Ariane Flight VA238

>not SpaceX

Rocket launch at 2059 GMT (4:59 p.m. EDT)

>A European Ariane 5 rocket is set for liftoff Wednesday with the Hellas-Sat 3/Inmarsat S EAN satellite designed for television broadcasting and airborne connectivity in Europe, and India’s multipurpose GSAT 17 communications satellite.

Live stream starts 10min before launch:
dailymotion.com/video/x4ytcvs_direct-lancement-ariane-5-va238-28-06-17_tech

Other urls found in this thread:

arianespace.com/mission/ariane-flight-va238/
dailymotion.com/video/x4yt8rr_live-ariane-5-launch-va238-on-june-28-2017_tech
x0.at/iKh.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Maybe i am just dumb milenian, but seeing super expensive rockets to spew some flames and disappear in the sky isnt cool enough for me.
>social media and generally internet and games destroyed my attention span

At least i bumped your thread.

stream begins

thanks

>spew some flames and disappear in the sky
man if you can't see this sis something far more important and significant than that please just go live in the middle of nowhere and never speak to another human being again

I watch the spacex launches for the landings, because landings are the most exciting part.

Two geosync satellites, getting them into place will be fun.

> don't care about space shit
> Not welcome in human civilization
That's a bit small minded. Civilization is built on the division of labor, and necessarily the division of interest.

Hey, the rockets are so complicated that i cant even grasp the basics (not that i ever wanted to). I always sucked in physics, chemistry was like black magic to me.

Sorry for being lowly peasant, who is into software stuff. Still i bet portion of my taxes went into building this rocket.
>you cant build rockets without peasants taxes

What does it even carry? What is the end goal? And why dont you post some colorful infographic to keep babies like me entertained?

Other stream:
arianespace.com/mission/ariane-flight-va238/

I recently talked with a guy who worked on some launches there, and man, even without taking the scientific aspects of the launch into account, just the level of project management that's necessary for each launch is amazing.
No wonder they say space launches are always at the forefront of planning and management techniques.

Boy the countdown is on.

faggots are speaking baguette, how to english

Stupid OP posted the french stream, the one posted by is the right one.

dailymotion.com/video/x4yt8rr_live-ariane-5-launch-va238-on-june-28-2017_tech

>Aryan Space

>baguettes attempting english
Jesus christ, couldn't they have had some PR person who can actually speak the language read the shit?

You know you like it

>poo in loo sattelite

Where are the legs? Are they just gonna throw it in the ocean or something? Seems like an expensive waste

And countdown is kill.

I hope it's not a surprise strike. The whole Guyane region has been sensitive this year.

Can someone translate what the fucking teleprompter is saying?

The aliums probably shot down this one too, like musk's rocket that would have carried facebook's satellite, but then misteriously exploded on the launch pad.

>A red has occured on Launch VA238. We have interrupted the broadcast for a few minutes. Coming back very soon.
It's actually there in English too.

A red has occured
what did they mean by this?

I'm not gonna complain, Ariane 5 is an over-engineered expensive piece of hardware that's only commercially viable because the Russians are barely reliable and American private companies aren't viable yet.

Countdown green again
happening

If dubs the rocket blows up.

how long till were shitposting in space

5:00

When I started watching launches I had like 3 blown up rockets in row. It was awesome. After that I have not seen a single one blow up live.

Huh, good on Europe I guess. I didn't even think it was commercially viable, just a money sink because they didn't want to be dependant on others.

>speak English
>they overlay it with loud france
How do I turn the frogeater off

sweet, the rocket's coming to pick me up? y no 1 tell me

The other stream URL is in this thread.

Launch video for whoever missed it just now
x0.at/iKh.webm

Why haven't they strapped a couple gopros on the rocket, like SpaceX does?

Dat acceleration though

Oh never mind, they do have gopros.

I understand the first video.

But what is this?

Looks like dropping a stage while in space over the night side of the earth.