VEGA 1ST GAME BENCHMARK - Performance between 1070 and 1080 in ‘gaming mode’

videocardz.com/70541/amd-radeon-vega-frontier-lands-in-the-hands-of-the-first-owner

>300w
>slower than 1080 non ti
>competes with 1070
>$1000

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/gpudb/2958/radeon-vega-frontier-edition
hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

r/AMD mods are deleting all links to Vega benchmarks

AMD is going full damage control mode. Vega is a confirmed turd—they want to brush it under the rug.

This is really pathetic.

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

It has worse performance per clock/ALU than Polaris?
What is r/AMD?

i Just Waited. Now what?

Thanks for the hourly Reddit drama update.

We all know than...their stupid bench with the Titan X was so autistic

Wait for RX Vega and prices. Then Navi.

I told you.
You didn't believe me and said that it performs like a Titan or a 1080ti.

Here you go, a 1070 competitor for $1000.

>tfw i bought a 1080
>tfw i still have the (second) best card for gaming
>i bought if for a price of a 1060

Feels fucking great

It's not about reddit drama, it's about AMD trying to prevent people from seeing Vega benchmarks.

Vega is trash and it couldn't be any more obvious.

I thought that frontier edition was supposed to be the latest breaking card, kind of like the titan, and that regular priced vega cards would be coming late 201never?

LIKE I SAID OVER 9000 TIMES, VEGA IS FURY 2.0. THIS 'NEW' ARCHITECTURE IS A MESS AND HBMEME2 IS USELESS. The RX Vega will be worst with the 250-275w TDP. Vega is DOA

Yes, yet Vega FE performs extremely underwhelming, worse than 4096ALU Polaris would.

die shrunk Fiji, bottlenecks and all

Either it's fake or amd really fucked up.
No way a 300mm2 card like the 1080 beats the best they can make.

So "NCU" was just a meme? It's still regular old GCN (GCN1.5?)

When is AMD going to retire this shitty old architecture from 2012? NVIDIA are already on their 3rd architecture since then.

NVIDIA is still using tweaked g80, user.

This what amd got on believing pajeet

>guys, let me try to set it correctly as i never used Wattman and this card is fresh in. I am running as well just 550W PSU which could be problem as well. I keep trying :)

Jesus christ.

I'm thinking it's fake. No way they could fuck up that bad.

Isn't it designed and optimized as a workstation card?

If so this wouldn't be surprising at all.

It's the case of no drivers.
Workstation cards are decent at gaymen. This thing is surprisngly bad considering the die size.

21000 GPU score is equal to heavily oced 1070. Wtf is AMD doing?

See
It's some random dipshit from WCCFtech comment section that hooked it up in his PC with an i7-4790K and 550 watt PSU that can't even power it correctly.

desu I honestly wouldn't mind that performance - if the card was the size of the fury nano and cost $250 max.

Please, implying Maxwell wasn't a large step up in efficiency on the same node?

Same story man
>GT 210>HD 6750>7750>280>380>390>GTX 1080

>tfw bought the 1080 before the mining craze.
>now cost +$200 more

It's way too early for gaming benchmarks.

>we used PowerVR tech from 1994
Wow so innovative. It's still g80.

>14nm AMD card that's supposed be be even more power efficient than Polaris can't even run on a 550W psu with Intel CPU (which doubt consume much power)

Truly Vega is a house fire disaster. It's like the 290 housefire all over again, except this time it's a slow piece of shit too and you get nothing for all the power guzzling.

>way too early

The piece of shit was delayed like 50 times just fucking release it already

This is Poolaris all over again. The card will probably be somewhere between stock 1070 and 1080 and will come closer to 1080 after 3 years of no drivers. I can't fucking stand AMD shills shitting up this board with fake hype.

A 500w PSU can load this card without OC, also a good 500w PSU can load over 700w without problem. Stop your damage control raja

Man it's a good thing they struck gold with their CPUs, they'll easily recoup costs of this mess.

On the other hand this thing seems to do fine in compute so at least it's not a TOTAL bust.

>280>380>390
for what purpose

>and will come closer to 1080 after 3 years of no drivers

Nvidia doesn't gimp their **80 cards.

Why is Radeon shit compared to processors?

>with an i7-4790K

Look the graphic score tho...vega is shit.

If it's comparable with a 1080, then RX Vega should at least be able to get halfway between a 1080 and 1080 ti with proper drivers.

Fucking subhuman filthy animals who shill for AMD from India are already in charge of damage control I see. If the card didn't get enough power it would simply have a driver crash to desktop or result in a complete shutdown. I could buy this argument if you try overclocking it but nah.

>what is 780/780ti aka the cuck cards

This, feels like all the R&D was diverted to Zen, for good reason too.

The user who received the card said that Vega's frequency was all over the place and he was trying to get stable 1600MHz, so it's definitely throttled from power. No one said he has a good PSU. So, performance is pretty much guaranteed to be faster than a 1080, as expected.

and retards on here called raja the gpu jim keller

he's done nothing but shit on amd's designated graphics street since becoming radeon's head honcho

Pajeet

we go through the same shit everytime someone tries to measure the performance of an unreleased card.

the card isn't out yet. the drivers are not out yet. just stop already.

kek

Go back to reedit with your fag drama. The fact you know this is truly pathetic.

Both card and drivers are out already. The performance is beyond atrocious, it's a regression since Fiji/Polaris.

He has the card, he's just running it in a garbage setup and like and said, it's clockspeed is fucked due to said garbage setup.

>second best
here is the list in gpus performance in ascending order
>1070
>1080
>1080 Ti
>Titan X (pascal)
>Titan Xp

I never fell for the hype. For one Jim Keller is actually white.

>the card is coming out in a month
>MUH DRIVERS IT'S THE DRIVERS IT'LL BURY 1080TI I SWEAR JUST YOU WAIT NVIDIOTS

WCCFtech really has to ruin everything, don't they?

Keller has fuckall to do with Zen. He made K12.

I forgot the titans existed desu

So now some random from a comment section is the gold standard for accurate benchmarks?

wait for Navi
It's gonna be great
It will revolutionize the industry

Wait for Waitvi

????

780 got fucked hard in the long run. 680 didn't fare so well either.

I actually like the shitposting.

Keller was not the main architect, as usual, /g is full of shit.

It is if you're a shitposter desperate to shit on AMD for any reason whatsoever.

Well he did say the clocks were all over the place during benchmarking. I'll see if he can stabilize the thing before I give my say on this.

you did WHAT?

This should have been out one month after polaris desu

so i hear it's not for gaming at all

typical excuse amd

t. Raja

But Eren, you ARE the titan.

>Nothing but white people with one Rashid who is there for diversity quotas.

It explains why Ryzen is actually good.

Wrong post, retard

Precisely this. Why did it take them over a year to shit out this turd? This is just embarrassing.

The base clock is 1500 MHz

techpowerup.com/gpudb/2958/radeon-vega-frontier-edition

Keller is the guy who approve any zen idea, so he the man

It will still sell a fuckton because all the other cards are being stolen by miners and the bitcoin hype is not slowing at all.

Prove me wrong

No it's not.
TPU database is full of horseshit

Poo in loo raja

He sure as fuck wouldn't approve of your English.

You can buy a 1080, that is cheaper and more efficient?

hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility

> In the simplest terms AMD has created a product that runs hotter and slower than its competition's new architecture by a potentially significant margin.

He tried to warn you, but you wouldn't listen

Miners won't touch this housefire, especially not with difficulty of mining increasing. Perf/W is paramount and Vega is looking to be a shocker in that department.

Do we know the price of Vega
isn't this blue tard cheaper?

Nah, this is not polaris, polaris was actually quite decent. I dont understand why didnt they just do a 1.5x-2x version of polaris using gddr5 under 500mm2. Also they have infinity, they could just do a dual rx580 chip gpu... Yields could be amazing. Instead they came out with all-new Vega with starving R&D budget.

>He doesn't know about hbm

Because AMD tends to be retarded at times.

Polaris 10 is a GREAT chip. It could be AT LEAST at efficient as Pascal, but
1. AMD raped it with high vcore to maximize yields. People undervolted their RX 480s, getting the same performance with way lower power usage.
2. AMD gimped it with low bandwidth memory. Some dude on a forum somewhere did the tests and found out that full Polaris 10 at stock core clocks would need ~340GB/s to run at it's full potential (it has 256GB/s stock). Just increasing the bandwidth alone would improve the performance by 25% with marginal power draw increase.

Being this mad, sup raja

You won't sell big Polaris to embedded customers and gaymers never buy Radeon anyway.

Maybe Apple bought all the decent binned chips, and left scraps for gamerfags has a lot to do with it.

>Trusting comment section reviews
Sup Huang

I meant that as the others cards are being bought by miners for "normal" people the ony solution is Vega

>Some random idiot gets his hands on FE.
>Has shitty setup.
>Doesn't have a clue how to make it work properly.
This is what happens when AMD don't allow reviewer samples. Probably because they know it's not RX VEGA and will make gamers lose confidence.

>Here is this one brainlet who thinks having a conversation between 30 people wouldn't give you an outcome of around 3 posts per person.

Go back to owning AMD and being an animal.

memed on motherfucker

Quality comment

This card is not for gamurs tho.

IT'S A PERFORMANCE FLOP

TOP KEK, AYYMDPOORFAGS

DEAL WITH IT

The way I look at it, even the non-gaming Vega running in some idiot's trash setup without gaming drivers still manages to match a 1080. So we'll certianly see much better results from RX Vega with proper drivers in a setup that isn't a dumpster fire where it can actually run at proper clockspeeds.

>This card is not for gamurs tho.
>performance around the best gaming cards today

POO

It's not being marketed or sold as a gamur card, in case you have not been paying attention