PLS HELP ME LEAVE THE BOTNET

OK Sup Forums I'm fucking tired of BotNet 10 and since I have a new Intel 7700HQ CPU I cannot upgrade to Windows 7 or 8.1 so my only choice is Linux...

I've managed to install Zorin OS on this hardware :
Core i7 7700HQ
Nvidia GTX 1060

I'm using an ASUS STRIX GL502VM

Since this is a laptop I've been having issues controlling the keyboard back light and closing the lid seems not to do anything, I've tried a few grub modifications and still no dice.
Also any games in WINE seem to have some bad stutter, what changes do I need to make to fix that?

Anybody have any ideas? I know this isn't tech support but please help me leave the botnet

install gentoo

Install Xubuntu

Ubuntu and native games through steam

No shill, if you get a mac you can turn off telemetry pretty easily with a program, l I think it was little snitch and it actually doesn't keep telemetrying anyway but stays off, unlike Windows 10.

>zorin os
Install a distro that isn't shit.

ok, what mac can I buy for 1,300 USD that has a Core i7 7700HQ, 16GBDDR4 RAM and a Nvidia 1060?

Doesn't matter what distro I use you stupid shill, I've used Lubuntu, Ubuntu and even Ubuntu Mate and it's all the same.

you know you can use windows 7/8.1 on kaby lake
you just have to change the .dll that checks if you're on ryzen/kaby lake
go google it

also laptops with switchable graphics are for niggers, only the igpu is hooked up to the display, the nvidia/amd graphics instead write to a buffer which the igpu has process later to send to the screen, so you get a frame of lag.

grats you used 100 ubuntu based distros

>shill
What?

I don't have a iGPU though, this isn't optimus.
And the issue is that my touchpad has no drivers for earlier versions of windows since ASUS has custom touchpads and shit.

then just install 2 partitions? presumably you use a mouse when you play games, not the touchpad. If you game on a seperate os you'll probably be more productive when you're booted into your "secure work os"

Read Stallman's site and unplug yourself.

>you can turn off telemetry
And by what process did you confirm this theory?

> muh gayms
When you grow up install and need PC for actual work, install Linux. Until then embrace botnet, social media and Starbucks latte.

I'm getting sick of 1000s of stupid thread's on Sup Forums. Only about fucking games or stupid screenfetch.
Look, if games are something that important in your life that you are willing to change your privacy for...go ahead, leave Windows it's your best bet

That majority of my post isn't even about games and you know that not only children play games right? Not everyone wants to sit here ricing their desktop in their free time, we all have hobbies outside of work.

So are you going to help or just be a pest? Getting really tired of virgin losers such as yourself freaking out over the idea of someone who is both tech literate and likes video games.

if you're so fucking "tech literate" then fix your own problems nigger

There is no escape.
Only botnet awaits.

>gaming
>hobby
It's a waste of time.

>Zorin OS
Never heard of it.

I recommend Xubuntu, if you want free-software only(that's the only way to leave the botnet) you can try debian + DE of your choice.

I don't know this GoymOS you speak of but there should be an option to configure lid close on the settings menu.
Or you can just set it through systemd.

Different games need different wine settings to work well. You usually can find them on the winehq website. You can also use PLayOnLinux to download and manage them automatically.

you cant unless youre willing to get rid of your cell phone, credit cards, and really any bank accounts, windows 10 is only the beginning

OP I'll give it to you straight.

The easiest way to use Linux is to stick with the one providing the most community support.
Zoarin may be designed as a windows transition but it has fuck-all people using it.
Ubuntu and Debian have a great amount of people using them that can explain how they work.

The key here is to pick up on how things operate differently and why, or change it yourself, you have actual choice in the matter now.

Oh, and listen to the Arch users, not necessary to install though, they spent years breaking their systems and putting them back together. Any guides they make on this or that WILL apply to your distro, use them.

Yeah but even Ubuntu does not have the support for this. I've used the Ubuntu community because their answers will work for Zorin 99% of the time but I still have no dice.

Why does Ubuntu have such shit drivers when it comes to laptop lid sensors?

>art is a waste of time.
So what, is reading wasting your time? Is listening to music, watching a movie, looking at paintings? Come on. I understand if you're saying that people who spend an inordinate amount of time doing so are wasting it, but you need to understand that that doesn't represent all.

Every GNU/Linux has the exact same drivers.
They just don't all come with the same set pre installed.