Thoughts on noctua coolers?

Thoughts on noctua coolers?

Seems like a better choice in the longer run given the added benefits of mobo/RAM cooling in addition to reduced points of failure compared to an AIO

Other urls found in this thread:

overclockers.com/thermalright-ty-143-and-ty-147a-140-mm-fan-review/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i have one. it was a bitch to assemble. cools fine though. I barely hear it in my case, and when the fans do need to go higher it's still quieter than my gpu

We hope you get fired for this stupid shill, so obvious and dumb.
And if you're not a shill, you need help ASAP, finding satisfaction with this garbage ass low quality bait its scary.
Either one way or another, you failed in every sinlge aspect of your decision, please stream suicide soon.

theyre expensive and theres probably better value in buying a water cooler

its not 2005 anymore, cmon

They're pricey but work well.

I have a D15 that keeps my 4790k cool at 4.7 ghz without issue while being quiet.

The two biggest ones, the D14 and D15, are outstanding when it comes to chips that really pump out the heat. They can each dissipate over 250w 24/7 like its nothing.
Their low profile C14s is pretty amazing too. Granted there are plenty of comparably performing heat sinks on the market, its kind of hard to fuck up a simple radiator, but Noctua designs have a certain charm to them.

Phanteks is fucking aesthetic too.

>water cooler
Can evaporate the cooling solution depending on humidity,ambient temp and quality of tubes
>air cooler
Just clean that shit every now and then

Sorry, but I would rather stay with the hassle free solution.

Or you could just get a Ryzen.

>reduced points of failure compared to an AIO
Sure, there might be fewer off them, but at least an AIO won't crack your motherboard in half.

Max is going to work well for a year and then it's going to be full of dust.

If you want Noctua NF-A14 fans, you can just get the original Thermalright version.

overclockers.com/thermalright-ty-143-and-ty-147a-140-mm-fan-review/

I have a D9L, I like it. 4.5 GHz at 1.2~V easy, havent' really pushed it hard

They are like the Apple of PC building. Pricey, high quality, a status symbol among PC builders.

>what is positive pressure?

Clean you`re shit, faggot

Ryzen 1700 and Noctua DH-15-SE here, the stock cooler was pushing 96-97c during prime 95 for only 1hr. And this is with only 1.32vcore 1.15v SOC, now I'm getting 60c after 1hr at 1.36vcore and 1.18v SOC.

Happy with it although it's a complete bitch to plug in fan headers or unplug anything in the top PCI slot no way to fit fingers inbetween the heatsink and a GPU in order to push the latch down I had to use a screw-driver to push it down.

that's a big cooler

>REEEEEEEEEEEE
GO SHILL YOUR SHIT SOMEWHERE ELSE YOU FAGTARD, REDDIT IS WAITING FOR YOU WITH ITS PUSS DRIPPING.

Have a d15 and love it, o/ced my cpu from 2.8 -> 4, and even with ambient temps around 32-34 (nowdays) it doesn't even break a fucking sweat, no more than 55c-56c. Never saw the cpu (package) reaching 60 degrees. Cores sit around 60-70 under load.

Something is wrong with your setup. Mine never breaks 76c on prime95 with the DH-15-SE-AM4 @ 4.1ghz 1.385v

For noctuas either go big or go tiny - their mid ranger coolers are horribly meh given they have plenty of competition from cheaper brands.

The D14 and D15 are great because the number of other coolers that really fight them can be counted on one hand (such as pic related). Noctua's super chibi low profile coolers are equally great because such coolers are often bolted onto systems where silence is very important noctua are very strong in that area with their fans.

WE ARE NOT SHILLS. WE ARE JUST REGULAR JOE SCHMO CONSUMERS WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT THIS SPECIFIC BRAND OF FANS. NOCTUA FANS ARE LEGIT AWESOME BRO. NOW GO AWAY CORSAIR SHILL.

Ahh it's a purchase justification/decision reaffirmation episode