Controller thread

What is your favorite controller for PC?
For me it's the dualshock 4 (v2)
It just works perfectly for me.
[spoiler]steam controller babies aren't allowed here[/spoiler]

I couldn't find an actual picture of the v2, would you believe that.

bought a steam controller, jumped ship to the ds4.

fuck that stupid touch pad bullshit

Dpad sucks, literally impossible to know if you're pressing up or right/left.
It's awkward to hold in your hands.
abxy buttons feel like tiny little tumors.
The controller vibrations is the worst I'eve ever seen.
The clicky R1/L1 buttons.

The only good thing about this controller is the customization

Depends on what game.
I have a USB sens controller for anything that only needs that many buttons, a GameCube controller for emulating GameCube games and a DS3 for modern games

Love the Xb1 controller

damn i thought i clicked on Sup Forums well nvm must be fucked in the head

Well memed my friend.

I like keyboard and mouse :3

Fuck outta here with your gayming shit.

Wait, wtf I thought I was on Sup Forums

Dualshock 4, I used to have the Xbox 360 controller and holy hell is the Dpad shit on it.

>For me it's the dualshock 4 (v2)
Amen.

>stop liking what I don't like
Fuck off old fart.

>fuck that stupid touch pad bullshit
Nobody forces you to use it, but it's nice to have when you need to use the mouse, not having to get up behind the TV.

>steam got native dualshock 4 support in december
>think alright, I can play black ops 3 splitscreen with a friend because it natively supports splitscreen
>plug in controller and use steam big picture mode to enable dualshock 4 support
>controller works
>only problem is that it controls both players at the same time
>even if you plug in the controller after you've started the game
I don't understand whatsoever

fine aiming is absolutely amazing on the DS4 touchpad, it's still in a good spot to jump your thumb quickly from the right stick to the touchpad, if you need to scope, it's great, the only thing that made the Steam controller good for FPS games

Who the fuck uses the buggy and broken Steam controller wrapper? It's literary shit.
Not just with the DS4, any controller.

I used the ds4windows fork everybody uses and the controller worked separately like it's supposed to for about a minute before it decided to start controlling both players again

Keyboard and mouse on the couch or bed is awkward and uncomfortable as fuck.
Just because Linus did it for views, does not mean it's good.

>ds4windows fork everybody uses
InputMapper?

Never had this problem.
All my DS4 controllers are being registered as separate 360 gamepads.
Unless your Steam shit is still highjacking the controller, it's probably because you aren't using exclusive mode nor disabled the d-input controller.

I'll try it again with inputmapper. How do you use exclusive mode and disable d-input? Originally I had the idea of unbinding all the buttons to their defaults

Touchpad is pretty damn sweet on PC tho
Did you install DS4Windows?
Great when you're in the couch and dont wanna get up and need mouse to navigate programs and games etc

>Did you install DS4Windows?
outdated shit

>How do you use exclusive mode and disable d-input?
Enable exclusive mode in settings.

Might aswell disable the d-input controller in device manager and bluetooth devices.
The controller will still work.

Google how to rearrange devices, make sure both of the wrapped 360 controllers are on top of the line in Controllers control panel and the d-input native driver ones are on the bottom.

Works fine with me, what's your problem with it?

Wii U Pro controller.

- Real D-pad
- Great button quality
- Battery lasts forever
- Just works(tm) in Linux without any annoying setup

It's probably the ultimate controller for emulation.

>buggy and broken
you think it works fine because you never used better

I used DS4windows inthe past but I haven't encountered any issues with the steam built-in support.
I guess I'm lucky

Mainly for fighting games but it's also excellent for other arcade-style games (e.g. Tetris, shoot 'em ups, platformers) and rhythm games.

>DS4windows
kek

then what do I use? I'm generally curious. It has never *not* worked for me.

SCP Toolkit is fucking gay.

x360ce

Dualshock on PC ftw

People like to shit on the ps4 controller but I don't know, it feels great in hands and I don't have anything bugging me about it. I know the battery life sucks but I use it with a wire anyway.
Great controller

For me it's the ds4 kit made for pc. Got it on black Friday for 30

I use a ps2 adapter because dualshock 2 is best dualshock

Dualshock 4, though it's only good when you use wired because battery life is ass.
also use the Gamecube controller for Dolphin

My PS2 controller was sitting unused for ten years years because every chink adapter I bought was dead on arrival, fucking chink shit..

also picked up a Japanese version last year with mechanical switches behind every button, felt real nice but both sticks are broken

>Hitbox
But that's cheating, user.

is it possible to use a vidya game controller as a mouse...?

I strongly disagree. You just need a solid tray the keyboard and mouse pad are fixed to and it's comfy as fuck

Yes, with xwiimote

Got my rumblepad2 like 8 years ago, Best controller I've ever had.

I bought mine used. I care more about having a good d-pad than analog sticks, which I rarely use.

>not getting a hori rap 4 for tekken 7

smfh

>not having a fighting stick already

>fine aiming is absolutely amazing on the DS4 touchpad
I by amazing you mean laggy as fuck and not nearly as good as using an actual Steam Controller w/ Touchpad+Gyro mouse, sure.

The Steam controller is decent for FPS not just because you can make fine movements, but toggle between large sweeping motions and fine accurate movements (+ gyro for that last 10% of dialing in your aim) simply by soft-pressing one of the triggers. Doing the same on DS4 doesn't work nearly as well.

Jay2Kings DS4Windows fork is better. But you can use the Dualshock 4 through Steam Big Picture's Steam-controller configuration too if you turn it on, it actually works better IMO than DS4Windows forks since you can have it change to mouse/keyboard control on the desktop automatically, and have it work as a normal Xbox gamepad elsewhere.

I've been using a Wii Classic Controller Pro for a long time now. It has a nice Nintendo D-pad and the octagonal analog stick gates, which some hate, are actually fucking amazing for certain retro games like Tecmo Super Bowl.

What's the difference between V2 and V1?

You can get the customization with DS4 too. Steam added support for it months ago.

>game controller
>[spoiler]
get back to summer

also, nothing beats the ps3 controller
>inb4 xbox controller
kys

I like the gamesir g4. It working on just about everything i own is nice. Feels like a higher quality 360 controller. Note that its missing any fancy stuff BEYOND being a controller(no built in sound interface, no touchpad, standard force feedback, etc...) but it works on the PS3, Android, iphone, PC, MAC, etc... Wish is worked on the 360 too.

DualShock 3

Wii U pro controller

Steam controller is pretty great I honestly don't see why people hate it so much
Personally the only compliant I can think of is the dpad on 2D platformers but making it touch enabled with haptic feedback pretty much avoids that problem

Do any controllers support sound on PC? I really like that feature of the PS4 and shield tablet.

I used a Saitek P990 for over a decade until very recently when the 2 button started sticking and I opened it up to find the rubber contact pad for that button had a small tear in it.
I really liked having a 6 button configuration.

I got this
like i can understand not putting bluetooth/wireless dongle but they could put a fucking micro usb cable for fucks sake jews

>bluetooth donger
what age do you live in where your device doesnt have bluetooth support?

thats your argument wow

a
fucking
cable

and if u want to know I built my pc last year it has w10 and theres no bluetooth connectivity

that is the v2 actually, isn't it? because it has the light visible through the touchpad?

The newest Xbox one controllers are bluetooth. I dunno if the connection is fast enough for twitch games though. I know controllers that come with 2.4ghz dongles have something like 1/3rd as much latency when connecting over the 2.4ghz connection over the bluetooth(And thats bluetooth v4.0. v5.0 might be better, but i dont think anything other than the S8 has it)

v2 also have grey buttons and stick instead of black, also the bottom part is darker color of controller instead of just black

i use a 360 pad but i don't get the shitposting they're all essentially the same