I'd like to make an online game in the style of the early pokemon games using javascript

I'd like to make an online game in the style of the early pokemon games using javascript.
Do you know any good books or websites that could teach me how to do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PfSwUOBL1YQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KoWqdEACyLI
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAwxTw4SYaPlUUkh6txMRXE-w-6N1Z225
vocaroo.com/i/s1ESEJsAc3Rs
phaser.io/tutorials/making-your-first-phaser-game
graalonline.com/
gafferongames.com/game-physics/fix-your-timestep/
gamasutra.com/blogs/MichaelKissner/20151027/257369/Writing_a_Game_Engine_from_Scratch__Part_1_Messaging.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

learn lisp
write your own lisp
then, with your own lisp, write your game

your welcome

kill yourself

Agree, KYS, but take
with you

Well, pokemon was programmed with python, so just learn python and use the built in pokemon functions.

the guys at would know

First ones were programmed in assembler

uhh.... no?

My fucking sides

Srry

Javascript is the enemy of your freedom.

Read a law book first so Nintendo won't be able to sue you pajeet

youtube.com/watch?v=PfSwUOBL1YQ

youtube.com/watch?v=KoWqdEACyLI

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAwxTw4SYaPlUUkh6txMRXE-w-6N1Z225

Plenty of tutorials m8

>pokemon was programmed with python
vocaroo.com/i/s1ESEJsAc3Rs

>Read a law book first so Nintendo won't be able to sue you pajeet
There's no way Nintendo could sue me over my plok-e-man game. It's completely different.

Along with the fundamentals of JS, you could learn how to use Phaser JS (framework), which is pretty nice and has a nice intro/boilerplate to get started.
phaser.io/tutorials/making-your-first-phaser-game

The best language for that would be C#, it's the fastest language for games by far (up to 400x faster than Java Script), you can write complete 3D games in less than 2 days, 2D games? 30 minutes max.

The C# compiler is also very fast, it compiles while you're coding (in real time), so the moment you stop typing it runs your app.

If you want to start making games, learn C#, watch Youtube tutorials, make your own Hello World app, and then make your own game.

Because of C#, now I'm one of the top programmers. I wrote more than 1250 3D games, 30000 2D games and 900000 1D apps. Rockstar wanted me so bad last year they offered me $40000/day to run the GTA VI development team, I refused because I don't want my talent obfuscated by a Brand or a big name. What matters is you, and only you! Never give up your dream! Make your online game in C#!

Thanks me later

Someone already made an MMO clone version of Zelda link to the past. I remember playing it in around 99 or 2000. It appears to still be around, but they probably modified the assets over the years to make it look less like Zelda.

1/10 because I felt the urge to tell you, that you're trying way too hard

graalonline.com/
there you go anons

not op but;
I'm actually considering learning either HTML5 or javascript or something else to make my childhood dream game.

And I would like to write scripts for use in human sciences studies so it'd have to be simple to learn for not-stem oriented person.

What would Sup Forums recommend besides python, keeping in mind it's just a side hobby and IT is exactly opposite of my main field of interest?

Just make it in unity and use the web player

you do realize pokemon was designed to run on a 28 year old console, with a 4MHz 8bit cpu, right?
it wasn't likely to have been written in anything other than assembly, or at most C with a bunch of assembly components

It wasn't c. It was a modified 6500 chipset found in the nes/snes. Game boy advance was the 6800 found in genesis and old macs

wat
C is a language, not a CPU

also, the gba uses an arm cpu for gba games, not a 68k

You need:

>A game engine

Which Javascript is not, so you either need to build one, or find one. To build one you need, in order of importance for pokemon:

>A game loop
>Object management (aka you can add, delete, load, and unload game objects and can call an update function on all of them)

>A game loop that implements the above behavior's update system in code
>A room manager to handle entry and exit of building
>A map design tool (its entire own bulleted list someone else can make) because let's be honest, you aren't going to hand-keyin every single tile in Pokemon as series of giant ascii arrays
>All the the Pokemon battle logic code, capable of simulating a battle based on simulated input
>A rendering implementation to draw To the screen
>All of Pokemon's sprites and art and animation added and rendered
>Some way of formatting and storing the game's state so players can save in your big game
>Add sound and music implementations

This is a big undertaking, so google around for engines that will do most of the work above for you, so you can male the game instead.

If you ignore my advice, architecture correctly: read gafferongames.com/game-physics/fix-your-timestep/ for the game loop and if you want to go balls deep you can work alongside gamasutra.com/blogs/MichaelKissner/20151027/257369/Writing_a_Game_Engine_from_Scratch__Part_1_Messaging.php

Chipset are done in assembly. C was too high level but some say C was partially used during psx era but still very low level. Wasn't until ps2/dreamcast that C could be handled. Shitty thing about C is that for video games you have to change the entire state of the game for simple things. A gen later C was completely rendered obsolete since they were high enough to do oop in c++ and Microsoft had xna which was the start of c#

Pajeets from /dpt/ don't know about that, they like C and Haskell.