/pcbg/ PC Building General

>Assemble your parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC, select components & more (kind of outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Build_a_PC

If you want help:
>State the budget for your build (and country if not the USA).
>List games/software you use often, as well as your monitor resolution + refresh rate.
>Clarify your goal for build improvements: lower price or improved specs?

CPUs:
>G4600 - Budget builds (R5 1400 - if you can't afford better or specifically need 8 threads but not a very powerful CPU
>R5 1500x - Buy the 1600 instead
>R5 1600 - Best value for higher fps gaming / mixed usage; Get a 1600x if you don't OC
>R7/Xeon/Threadripper - Compute/Multitask/mixed use; Not required for just gaming.

GPUs:
>Integrated CPU Graphics - Desktop stuff and very light games
>RX 560 and GTX 1050Ti - Lower end budget cards, drop settings on newer games
>RX570 - 1080p@60hz at high, running most maxed older games at 144+hz.
>RX580 and GTX1060 6GB - 1080p@60hz maxed, 1440p@60hz at lower settings; Go for the RX580 if you can.
>GTX 1070 - 1080p@144hz /1440p@60hz at high
>GTX 1080 - 1080p@144hz / 1440p@60hz maxed, 4k@60hz in a few games; Probably the highest end card you need for 1080p/1440p.
>GTX 1080 Ti - 1440p@144 hz and 4k@60hz maxed/high in many games; You're kind of going overboard with this one.
>AMD GPUs are suffering a lack of stock and Nvidia a rise in price thanks to miners

RAM:
>Check your Mobo QVL before buying any RAM
>Ryzen benefits from high speed RAM

General:
>ALWAYS LOOK AT PRODUCT REVIEWS!
>Always consider an SSD. Try buying a large SSD for what you'd pay for your SSD+HDD combined, and add a HDD later
>NVMe SSDs aren't for a faster OS boot, they're for productivity/scratch disk/VMs. NVMe and M.2 are not the same thing, M.2 is a form factor.
>The Ryzen lineup comes with exceptionally good stock coolers. (with the exception of the 1600X) consider using them over any sub 35USD cooler.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/user/Liamc117/saved/8CtGXL
nowinstock.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=m8F0d77pajE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

T E C H

REMINDER i7 7700k is still the BEST SOLUTION for a PURE GAMING platform.

Especially @ 144hz

REMINDER THAT THIS IS CORRECT, IF YOU WISH O STREAM USE A RYZEN R7 CPU OR FOR MORE THAN A GAMING PC USE RYZEN

and nothing else.

>op pic
top tech Kek

>Can someone tell me what MOBO and what ram freq to get for a ryzen 1600???
Something not made by MSI and then look at the memory QVL for the non-MSI MOBO you do pick.

>only gaming
there are people who do this?

> ones on the right don't thread case
Help

How does this build look. Any idea when the GTX will be restocked?

pcpartpicker.com/user/Liamc117/saved/8CtGXL

Any ideas for a more affordable monitor?
thanks.

Er, left, managed to take it upside down. Perfect.

The ones on the left are flat-top, black, and flat-bottom. They don't fit my case.

The ones on the right are
>silver, long, flat bottom round top;
came as bolts for the stock cooler receptor fixture, exactly 4 of them
>round top, black, pointed bottom
>yellow risers, only two of them
>the CPU slot cover screws (two unmounted to make room for GPU) flat bottom, extra wide top
Which ones do I go with for fixing motherboard to the case?

Solid build, go for it

yea thank you. Think ill go for the Asrock AB350M

As far as ram this is on sale:
memory D4 3000 16GB C16 GSkill Aegis K2 [F4-3000C16D-16GISB]

is it ok? it's 110€ atm

Looks good.
nowinstock.net/
use this site. They will send you email alerts when the item you want is restocked. With graphics cards these days, there's a 10 minute window at the moment because miners before they're sold out again.

why have bitcoin miners grown so suddenly?

it's not bitcoin. It's a different cryptocurrency called etherium. It's been going up in value and it's resistant to the asics cards meant for mining, so GPU mining is still more efficient.

p-pls respond
Do I have to worry about some screws fucking the board or being too conductive? Or just 'use whatever will work' ? inb4 woodscrews

I posted this in the last thread and you guys told me to post a picture of my setup

Hi guys, I need your HELP.

Got me a new desktop since my last one was 9 years old.
Bought this:

>casing:
Corsair - Carbide 270R
>CPU:
Intel Core i5-7600K
>MB:
MSI Z170A PC MATE, Intel Z170
>RAM:
16GB DDR4-2400 Corsair Vengeance
>hard drive 1:
240GB SanDisk Plus
>hard drive 2:
1TB Seagate BarraCuda
>power adapter:
550W Corsair Vengeance Series
>CPU-cooler:
be quiet! Pure Rock Slim

Paid 1200 bucks for it.

Everything runs nice and smooth, performance is very good BUT there is one fucking problem.

Something rattles in there. It is not one of the 4 build in fans (GPU, CPU, 1 front, 1 back) I stopped everyone of them manually and the rattling was still there. This drives me insane. What could it be?

Also pic related blinks all the time even if I do not use the PC and no program is being executed

Hard Drive
Cpu Cooler
Casing

Did you open it up and figure out where the rattling noise is coming from?

Here is the picture.

It is definetely NOT one of the fans. Again I stopped them one by one manually and the sound is still there.
It is also not the power adapter in my opinion which pretty much only leaves the hard disks as suspects. Doesn't it? Right now the PC is calm and quiet, most sound is still generalted by the disks

samefag

Is semen really that effective?

>$1200
>for a i5 build

nice try parjeet

Open the other side instead of this one. You need to be able to put your ears to the drive cage and PSU.

more effective then whatever the fuck intel uses as TIM

this, lol and he only has a 1060. where tf did all your money go? I built a system with 1080 ti and 7700k for $1800.

Show us the other side

i too can use ms paint

>$1800
>QUAD CORE

Should I build a PC now or wait for the new MOBOs for threadripper/i9 generation CPUs?

I was thinking to wait for the new boards and settle for some 6 core CPU and then be able to replace it with a top of the line 16 core one when the years have passed and they've become cheap. So this way I'd be set for a long time.

Good idea or not?

b350 mobos are like 80$ so idk if your strategy will payoff.
a X299 is gonna be like 300$, also u're assuming AM4 will top out @ 8 cores for some reason

>more ryzen shills
get lost kiddo

should it ever come back in stock, is a single fan on an RX570 enough to keep it within decent temps? the Sapphire Pulse ITX or something like that

Just looked up how much each of the parts cost. I paid 120 bucks more but got an assembly, free shipping and 3 years guarantee for it. In my book thats ok.

Just wait for Vega.

nigger everything i got was free shipping and has warranty. You do know you have to ship the entire thing back whenever something breaks right? you know how much is costs to ship an entire tower? minimum is at least $50. pre builts are fucking retarded.

INTELBRO HUGBOX GENERAL

Leak vega specs show it to be weak as shit

there are people who program instead of paying people to program for them so... yes

I'm too poor. it's like $170 on a good day. not spending $400 on a GPU

>i9
fuck no

1. I live in Europe everything is more expensive here
2. except shipping
3. I just wanted to not care about shit, plug and play.

>OMG SOMEONE DOESNT LIKE SOMETHING I LIKE LET ME SHILL AND GET ANGRY AT HIM FOR NOT FOLLOWING WHAT I FOLLOW

gtfo trump supporter. fucking shill fuck.

He gotta keep his job since he can't shill vega given that vega is fucking shit

I admit I was kind of looking at x299, despite Intel's recent influx of insanity.

[spoiler]I don't OC[/spoiler]

Just get a Ryzen 7 1700

btw where is the SSD supposed to be lol

>I admit I was kind of looking at x299, despite Intel's recent influx of insanity.
Right, x399 (TR's) are gonna be slightly cheaper maybe, but still 80$ is nothing for your motherboard, so playing the waiting game makes little sense.

You could invest the difference on a 1700 and then just see what's up in 2-3 years

whew lads
New mobo
Still not getting to bios but will now turn itself off with the power button as well as turn on
progressssss

I dont see an ssd in there buddy. lol

>[spoiler]
back to Sup Forums faggot

Don't look like you have an SSD senpai. Or is it a PCI-E one under your GPU. I can't see clearly. Anyway with the casing open, have you figured out where the noise is coming from?

>gtfo trump supporter
guess who is L O W E N E R G Y in this image

THIS FUCKING DUDE SPENT $1200 AND DIDN'T EVEN GET AN SSD

>1060
>i5
>no ssd
AHAHAHHAHA

>1200$
>4c/4t cpu
>no ssd

he said he has a 240GB Sandisk Plus. Maybe he shoved the 2.5" drive somewhere it shouldn't be

kek there is one since I already installed game on it. must be under the GPU.

Yes it is the barracuda hard disk. It has a steady buzzing/humming.

holy damn dude, do you have nothing better to do with your life? I literally built the PC for just gaming, I don't do stupid video editing, streaming or any other weeb stupid shit. I do school work and gaming, so please tell me why a ryzen cpu would be a better choice when 7700k perform better overall in gaming? also I did look at getting a 1600x, non of the mbs that were worthwhile had wireless and that was another $40 to add to the pc. intel is just easier to stick with.

>Yes it is the barracuda hard disk
tha'ts not a ssd

STOOOOOOPPPPPPP

>Yes it is the barracuda hard disk. It has a steady buzzing/humming.
Well. Then your HDD might be fucked. Go google and download crystaldiskinfo. Post a screenshot for us to see. It will also tell us if you actually have an SSD or you just got bamboolzed.

take another pic of under the gpu/around us

>holy damn dude, do you have nothing better to do with your life? I literally built the PC for just gaming, I don't do stupid video editing, streaming or any other weeb stupid shit. I do school work and gaming, so please tell me why a ryzen cpu would be a better choice when 7700k perform better overall in gaming? also I did look at getting a 1600x, non of the mbs that were worthwhile had wireless and that was another $40 to add to the pc. intel is just easier to stick with.

Wait, check that. It's turning itself on and then turning itself off. At random, ~10 period. But it will respond to holding of the power button and turn off and stay off.

I also think I have some very quiet sounds from the mobo on bootup. Which is better than my kill last one.

dude bought a pre-built, he literally has to send the entire thing back in just to get his hdd replaced/fixed

No but it is where the noise is comming from

gimme a sec

did you use that starbucks card yet?

>>kek there is one since I already installed game on it. must be under the GPU.
Sandisk plus is NOT a PCI-E SSD. Take a clear picture of both sides for us again. Straight on viewing angles. You might have been scammed.

>both xbox and playstation has amd products
no thanks I'll avoid that crap tastic bs. I rather have a $10 starbucks card

>dude bought a pre-built
MY SIDES ARE IN FUCKING ORBIT AHAHAHAHA

i cant fucking wait to see that he doesnt even have an ssd, someone needs to screencap all his posts once he finds out he got scammed

Alright. Just do the crystaldiskinfo thing and report back.

There she is.

But anyway, since you have both noise coming from the HDD along with the blinking light problem, I'd say there's definitely something wrong with it.

>better send the entire tower back to get your hdd fixed

fuck prebuilts man

Can't you just send back the HDD?

What does the blinking light even mean? Doesn't it just symbold that the disk is accessed ?

Thinking about buying another SSD for this build 250 gb is not much

its not mine, but from what I know most pre-builts have warranty sticks over the side panel not letting you open it up.

Dude it could be that I am just picky

I did, what now?

Doesn't look like a pre-built to me. More like I ordered it from somewhere and ask them to put it together for me kinda thing. My local brick and mortar store has such a service if you purchase an entire build from them.

No, warranty is for each and every part. That warranty stick shit ended in about 2010

REAL THREAD FOR REAL INTELBROS
no amdrones allowed

>What now?
Post the screenshot?

This is what I did.

That's the wrong drive, m8.

Yeah I am retarded, all the talk about my "missing" SSD lol

Lol how the fuck is this even possible? I dropped almost $400 less and came out with a 1600, 1050Ti, and a 500GB SSD.

Both drives are good it seems.
Could be a header issue or just a noisy drive. A quick search on google shows that there are plenty of people complaining about 7200 RPM drives being noisy as fuck.

Right now your options are:
1. Call the place you bought the items and ask what are the return policies and see if you can exchange for a new drive
2. Call Seagate and request an RMA. Since it passed SMART, you need to show them something to prove there is an issue. I suggest taking a video with the rattling noise in it and start a ticket with their QA.
3. Live with it

no he means it's SATA and not PciE, are u sure u paid for a PciE one?

"no"

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out spaces, worn out places
Bright and early for the daily races
Goin' no where, goin' no where
And their tears are fillin' up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow
And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dyin' are the best I ever had
I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
When people run in circles it's a very, very
Mad world, mad world

bruh, this guy is a fucking moron. He probably doesn't even know what m.2 is.

Article said
>240GB SanDisk Plus that what I got and what I paid for

I ordered from a well known company that suggests builds but you can also have them assemble your own.

Problem is the rattling comes and goes, I don't see a pattern here. When playing Rising Storm Vietman 2 on Ultra settings the system is the the most quiet.

I think I will live with it or buy a new one for 70 bucks later this year. We will see.

It starts with one thing
I don't know why
It doesn't even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind
I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
All I know
Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away

It's so unreal
Didn't look out below
Watch the time go right out the window
Trying to hold on, but you didn't even know
Wasted it all just to watch you go
I kept everything inside
And even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me
Will eventually be a memory of a time when

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

One thing, I don't know why
It doesn't even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind
I designed this rhyme
To remind myself of a time when
I tried so hard
In spite of the way you were mocking me
Acting like I was part of your property
Remembering all the times you fought with me
I'm surprised it got so
Things aren't the way they were before
You wouldn't even recognize me anymore
Not that you knew me back then
But it all comes back to me in the end
You kept everything inside
And even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time when

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There's only one thing you should know
I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There's only one thing you should know

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

singalong intel edition: youtube.com/watch?v=m8F0d77pajE

>Problem is the rattling comes and goes
Then it is most likely a problem with the motor parts of the drive. Eh I won't keep very important stuff on that drive if I were you. HDD with such issues tend to fail with no warning. But if you are going to keep it, making sure to monitor it with CrystalDiskInfo at least once every week and the moment, you see it turn yellow, backup everything into another drive and then just keep using it till it breaks.