/pcbg/ PC Building General

>Assemble your parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC, select components & more (kind of outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Build_a_PC

If you want help:
>State the budget for your build (and country if not the USA).
>List games/software you use often, as well as your monitor resolution + refresh rate.
>Clarify your goal for build improvements: lower price or improved specs?

CPUs:
>G4560 - Budget builds (R5 1400 - if you can't afford better or specifically need 8 threads but not a very powerful CPU
>R5 1500x - Buy the 1600 instead
>R5 1600 - Best value for higher fps gaming / mixed usage; Get a 1600x if you don't OC
>R7/Xeon/Threadripper - Compute/Multitask/mixed use; Not required for just gaming.

GPUs:
>Integrated CPU Graphics - Desktop stuff and very light games
>RX 560 and GTX 1050Ti - Lower end budget cards, drop settings on newer games
>RX570 - 1080p@60hz at high, running most maxed older games at 144+hz.
>RX580 and GTX1060 6GB - 1080p@60hz maxed, 1440p@60hz at lower settings; Go for the RX580 if you can.
>GTX 1070 - 1080p@144hz /1440p@60hz at high
>GTX 1080 - 1080p@144hz / 1440p@60hz maxed, 4k@60hz in a few games; Probably the highest end card you need for 1080p/1440p.
>GTX 1080 Ti - 1440p@144 hz and 4k@60hz maxed/high in many games; You're kind of going overboard with this one.
>AMD GPUs are suffering a lack of stock and Nvidia a rise in price thanks to miners

RAM:
>Check your Mobo QVL before buying any RAM
>Ryzen benefits from high speed RAM

General:
>ALWAYS LOOK AT PRODUCT REVIEWS!
>Always consider an SSD. Try buying a large SSD for what you'd pay for your SSD+HDD combined, and add a HDD later
>NVMe SSDs aren't for a faster OS boot, they're for productivity/scratch disk/VMs. NVMe and M.2 are not the same thing, M.2 is a form factor.
>The Ryzen lineup comes with exceptionally good stock coolers. (with the exception of the 1600X) consider using them over any sub 35USD cooler.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.de/itm/122553709703
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

time to update your shit pajeet

shit thread with shit picture created early
please delete it and make another with an appropriate pc building or hardware related picture please

still for poorfags

>created early
other thread hit bump limit, stop crying

Kill yourself, retard. Saged once again.

For starters, general are created a few minutes before or immediately after they die, regardless of bump limit. You would've learned that by lurking more.
Secondly, it was created 5 posts before bump limit.

if shills like you leave then the thread will be better off, bye fag

>trying to derail the new thread this early

Would I regret using an 8c16t Ryzen chip for a server? Here's the situation.
Gaming and overall build already done
>1700X
>Asus ROG X370 board
>32GB ddr4-2400

I was looking to get a 1600X, ASRock taichi X370, and 16GB of the fastest ram I can find. The 1600X and ram would be swapped into the gaming build.

I know everyone will say wait for Threadripper, but they're showing 180w tdp. I'm looking for low power use as this server will be on at all times. I intend to underclock/volt the 1700X to get as low as possible. If I can get the 1700X under 50w I'd be happy. My dual core Haswell Pentium does 42w. Does all this sound like a good idea?

Is that fucking Roblox on his computer?

Fire Raja
Hire Ahmed

right but the 4600 is better all around and only 5$ more

when it was 20$ difference you had a point, now retailers are no longer offering it that low

Honestly, yes. It has a good price, first and foremost.

ryzen is made for servers so no it would be fine

its the cpu soldering program

if shills like you leave then the thread will be better off, bye fag

if anyone needs to hire ahmed its intel, maybe he will finally solder their cpus

Didn't know where else to go with this, hope it's okay i post a quick question in here

I don't have a printer, i rarely need one.
If i go to my university and print out a personal document, will it in any way be saved to the printer or computer it's printed from?
I'd rather not have that

>SAGE THREAD RRRRRRREEEEEEEEE
>stays behind to continue shitposting

if you are building a server then just wait for threadripper

He's right, you're shitting up this general quite a lot. We were much better off with you.

what the fuck are you even on about? and

>>>/sqg/

>talking about yourself in 3rd person

Yes, multiple people dislike you here. You can try to dismiss it all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you've been shitting up this general quite a lot these past few days.

>tfw when all components have arrived for new build except the case

Fire it up anyway. Put the mobo on an antistatic bag and assemble everything.

>i am multiple people if i talk about myself in 3rd person

He's not alone. Go fuck yourself, kid.

>i am multiple people if i talk about myself in 3rd person

>tfw ya new amd parts arrive

ebay.de/itm/122553709703

Any German friend that can translate this thing for me and specify what's here? Does it actually has 2 xeons and 32gb of ram? I guess what's missing it's the mother board, Case, power supply and a GPU, but I have spare stuff for that.

its a dual socket quad core server (8 cores in total)

pretty useless

What's the cheapest 1TB SSD?

>State the budget for your build (and country if not the USA).
$600-$800US
>List games/software you use often, as well as your monitor resolution + refresh rate.
Steam ,Black desert on a 1080p HD TV and some heavy weebshit
>Clarify your goal for build improvements: lower price or improved specs?
Friend wants to build a good PC and as long as Iv known him he's had shit like a gts 450.

Small case(if possible)his space is small af
R5 1400
Rx 570 or rx 560 itx card
Some cheap single 16xpci slot modo with enough slots for 8gb ram.
RAM

looks good

It's still 57€ in Spain. So I guess it should say
>get the G4560 only if it's 59$ or lower

I need a cheapish 24 inch 1080p monitor. Debating between the BenQ GL2460hm or the Acer R240hy. Which should I go for?

Why thought.

BenQ. Everything Acer makes is hot garbage

Does anyone know when the next big batch of new GPUs will be distributed?

Right now it is ridiculous.
What the fuck are the manufactures doing?

I have 2 questions:
i'm going to upgrade my old build, I already got a 580 and i'm thinking in getting a r1600, a gigabyte ab350 gaming 3 and some ddr4 ram. I already have my old corsair 600W psu and I don't see a reason to upgrade it, is 600W enough for this new build?
my second question is I see that this mobo only supports r5 after some bios update, will my cpu be supported from the get go?

because its an intel server

Hey, all. I'm trying to install windows 8.1 on my pc that I built from a properly formatted usb drive. After selecting boot from usb on the BIOS, it just goes to a black screen and the light on the usb goes off. I've looked around and could find nothing. The attached picture is my build. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm using the Mac Boot Camp Assistant to create the bootable usb.

>windows 8.1
even 10 is better than that garbage

Treat me as stupid as you probably think I am, would it be easier to install?

10 be easier? yea probably

Have you tried both before saying such things?
W10 is hell for me so far, even 8.0 wasn't as annoying.

you could easily fit r5 1600 with that budget

Other than that, would it be good for media streaming and maybe hosting a web page?

reminder that the i7 7700k is the undisputed KING of gaymen and OP is just a butthurd AYMD fanboi ruining the thread everyday

(you)

i agree with you but i'm gonna report you still for instigating flamewar and poor quality of posting (the picture)

>2017
>paying >$300 for a quad core processor

your tears taste good

Planning on getting a new CPU, Motherboard, and RAM in Q4. I see ryzen is pretty much all that is suggested here and while I want to support AMDs efforts, I also want something that just werks like my 3770k does.

Towards the end of the CPU's life, I usually overclock as high as I physically can if that effects the decision. What should I get?

oh yea have you reported all the AMD fans posting similar pictures throughout the thread also?
didn't think so.

>What should I get?
Depends entirely on usage.

I did indeed, everytime that retard posted his wojak edits and autism pictures. But it seems moderators are completely useless.

Also, my usage consists of 90% gaming/decoding video and the other 10% for solid works/video editing

Forgot to add this

>THE WOJAKS ARE TRIGGERING ME MODSSSSSSSS HELLLPPPPPPP

mods aren't here to ban decenting opinions, go back to rebbit if you think they are

Shitposting and namecalling isn't "opinion", poor quality of post are against the rules.

>decoding video and solidworks
r7 1700

well I just got banned tho

Acer is shit, one of the companies i boycott

i never called you a name, stop playing victim, you come here everyday to shill things no one wants and get called out on it, go to /tpg/ and say that everyone should buy a macbook and see that you will get the same response there as you get here

But that's only 10% of my usage. Isn't it an irrational decision to base off that?

Also why does no one suggest the 1800

acer has one good monitor, the xf270hu, if it isnt that one then yea acer is pretty shit

AMDroids literally pulling a J on the board.
First infiltrating the PCB thread, then crying victim when normal people protest their bs.

>Also why does no one suggest the 1800
because its the same as 1700 but more expensive, its for people who aren't willing to overclock

What's a case like this only slightly larger?

When you guys assemble your PC do you use antistatic shit and other security methods/equipment?

I just fucking do it on the floor and for now nothing killed me yet

No, and you can generally overclock a 1700 to 1800X levels or pretty close for less money.

>normal people
paid pajeets arent normal """"""people""""""", btw can i have your starbucks card if you arent' going to use it?

[email protected] to Ryzen 1700. Current card is a 1080 at 1440p. How much fps improvement are we talking about?

antistatic is wristbands are a meme

I don't think there is anything wrong with their monitors. I think it is mostly just a laptop/netbook problem.

>Q4
wait for Q4 since everything may change by then
currently the usual pick would be:
Ryzen 5 1600
B350 Motherboard
2x4GB or 2x8GB 3000MHz / 3200Mhz RAM

massive improvement in power consumption and general performance

also you get pcie 3, native m.2 support, NVME, and DDR4

its quite a substantial jump

How do you all feel about this:
>GTX 1050ti (in my locale 3gb 1060s are 400 dollars)
>i5 7500 or Ryzen 5 1600 (I will be doing only gaming)
What do?
>pls no shilling

idk man i've created this thread many times and you're the only retard to ever sperg out and suddenly call me a shill

No they're not

i don't care about laptops that aren't thinkpads so i wouldent know

You should be using anti-static equipment (like the bracelet) so you don't cause harm to the components. It is very easy to ruin some RAM that way. It isn't so much on personal safety as component safety.

any alternatives to this case that cost around 80 USd or less? I can't believe there aren't any more of this around.

>even considering i5 7500
don't fall for the 4/4 meme user

Wait what, first time i hear this.

I'm actually a AMD user, but damn, the i7 7700k has its place in the gaming scenario come on

Do you really believe what you say dude?

There's not actual shills in this thread. There's like 20 people in here tops, why would anyone even shill

>i5
just no, if the r5 1600 is a similar price then go for that

I know it's a bit of a reach so I guess I'll just wait it out. Just trying to get an idea of which way I'm going to go when the time comes. Essentially looking for a red pill on AMD

>running ICs on antistatic bags
Oh shit nigger what the fuck are you doing? Antistatic stuff typically works by being conductive; an antistatic bag can short electronics.

keep buying that snake oil then

>itx

Nice try, but you were the guy that made the copycat threads without the i7 in them and got BTFO constantly by people calling out ur bs, then you managed somehow to outperform us and now you monopolize this thread every single day with blatant pro-amd shilling even when it doesn't make any sense

Makes sense. Are there good motherboards available?

I fucked up lads. Got a 970 and an i5 4460, and now I'm being bottlecocked hard. Should I just get a new mobo altogether? Would like the possibility of OCing in the future too, currently on a H81M mini-ATX

>I'm actually a AMD user
wow that's funny im actually an intel user that can tell you from first hand experience fuck intel, literal meme

Never used antistatic anything except the bags to store components. usually just put the motherboard on a table and go at it. Sometimes I touch metal first but I forget most of the time, never killed anything yet.

Thinkgen of getting ml120 for my h100i V2 so that it may be silent while idle operation instead of the noisy stock sp120, sound good or are there alternatives?

And no I would rather not have poo colored fans as I have a glass case

i5 4460 shouldn't bottleneck a 970