>With a GTX 1050
>That can run Overwatch at high settings at 60fps
>He gives me only $500

Wat do? Can you guys help me?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/L4dt2R
pcpartpicker.com/list/BmmRtJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tell him you need more than $500, or that he should wait out the mining boom.

I have tried but he keeps saying he just wants a decent upgrade from his 2009 desktop. I keep saying buy something like an HP laptop but he keeps refusing.

Well then the situation is hopeless. It's not your fault, don't blame yourself, and give him his $$$ back.

Buy microcenter motherboard cpu combo.
Buy GTX 1050.
Reuse other parts.

Try Ebay or other second hand places you donut.

Anyway, isn't this where the pentium g4560 is supposed to be good? Get that, cheap mobo, 8gb ram and the 1050 and try to recycle as many parts from his old computer as possible. Chinese ssd with left over cash.

>buy the GPU only
>insert into old PC

>here you go buddy
>what am i supposed to do with this?

Easy, gtx 1050 + g4560
>>>/pcbg/

>friend (me)

>g4560
>8 gb ram
>1050
>cheap motherboard, case, psu and HDD

should be around 500 bones

Pentium 2 with a gtx 1050 will do

pcpartpicker.com/list/L4dt2R

Easy. Can even splurge on a 4GB 1050 Ti. Pirate wangblows.

OP Here, thank you so much!

kek
proto-human

Well OP I recently got a PC with a 1050ti and an i5-2400 for $400. Its not difficult to do. Try to find some used business desktop. Like a Dell Optiplex, those go for around $100~150 and just slap in a graphics card and upgrade the PSU if you need to and you got a gaymin machine

pcpartpicker.com/list/BmmRtJ

Better off doing this if he's only going to play Overwatch at 60 FPS high settings, grab an SSD and adding a HDD later, and the 1050 2GB can do 60FPS in Overwatch at ultra. Also chose a better case, no point in getting an ATX case for a build like this.

I'm a retard, I chose the M.2 SSD, but the 2.5 inch MX300 costs the same.

Even if you build a system primarily because you want to play one game, it's clearly not going to be all you use it for, now or in the future. A 250GB(ish) SSD is a shitty compromise option that's too big for a pure boot drive and not big enough for any worthwhile storage. Better off with a 120GB one and the 1050 Ti, then dropping a hard drive in later for storage.

That board has an M.2 slot.

>buy 2 ozs of weed instead
>give to friend except 1/4 oz you keep
>tell friend to sell the rest and get back to you when he can give you 1k instead

A 250GB SSD is worth going for to install your most played games on, 120GB will fill up fast when games nowadays are 30-60GB or even bigger. And upgrading the GPU in 1 or 2 years is trivial, the 1050 Ti isn't a worthwile upgrade over the 1050, especially if you only play games like Overwatch, you'd have to wait until you can grab a 570 or similar for it to be worth it.

A 120GB SSD and 1050 Ti could be worth it depending on what games OP is playing and how much storage he's using right now but we don't know that yet. And he could also just reuse the storage from his current desktop.

>>Friend wants me to build him a pc
>>With a GTX 1050
>>That can run Overwatch at high settings at 60fps
>>He gives me only $500
>Wat do? Can you guys help me?
> (OP)
>Tell him you need more than $500, or that he should wait out the mining boom.
>
>I have tried but he keeps saying he just wants a decent upgrade from his 2009 desktop. I keep saying buy something like an HP laptop but he keeps refusing.
>
>Well then the situation is hopeless. It's not your fault, don't blame yourself, and give him his $$$ back.
>Buy microcenter motherboard cpu combo.
>Buy GTX 1050.
>Reuse other parts.
>Try Ebay or other second hand places you donut.
>Anyway, isn't this where the pentium g4560 is supposed to be good? Get that, cheap mobo, 8gb ram and the 1050 and try to recycle as many parts from his old computer as possible. Chinese ssd with left over cash.
> (OP)
>>buy the GPU only
>>insert into old PC
>
>>here you go buddy
>>what am i supposed to do with this?
> (OP)
>Easy, gtx 1050 + g4560
>>>>/pcbg/
>>friend (me)
> (OP)
>>g4560
gb ram
>>cheap motherboard, case, psu and HDD
>should be around 500 bones
>Pentium 2 with a gtx 1050 will do
> (OP)
>pcpartpicker.com/list/L4dt2R
>Easy. Can even splurge on a 4GB 1050 Ti. Pirate wangblows.
>
>OP Here, thank you so much!
> (OP)
>kek
>proto-human
> (OP)
>Well OP I recently got a PC with a 1050ti and an i5-2400 for $400. Its not difficult to do. Try to find some used business desktop. Like a Dell Optiplex, those go for around $100~150 and just slap in a graphics card and upgrade the PSU if you need to and you got a gaymin machine
>
kys

Are you ok

so much butthurtttneessss

Either you're a fucking pussy and he's not your friend but someone who kicks your butt and you piss yourself and do as told or you're just as dumb as he is.