Why do some people insist on not putting their smartphone in a case?

Why do some people insist on not putting their smartphone in a case?

>inb4 why don't people wear condoms

because my samsung galaxy s5 is built like a tank

because I don't have downs and faggot/fat hands

>buying a fragile piece of shit that breaks after one drop
No thanks, I use a Nexus 5.

Because I haven't managed to break a smartphone in my life. I don't know how people do it.

i broke a phone once in my life and it was when i threw it as hard as i could across the room

other than that i never have and so i don't use a case because i suppose i'm just better than other people

>Same phone for 4 years with no case or screen protector
>Dropped it multiple times
>Only damage is barely visible scratches on the back

Maybe I'm just lucky but the Asus PadFone has survived more than it should have. Runs like absolute shit tho

>get stoned
>go for a cig
>look at API on phone
>put phone down in lap and think
>figure something out
>put out smoke and get up
>phone falls

never broken one this way but dropped them plenty of times

I've got a S5, too
Dropped a few times but still in near pristine condition.
Only blemish is some of the silver paint on the trim has chipped off. But you can't even notice it.
I'm upgrading to the S8 though

idk
/thread
sage
reported
lefacebookfrog.png
btfo

I don't smoke
Checkmate

dumb thread
sage

These.

99% cases where someone drops a phone is because of the same shit like >be a fucking retard
>do something retarded
>phone falls

why do people insist on buying an expensive, fragile and pretty phone? you'll need a case to make it strong; but then it still gets fat and loses its prettyness.

Why the heck would I put $20 plastic on a $600/700 piece of electronics?

Because causes are ugly? I didn't buy a pretty aluminium toy that feels nice and cold only to put it into a fucking condom. Besides, if you break yours it will be a nice lesson to be not a careless retard the next time.

Accidents happen sure but if it's not an once in a lifetime thing for you, you're too dumb to own a phone that costs more than a cheap case.

Because it's uncomfy retarded normie accessory. I literally throw my phone around all the time and I've never managed to cause it any damage

>i've never dropped an object in my entire lifetime
>no one i know has ever dropped an object of mine in my entire lifetime
Completely believable, I bet you don't use erasers or the Backspace key because perfect people like you don't make mistakes.

>Why do some people insist on not putting their car in a case?

>using an eraser instead of scribbling over the mistake
Are you a gril?

fun fact: these cases don't actually protect your phone from breaking when you drop it, they only protect against scratches

cases are retarded.

it's really hard to so much as scratch the screen on a phone, much less crack it.

You're autistic if you must have a case for every gadget you own

Same. I actually dropped it a few times on concrete but not a scratch on it (well, a few very very small scratches in the corners). Which surprises me since it's all plastic. The most "damaged" thing is the USB port protector peeling itself.

Try not dropping it. They coated it with literal glass.

>buy muh premium aluminum phone
>put in in cheap plastic case anyway

Because my n5 still broke when it was inside a samsung case.

Glass and metal phones worst meme ever.

fun fact: your're retarded

I just like not scratching up my shitty phone. Fuck off.

Because I simply don't care

I would, if I could.

>Covering your $600 gadget in $2 chinese plastics

The feeling of the phone is part of the glam. If it breaks, it breaks.

After the first time a phone broke, falling out of a coat pocket, I now get screen protectors and cases on all my phones.

When I get out of the truck and the phone falls out of my pocket onto the asphalt, I'm glad it's in a rugged case rated for a 9 foot drop onto concrete.

>buying a phone for glams
There's the problem.

It's a small portable computer, that costs as much as a laptop, that I bought for its utility, and that I intend to keep using until it's no longer sufficient to handle my daily tasks. I want it to work, and it should last me at 3-5 years. When I get a new phone, the old one should still be available in case I need a temporary device because something goes wrong and it's gone for repairs.

I broke the digitizer on my Note 5 when I was high on SOMA and diazepam one day.

>muh light n thin
>put the thing in a fat case
>have to carry around a battery and cable because puny battery

>being a degenerate smoking fag
i bet you are an icuck

because it works just fine without one
I still can't figure out why so many people with smartphones put them in a case. I get it if you have a rugged lifestyle and a really expensive phone, or special purpose cases like diving cases or battery cases. but for most people why even bother. you don't put any of your other expensive shit in a protective case just because

If I had a hot wife I wouldn't make her wear a burka.

It really is built like a brick shithouse. Mine has survived both my wife and myself using it. Just today put it to pasture and it's still almost pristine.

If you buy the right phone, why would you need one?

>putting your smartphone in a case
Bet you also put it in your pocket

>why do people buy phones that aren't designed to actually exist?

Rugged phone patrican master class reporting in.

I've never dropped my phone.

never have, never will, never cracked

Note 3 here. I only use a case when I have to put my phone in my jersey pockets and don't want to get it wet with sweat or rain. Shit is indestructible.

I dropped mine in a zerolemon battery case from 7 feet to concrete.
It hit fucking HARD, the thing Weighs like 1.3 pounds.
It lived

I can't find a case that fits my Redmi Note 4

Because I'm not a manchild that throws my fucking phone. Grow up you iPhone faggots.

cause im not a klutz

honestly dont understand how so many retards I see have cracked screens

3GS is the pinnacle of smartphones

Because it's cumbersome and not needed if you aren't a butterfingers? Can't slide the side of my thumb on the edge of the screen with any case, which makes every case shit to me.

I've had the S5 for over two years now, screen is still in perfect condition and as far as I can tell with a quick look the rest of the phone is too. I've dropped it maybe 3 or 4 times total, all from

Because that's not a smartphone you baka.

I throw my phone.
Onto the ball of blankets on my bed from the doorway as I pass it on the way to the bathroom as I'm getting ready for bed. It's still pristine. You just have to not be a retard with it, and your phone will last.

Does this count as a case?

I see it more of a scratch protector.

This so much. I keep dropping mine and the only damage it took so far is negligible. Such a good phone. Should use a glass protector for the screen though. I'm sure otherwise my screen would have cracks by now.

I'm using chinkphone for which I paid $170. In my entire life I never managed to destroy my phone, but on the off-chance that it will happen I don't give a fuck. I will buy second one and call it a day.

I don't have a case in the traditional sense. I use a pouch so it doesn't get scuffed going out of pockets or bags, but it's generally "naked" when I'm using it.

Except I always use a screen protector. Those are not memes in the least. My phone is immaculate

My Galaxy S2 is old as fuck and still pristine. Stop fucking breaking your phones kids.

Yeah, why?

I also put a TV controller into the plastic bag and cover my couch with a cape.

muh aesthetics

i can sell you the case for $500 no problem

good goy

im surprised you found the phone then

Because if you drop the $600/700 piece of electronics then the $20 piece of plastic will prevent the $600/700 piece of electronics plummeting in value to £20.

because I don't think they exist

I just have an extremely cheap phone. Even if it did break, it just means that I escaped the botnet.

My phone is 4 years old. I need a reason to get a new one.

I smashed my screen and handed it into a repair shop. Can the dude access my stuff? I didnt give my passcode when he asked for it

>pay high price for elegant phone design with premium materials
>pay more for the pleasure of using plastic some chink CADed in a week
wow I wonder why

also I've dropped my phone (nexus 6p, so pretty shit durability in the first palce) at least 10 times and there's only a couple scuffs on the corners, if you break a phone as bad as pic related you don't deserve to have a well made device.

>pay almost $1000 for a high-end phone with a high-end design
>covert it with a shitty Chinese case

I do this all the time and I don't smoke, am I autistic?

Also never got more than a scratch from it so meh

Because I don't drop my phones.

Depends on the phone/SoC/OS version.

Because i was a retard 2 times

because i have butterfingers and this case saved my ass several times. Like twice a month

>buy a car
>several times more expensive than phone
>under a lot more risk during daily usage
>dont wrap it in protective case

>buy a phone
>basically undamagable if youre not retarded
>wrap it in protective case anyway

this is true except cars dont fall apart by tiny bumps