Anyone here use ProtonMail & ProtonVPN? I will be traveling back and forth from the US and China...

Anyone here use ProtonMail & ProtonVPN? I will be traveling back and forth from the US and China. I have issues with Google related stuff without a VPN while in China. I am looking for an email/vpn solution that I can use worldwide.

Anybody have experience with these guys? It looks like a pretty good service. Is it worth $288 USD per year for both? Thanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptome.org/2015/11/protonmail-ddos.htm
nccgroup.trust/us/about-us/newsroom-and-events/blog/2011/august/javascript-cryptography-considered-harmful/
theregister.co.uk/2014/07/07/protonmail_fail_javascript/
theregister.co.uk/2014/07/11/tutanota/
moxie.org/software/sslstrip/
protonmail.com/blog/protonmail-threat-model/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can't you use ProtonVPN with a ProtonMail Plus subscription?

I don't know how to use ProtonVPN on GNU/Linux (t. sociology student) but ProtonMail is great indeed, and it has a solid development.

Wasn't protonmail just outed as insecure during the recent leaks? I was wanting to start using it until I read that.

They took forever when sending out the original invites so I went to FastMail and have been using it ever since

I signed up a couple weeks ago. The mail and VPN combo is only $115 year for the plus level. It works very well especially in GNU/Linux.

prior js flaws
1. metadata analysis: doesn't protect metadata
app code mod scenarios
2. ssl interception mitm scenarios: root CA delivering valid SSL certificate, SSLStrip, SSL interception, ICAP server performing response modification, hence allowing for code modification
3. private key transmitted encrypted to the browser: private key theft or during transit in a MITM or SSL interception situation
4. Authorized backdoor, through court order to provide user’s mailbox access, by planting specific code to reveal mailbox password and/or private key.

this but i use Tutanota.

I use cock.li, mail with cocks is best mail

Sauce or stfu

Any real reason to not use secmail instead

Did you know that protonmail routes all traffic through Mossad servers?

>claims to visit china
>dont know which vpn work and what dont
>Mossad
Isn't they our guys?

SAUCE OR STFU

cryptome.org/2015/11/protonmail-ddos.htm

sauce then:

js
nccgroup.trust/us/about-us/newsroom-and-events/blog/2011/august/javascript-cryptography-considered-harmful/

theregister.co.uk/2014/07/07/protonmail_fail_javascript/

tutanota included

theregister.co.uk/2014/07/11/tutanota/

metadata:
obvious sauce

ssl interception
moxie.org/software/sslstrip/

private key and auth backdoor by proton mail themselves

protonmail.com/blog/protonmail-threat-model/

"...have a life and death situation that requires privacy, we would not recommend using ProtonMail. For extremely sensitive situations, it is simply not a good idea to use email as a medium for communications."

see

IMAP/POP support when!!??

Well then, what would be the best alternative?

This is a BIG load of bullshit.

all pot no honey

Only for tracker invites. I don't take it seriously.

So any good email that actually respects your freedoms and privacy ?

>believing a blog post tier article
Sure thing senpai :^)

Protonmail

A pigeon with the right the bear arms

Shalom! I agree!

What's with all the antisemitism here lately? Is Sup Forums being invaded by Sup Forums?

Been using ProtonMail Pus for about a year and ProtonVPN free/beta. Very satisfied with email service. I use VPN only to bypass some regional restriction like once a month so free version is enough for me. I testes speed and latency while in beta (it user premium speeds) and if was same as on my ISP plan. Latency obviously depended on country/server.

A lot of Sup Forums is, Sup Forums is spilling into other boards and T_D is leaking in from leddit. I even see it on /ck/ occasionally, but it's not as prevalent.

Based next Snowden in life and death situation with governments' super-computers of different countries trying to decipher your emails.

>lately

I use Navermail, no 3 letter agency probably even know this shit exists and the phone client is really good.

Also PIA vpn which is probably compromised to hell and back but I only use it to torrent so whatever.