Creating outdoor computing/ wifi spaces

why is this not a trend in this day and age?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3780531/
justproveit.net/sites/default/files/prove-it/files/military_radiowave.pdf
bioinitiative.org/table-of-contents/
journaloforthopaedicscience.com/article/S0949-2658(15)33209-7/pdf
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0891061815000599?via=ihub
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_syndrome
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*blocks your path*

>wifi
>laptops
> patios

Signal strength sucks.

Go ahead and spend 4 hours sitting outside in direct sunlight.
Right now.

people can't afford houses

outside chairs are not comfy

I need silence

my neighbours are dicks

>umbrellas

A. lighting conditions outdoors is generally shit
B. its impossible to get good lighting in your seat most of the time
C. outdoor lighting is shit, computer screens are shit, turning up brightness wastes battery

Windows are cheap.

this guy architects

no AC, insects, can't fap

outside is mostly awful for computing.

And if you still want to do it, just go outside, pull out your computing device, done.

I was outside for 45 minutes the other day and got a sunburn.

It unfortunately is, everywhere. Wi-Fi is bad for you. So enjoy your nice, relaxing, pseudohealthy outdoor computing session while you're raising your risk of cancer, fucking up your immune system, reducing your dendritic arborization, negatively altering synaptogenesis, crippling long term potentiation, altering neurotransmitter release via aberrant voltage gated calcium channel activation (all of this is ion channel mediated, with the exception of some cases where DNA acts as a fractal antenna and suffering deleteriously altered electron transport), increasing blood brain barrier permeability, upregulating amyloid beta synthesis and driving down melatonin release, reducing your sperm count and otherwise damaging DNA of the germ line progenitor cells, causing brain damage via upregulation of calcium mediated cellular machinery activity (via calmodulin, etc) subsequent increase in iNOS activity, increase of intracelluar NO, and ultimately formation of peroxynitrite leading to cell damage and apoptosis.

But yeah, you got to play with your nice little convenient wireless toys, right? That makes it all worth it. Definitely couldn't just pull a goddamn $30 cat-7 cable out there with you. Ethernet and all those confusing wires is just ssssoooo complicated. Too much wi-fi and cell phone in my brain, durrr! Bean inn pulsed field iz gud fur mee!

As a sidenote, chronically increased intracellular calcium does generally make for "faster" thought. But over a large array of tests it quickly becomes clear that quick thought is neither quality thought, nor efficient thought. It is dysfunctional thought. Explains a lot of human behavioral patterns that have become all too common over the last few years. Have fun with that hippocampal atrophy and early onset alzheimers / dementia, I suppose. Also, there is a link between ELF from (high voltage) power lines, house wiring, battery packs, and AC/DC converts, with the genesis of parkinsons.

These / the thread.
Except houses being too expensive. Don't live in a shithole city and have a good job to unlock comfy home ownership.

You're genuinely schizophrenic.
But pasta saved.

Ah, do you avoid aluminum-based deodorants and food too?
Because those are ACTUALLY causing neurodegenerative diseases

But user, I live in an apartment in the big city. It means that even if I don't use my wifi, I have like 150 wifi networks raping my body at all times.

4G exists now, so why fall back to WiFi?

I'm genuinely correct, and published research from the late 60's up to present day supports it. Read the literature for yourself. Start with studies that use pulsed (digital transmission) fields and measure intracellular calcium concentration with and without calcium channel blockers. It has been very clearly demonstrated that pulsed fields at microwave frequencies activate voltage gated calcium channels, especially those of the L-type. Likely by interacting with the charge groups that make up its voltage sensing subunit. We know the rest as far as elevated intracellular calcium, it's been well studied from multiple angles.

The first proposed use of microwaves was influencing bone growth. Recently it has been proposed as a means of opening the BBB to allow chemotherapy drugs to get to tumors. The FDA has even approved an application of pulsed fields in the treatment of depression. It's long been known that people with chronic occupational EMF exposure are different from controls in numerous ways. Only now, it's not occupational. It's forced exposure for everyone, most unfortunately people who have half a brain and are actually willing to use it.

I'm not schizophrenic, you're just arrogant and don't know any better because you were taught some surface level biology and physics which tells you everything below some portion of the UV range "cannot cause chemical change" and "turns to heat" or "scatters". Even though there are safety standards for ELF intensity because induction can be an issue, but you wouldn't know about any of that. And even though the input your brain gets from your eyes (via visible light), causes widespread downstream chemical change throughout your whole body. Nah, that doesn't fit the simple and neat little thesis of how the world works, now does it?

Go ahead, try to tell me I'm wrong. Work hard at it, and when you're going to hit post, part of you will already understand that I'm right.

I was outside for 8 hours the other day and got a lovely light-brownish tone on my forearms and face

Data caps and accessing your local network

I avoid aluminum intake, but in general it's aluminum nanoparticles and certain alloys that are toxic. Aluminum is abundant in nature, but generally bound up in forms that body has machinery to process and excrete.

Likewise, modern farming that ignores crop rotation and complimentary crop placement will rely heavily on phosphate-based fertilizer use, which is contaminated with arsenic, polonium, nickel, cadmium, etc. Many crop's root system has a decent affinity for heavy metals, and they will readily be trafficked to its leaves and fruit.

I think the role of aluminum in a generalized sense is probably overstated, though it is important. The real issue is nanoparticles accumulating in microglia and causing chronic inflammation, ie, potentiating brain damage and low level dysfunction.

It's pretty comfy to go out back with a laptop and a beer. I do it once in awhile for a few hours before sunset. Usually watch some twitch streams and shitpost.

my screen porch was rotting pretty badly last year, this summer's project is getting it put back up but with vinyl this time
once i can keep all the damn bugs out of my business i'll bring the laptop outside again

it keeps fucking raining and i can't stain the deck being used for the foundation though, and that's step one

I fap in public all the time

It is. It's called smartphones.

Lab experiments tailored towards a result using directed high intensity beams at specific frequencies and pulse durations is different than low power rf from a consumer device. If you think microwatts of power per cm^3 of tissue (with most of the power being absorbed by the surface skin, and bone in case of the head) will affect cellular function then you're paranoid.

From the osha website:
>There are no specific OSHA standards for radiofrequency and microwave radiation issues.

Radio frequency electromagnetic fields: cancer, mutagenesis, and genotoxicity. 2003
>Overall, the preponderance of published epidemiological and experimental findings do not support the supposition that in vivo or in vitro exposures to such fields are carcinogenic.

Most studies are on ELF at ~60hz because thats where the highest intensity exposure is, but all studies point to non-ionizing rf being safe at moderate intensities. It's only at tens of watts to kilowatts of absorbed power where shit gets dangerous, and only because you're literally cooking tissue.

You're the same guy as the people who went to the Texas PUC and tried to say smart meters were going to control their minds. Fucking schizos.

fpbp quality

can i watch

>has one of the best trackpad in the business
>still using a mouse
Fucking macfags why do they do this?

Because even the shittiest mouse is way better than the best trackpad.

>Lab experiments tailored towards a result
Tailored to better understand existing technology in widespread use.
>using directed high intensity beams
Using standard routers, frequencies, and modulation patterns, at the the same subthermal intensities you get with any consumer devices (because the test equipment is consumer devices, generally).

>at specific frequencies and pulse durations
Using the same frequencies and modulation as the wireless specs consumer devices conform to.

> If you think microwatts of power per cm^3 of tissue
1 - 1.5 microgauss is the threshold for statistically significant effects. Dose response is also non-linear.

>(with most of the power being absorbed by the surface skin, and bone in case of the head)
Tell me about the last time your signal was diminished because your head was between your phone and the tower. Lower frequency, greater penetration.

>will affect cellular function
It does, and I just told you how.

> then you're paranoid.
Don't shoot the messenger, I don't make the rules.

>From the osha website:
>OSHA
Irrelevant hacked together mess. OSHA will also try to tell you melanoma is caused only by UV, and other absurdity. Most scientific and regulatory bodies are ignoring the bulk of the literature, aside from (surprisingly) the WHO and IARC which recently elevated pulsed EMF to "possible carcinogen".

>Most studies are on ELF at ~60hz because thats where the highest intensity exposure is
Look up electrical transients and harmonics, relative to feedback from modern AC/DC converters. The current you get fromj the lines, and in your house wiring, is not a smooth 60hz sine wave. And if it is, it definitely doesn't stay that way for long. Regardless, I've already explained the known mechanisms by which ELF and microwave frequencies affect living systems, to which you have offered no response.

>smart meters
Enjoy your poor sleep quality.

Yeah, skin and bone does reflect and absorb. Just like drywall and wood does. I can barely get my wifi working between rooms, but somehow it's giving me ass cancer through sodium channel activation pseudobiology?

>It does and I just told you how
You told me shit. Give me a study showing what you say. I did my 5 minutes of research.

>The government is lying/ignorant
Def not schizo. OSHA uses FCC and FDA resources, which back up the claim that emf isn't a big deal. WHO thinks maybe a cell phone with the tx literally against your head might cause problems, maybe. Further study is required on this front.

>Harmonics
Oh boy, a tenth of that microwatt at 60hz is going to be at 120hz, better live in the woods and shit in a hole

>You've offered no response
I actually gave you a study contradicting your platform that low power emf causes harmful change to tissues.

>Sleep quality
My sleep is awesome. I only get like 4-5 hours of it though, because life is demanding.

>Yeah, skin and bone does reflect and absorb.
You did not respond, again. Of course some minimal scattering and heating occurs. Just at trivial levels, which is again, why you have yet to experience a problem using your cell phone with your head occluding line of sight to a distant tower.

>sodium channel activation
Very likely primarily calcium channel, but possibly other ion channels are involved as well. Playing a lesser role.

>You told me shit.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3780531/
Follow the citations.

justproveit.net/sites/default/files/prove-it/files/military_radiowave.pdf
Navy studies and aggregated bibliography of existing literature up to a certain point in time. An interesting side note, Russia worked on similar things at the time and there was a lot of literature published in Russian as well, though they focused on thermal vs subthermal more. For a period of some number of months, they directed various frequencies at the US embassy, and they became quite sick. The frequency ranges used, to my knowledge, are not publically known, but they were probably testing certain activity windows they'd identified.

bioinitiative.org/table-of-contents/
All of this. Names of researchers, and citations, are provided.

>I actually gave you a study contradicting your platform that low power emf causes harmful change to tissues.
Not really. And one lone study is rarely a conclusive deal anyway.

>My sleep is awesome. I only get like 4-5 hours of it though, because life is demanding.
I can readily relate.

>Minimal scattering and heating
If it were so minimal, then it would have minimal effects as well. This is clearly not a productive line of conversation.

Thanks for the paper. It's a pretty light research paper though. No real data is included. The citations are all walled, but from the abstract I gather they're targeting the therapeutic use of emf for fracture repair. In this use case, a fracture is put directly under an intense but pulsed emf for about half an hour a few times a week to stimulate growth. The mode of operation is supposedly the lowering of required energy to activate calcium channels, but the cites don't appear to commit to that explanation too hard. I found in another paper that ultrasound has a similar effect, which makes me think the mechanism is designed to be triggered by a variety of stimulations as part of normal bone re-growth.
journaloforthopaedicscience.com/article/S0949-2658(15)33209-7/pdf

>Other papers
I don't deny that specifically targeted emf cannot have biological effects. That would be rather absurd. I dispute that consumer electronics have detrimental effects on the body. After reading what you've linked and a sample of the more interesting seeming citations, I can't say one way or the other that I'm wrong. The studies are critically short on real conclusions in the abstracts, and though some allude to their research having implications in this or that, there's no evidence to support your claims that my wifi is killing me. More that emf does things, and maybe those things are harmful, and maybe they aren't.

I've always thought holding a phone to your head was a bad idea, because that emf IS intense, and is right against sensitive tissues, but over countless studies, the most anyone can say is "we really don't know, more research is required". If there is a negative effect from consumer emf, phone calls are giving it, and even so the effect is so minimal that we can only barely detect it. I feel pretty safe

>I feel pretty safe
Because you don't have the means to feel what's actually happening to you. Here's the deal,
-We know pulsed fields activate L-type VGCCs
-We know that the voltage sensing subunit of the VGCC is composed of charge groups that must all be moved in a specific direction, at very nearly the same time (otherwise it would be activated by thermal motion erroneously). Due to the location of the voltage sensor, embedded in the plasma membrane, ie, the phospho-lipid bilayer. An insulator. Most of the charge will be directed in a specific direction. (ie, Coulomb's law). This then activates the protein complex's 2 high affinity zones, causing a very fast and very selective influx of calcium ions. Very few sodium make it through, despite its speed.
-We know from decades of studying oxidative and nitrosative stress, especially in cases of hypoxia like in ischemic stroke, the role of elevated intracellular calcium in cell death and structural damage. Calcium signalling, its trafficking throughout the cell, and the gene expression pathways that are triggered, are very well studied. This is not theory, upregulation of NO generation, reaction with superoxide, and formation of peroxynitrite, are very well documented.
-Calcium signalling is decently understood in regard to neurotransmitter release, LTP, and dendritic spine maintenance.
-Many studies have already consistently shown reduced sperm count, DNA damage in sperm, and reduced motility as a result of altered morphological aspects.
-Blood brain barrier leakage has been demonstrated in vivo in mice. Albumin staining is rapid and widespread.
[...]

[...]
I don't want to sound dismissive, but I suspect you're taking this stance because you feel uncomfortable and trapped at the very idea. You're also possibly physically addicted. I wouldn't blame ya, I feel the same way. Even knowing this, I am still a trapped wage slave that's forced to have a job. In my current one I work with a wifi device on my hip, and other bluetooth and ELF stuff attached to it. Pass many cell towers all day, work in close proximity to some of them. I'm so sick of it all. Prior to this I was a decent control, as well as someone can be. I figured I would also see how this sort of exposure changes a person's mind, and consciousness. Now a number of things are becoming quite clear, a bit too quickly.

People have this "It don't do nothin' to me, I don't feel anything." And of course you don't. How much of the genesis of our current do we actually understand at any given point in time? How many of our attributions are truly accurate? It's not a night and day thing, generally. It just slowly does something to you. In the short term, indistinguishable from everyday noise, in the long term, too varied and non-descript to be subject to overarching attribution to a singular cause. And of course that's also the beautiful thing.

Whatever. I've given you the means. You're probably just as trapped as I am, but it's up to you what you do with it. I have to go eat and sleep, etc. I appreciate the relatively substantive exchange we've had.

I'll leave another review by the same guy here as a last paper. I'll also draw your attention to the VGCC polymorphism "Timothy Syndrome", which near universally presents with autistic features. I would note the rising autism rate. The current 1 in 43 figure is fairly conservative.

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0891061815000599?via=ihub
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_syndrome

Have a nice night.

>hot computer
>hot sun

Sounds great

because fuck going outside, that's why. fuck the sun, fuck the rain, fuck the bugs, fuck the shitty wifi connection. what are you some turbonormie that wants to sit on an outdoor patio at starbucks trying super hard to look like your writing the next great american screenplay on your macbook while it throttles running your shitty bloated specialty screenplay writing app?

>thread turns into an /x/ shit flinging contest
Fuck off back to your containment board, skitzos.