty far up your ass to make a statement like that.

No man is an island, and nobody accomplishes anything of any merit alone. All truly world-changing accomplishments are reached as part of an ensemble, a team. Given that, your ability to work as part of a team (or to effectively manage the resources of a team, as the case may be) matters *considerably* more than your "skills". It doesn't matter what you can do, if you aren't capable of cohering into a unit greater than yourself, because, at the end of the day, you'll still be just one person.

futaba best girl with best neet tummy!

>not working in academia

The third world has destroyed our job markets, automation and universal income can't come soon enough.

>If you're actually hot shit, you can get hired for being hot shit despite having poor people skills.

As a technology manager, I'd disagree with this.

10 times out of 10, I'd rather hire someone that can work in a team and their work is on-time, effective, and maintainable. Technology work isn't done in a bubble -- you have to be able to compromise and take criticism and work with non-technical people (ie. executive leadership team) to get stuff done. If you're an autistic shut-in or a "I'm the smartest guy in the room, listen to me" type, you're better off doing freelance work.

It's been my experience that "hot shit" technology experts tend to be all-around dickheads that no one wants to work with and actually reduce the productivity of the team.

go back to hackernews you fucking fag

Keep dreaming faggot. You'll die poor and alone.

lol, is the mad barely mediocre NEET codemonkey gonna cry?

that hurt

Fucking this, people with no social skills delude themselves into believing that they're misunderstood geniuses

Nice blog bro

It's not as bad as you make it sound

Ignore and , is 100% correct, and any young people hoping to work in the modern world should take this seriously

any other motivational thoughts senpai?

Can I motivate you to commit suicide?

depends, whens your next TED talk?

You don't get rich working for big tech companies. You only get rich if you start your own company or are one of the first employees.

great pic

programming jobs are easier than ever to get, what are you talking about? you just have to actually be good at programming and not an autist

>and not an autist
society should stop discriminating us autists.

stfu, it's not even a real word. "Autism" is a word made up by the left and non-whites to demonize young white kids who are naturally reacting to globalism, multiculturalism, liberal ideologies, etc.

Stop being a faggot and letting (((them))) control you.

autist is fine pajeet is bad

Pretty much. And it will only get worse. More frameworks, more pajeets and Karli Kloss Koders who can only copy and paste off google and can't problem solve, more hardware picking up the slack of horribly inefficient code

>No man is an island, and nobody accomplishes anything of any merit alone.
Terry proved you wrong
Linus proved you wrong
Stallman proved you wrong
Every other leader proved you wrong, the later two assembled a team of awkward autists with no social skills whatsoever and together built an enterprise quality software, it wasn't an one man work, but it was one that did not require interpersonal skills, and enterprise in the entire world are spitting in the face of the kind of people that helped create the base of their entire infrastructure that makes them wealth.
Go.
Fuck.
Yourself.

Terry was functional before his mental health broke down

Linus is an alpha male who can talk to people just fine and his "team" are people who can communicate and interact with people just fine.

Stallman is autistic but his people skills aren't that bad

You're just a buttmad NEET fizzbuzzer. It's time to wake up and join the real world

Damn wish I had time eating avocado user

>PhD in CompSci
>publish a lot of papers
>worked on one of the best universities in Europe
>Intel asked me to work for them
>currently working at intel speaking less than 20 words a day

Wow, this was hard.

This is true. I cant believe anyone would actually argue against this even as someone with not great social skills myself.

>actually be good at programming
What do you mean by this? What's considered good though?

and what the fuck? every caption I get is "calle"

times out of 10, I'd rather hire someone that can work in a team and their work is on-time, effective, and maintainable
That's perfectly reasonable. But it's also not what the social misfits in this thread are complaining about. I don't think anyone would object to having to show up on time, complete their assignments competently, or the like. And I think even the autists would be okay with being polite and businesslike to coworkers.

The problem is that the modern labor force, especially in tech but in a lot of other places too, demands a lot more than that. You have to pass "the beer test", that is, the hiring manager asks "Is this the type of person I'd like to go out for a beer with after work?". You have to be bubbly and extroverted and enthusiastic. You have to buy in to all the creativity and chance encounters bullshit that has led to the open-plan office. You have to want to stop and talk to your coworkers about inane normie shit, and be okay with them bringing their dogs to the office. It's no longer acceptable to be a reserved, private, quiet person who just shows up, does his job, and then goes home at the end of the day, instead of eagerly participating in social outings at every opportunity.

Demanding politeness and competence from your employees is 100% fine and totally expected. Demanding that I be fun at a party isn't, that has and should have zero relevance to how well I can do my job.

you can be autistic and get a good work, you'll just have to carry your whole team of hipster assholes and prevent them from ruining everything.

Also you'll never get that promotion you've been asking for 2 years while faggot mcAvocadotoast will get it right away because he helped your boss with a video.

This faggots didn't do anything for my 5 years working here, faggot mcAvocadotoast get congratulations from everyone for his 3 years here
I want to die
I'm looking for another job but everything else is full of poo in loos

just learn how to pretend to not be an autist. That's what I did.

you'll still have to deal with the other retards trying to do everything in badly coded javascript

this

they wont stick around long, there will always be someone younger hipper and cooler that will replace them. its almost like a ploy to get the most likely individuals to fall into the debt trap when they think theyre on top of the world and then crush them forever in massive debt. kind of people who dont get married or have kids

>its almost like a ploy to get the most likely individuals to fall into the debt trap when they think theyre on top of the world and then crush them forever in massive debt. kind of people who dont get married or have kids

|
|>