Press "F" to fire Raja

Press "F" to fire Raja

Every single product he's been managing at AMD has been a total flop. RTG is a massive drain on the rest of the company.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LhK2gf_VCTg
inspirobot.me
twitter.com/AnonBabble

F...uck off.

480 and 580 are great budget cards. Not sure why was the Vega so delayed, even now we see that FE was launched too early, with abnormal power consumption and shitty performance.
Goddamnit, they did well with Ryzen, can't they do well with Vega?

What's the most obvious difference between Jim Keller and Raja?

Poo in loos totally btfo the fuck out.

Keller poos in the loo, raja probably doesn't.

JIM KIKERIPPER

Hee poos in the street and makes more money than the past ten generations of your family have made collectively. When your race or ethnic background is all you have to pride yourself with, shows how little you have that's useful to the world.

Wait for Drivers(tm).

>480s and 580s flying off the shelves
>total flop
... ok.

Don't spoil the narrative, asshole. AMD are literally finished and literally bankrupt.

G

Fire him? I want to praise based Raja. Dude is literally making AMD relevant again.

Miners saved RTG. But they might not save Raja.

BASED RAJA. whenever he comes to my local street to poo the school children throw flowers in jubilee.

How?

Based raja got his graphics cards in every next gen console. He prints money

>Runs every console
>Runs every Mac
>flop

>Practically has to give his shit away for next to nothing for companies to even look at his trash

Not a flop!

Can somone explain the Raja hate? I mean, the RX series was a huge success and so are the Ryzen CPU series, what am I missing?

Get out, Danilo.
**Hire me, please.**

OY VEY

Shitposting and shareholders. BTW Raja didn't even work on Polaris and Vega. Navi gonna be his first.

Raja has worked at AMD for 4 years now. So saying that he had nothing to do with vega is wrong.

>1600mhz 64CU Vega FE only 15%~ faster than 1050mhz~ 64CU FuryX
Nah, its some driver issue. IPC would have had to make major regressions for this to be the case.

Fuck off AMD employee. Raja was directly involved in both Polaris and Vega.

Vega FE literally runs modified Fiji driver.

amd has strong competition with nvidia, but didn't with the cpus.

nvidia, as much as they were willing to sit on their dicks in the past, aren't holding back, so when amd makes a gpu and it's either best for its price or great value people think it's his fault that they aren't just better then nvidia.

The problem is 2 fold.
1) nvidia doesn't use a hardware scheduler, which allows theirs to be more flexible but FAR higher overhead, when a game properly takes advantage of the hardware scheduler in amd cards, it boosts performance by 10-20%
2) when the scheduler is not used, amd cant do a whole hell of alot, while nvidia can force multithreading on the games, it may take a massive overhead hit, but lets be honest, if you aren't using the resources and a 20% hit is taken to each core, but without you would only be using 1core, with you are using 4 cores, you stand to gain far more then you loose.

its a very interesting issue both companies face.

They're just jealous of his ridiculous swag.

youtube.com/watch?v=LhK2gf_VCTg

He's just a natural alpha. I'm buying Vega and nobody can stop me.

the contract keller

consoles are a race to the bottom buisness, nvidia got back in on that race with the switch.

Rebrands of rebrands.
Three product launches that have been absolute shit shows.
Repeatedly over promises, and under delivers.
Talks about where performance of the cards will be, not where they are at.
Vega was announced a year ago after 1070/1080, and the performance is merely on par.

Raja Koduri is bad at his job as head of RTG, he needs to be squirreled away in a lab and out of the public eye so he can do the only thing he knows how to do competently,

yes and no, his hands likely used vega to test shit, make sure it will work for navi, much of vega was likely already in the bag before he got there and there is only so much you can change without full scrapping.

No they didn't. They rebranded a product they already had for years and sold it to nintendo.

The Switch is a shittier version of the Shield.

>AMD cards flying off shelves
>Ryzen shits on Intel CPUs at price points up to $400
>About to dominate the server cpu market with epyc.

Meanwhile at Intel
>Literal HOUSEFIRE on new release

It would have to be something like that, but it still is terrible for a company to launch a product when its 50% working.

yea, nvidia got back into the race.
they want to make a cpu/gpu combo but its real fucking hard to justify that cost when literally no one will use it without you paying them.

so they went for volume profits with nintendo.

Even my rabid Nintendo fanboy friends didn't buy a switch. It's the biggest fucking ripoff of consoles which are all inherently ripoffs.

So many excuses and appologies for Koduri being a failure.

I've been waiting for a while to buy a Vega card for my Ryzen 1700 rendering rig. I really hope it doesn't take half a year to sort this out.

>the RX series was a huge success and so are the Ryzen CPU series,
Do AMDrones honestly believe this?

They also only have ARM CPUs.

AMD is squandering it's biggest advantage. And part of that is because Raja can't design a GPU for shit

not excuses, just being on major projects for a company in the past, your amazing ideas don't get implemented on something that already exists because you could literally be in engineering hell for good if you let 1 improvement reset the project, the only way this happens in the real world is if you have a catastrophic fail and a fix needs to be made, otherwise key aspects of the projects are set in stone before the project get underway, whats left is getting those key aspects to work.

there is a good chance that navi was the first gpu set ar enough in the future to have no key aspects set in stone.

Ryzen is. RTG is being bailed out by Ethereum miners.

it throttles down to 1400-1500MHz, but I agree, 15-20% more performance for 40%-50% higher clock speed is a big regression in IPC
I really hope it's just that a bunch of features are disabled due to old drivers
I mean it did perform pretty good in cinebench opengl test (somehow). I think that was the only test where it beat titan x. I have no idea what's going on with that benchmark, but it clearly shows that there's potential in the card.

considering rx series is outsold everywhere, you can't deny that financially they are success.

on mobile, as in tablet shit, you aren't getting an x86 cpu and that's all amd had at the time nintendo was shopping around.

the next switch/mobile thing nintendo makes will have a good chance of being amd powered.

Raja Koduri is the President of RTG. He can make what ever he wants happen. Navi is going to be a die shrunk and modified Vega. That is all Raja.

Stop apologizing and making up fantasy that explain what "might" hace happened. This is what Raja wants. This is what Raja gets.

it beat tiitan X and Fury X in all sysbench by 100%, I don't see this regression you are talking about.

>He can make what ever he wants happen.
Is this how underage think companies inner structure works?

>Literally
>Literally
Fucking kill yourself.

>there is a good chance that navi was the first gpu set ar enough in the future to have no key aspects set in stone.
could be true, but consider this
iirc greenland appeared in the drivers before fiji release or shortly after, at the same time as ellesmere (polaris 10) and bafin (polaris 11)
so I think it's not a stretch to say that they were supposed to land in the similar time frame.
But Greenland was probably delayed. An extra year of development for who knows what.
Who knows how many revisions it actually went through and what role Raja actually played in it.
It could be that he wanted some changes made and delayed it and it possibly turned it into something that's late and underperforming.

>I don't see this regression you are talking about.
game benchmarks

Needs actual drivers for that apparently. Workstation-wise it's looking pretty good already.

yeah I don't see why vega would have literally no improvements over fiji other than clock, except for some random cases where it's super far ahead?

I think immature drivers are a more plausible scenario than "no meaningful progress in 2 years"

Is this what AMD paid shills expect people to be ignorant of?

wait for RX version and see if drivers will improve by then, as per usual with any new card, new adopters are fucked in the ass.

there is some Reddit posts floating around that say that Vega gaming mode is running on Fury drivers as of now, thus doesn't take advantage of all the new features.

Take this with grain of salt.

I'm taking this entire event with a boatload of salt

as far as I'm concerned vega isn't launched yet

Vega FE literally runs modified Fiji drivers. TBR and Primitive Shaders are disabled.

>has sold out every single card he's made
>total flops
Choose one

Millions of GPUs sold is an awful lot of FLOPS user

I'd like to housefire him

If it isn't running tile based rendering yet then that completely changes everything.

>total flops
so what is the total flops number?

before the mining explosion the 480s were selling at firesale prices. doubt they made much. the card companies and resellers did but not them.

>revisionist history
At least you are trying

That statement sounds like something AMD's marketing department would cook up.

B-but I love my 480
and my R5 1600

all those 480 selling for 220-240 where my imagination huh?

AMD marketing uses the same algorithm as inspirobot.

inspirobot.me

Bitch they were selling for $240 to $300 and everyone was complaining that they couldn't find 4GB cards anywhere for $200.
Get out of here with your shitposting.

That was their MSRP you retard.

they were selling fine (not stellar, just fine) even before the miner frenzy.

F

emasculate yourself

>1$k
>300W
>1070 performance

As a workstation card, it's worth the price. They used old drivers because they are more stable than the RX Vega gaming drivers which are probably still buggy as hell.

>slow performance
>worth the price

>Selling a card at the original listed price is a firesale

>no ECC
>workstation
also
>wait for drivers
This is hilarious considering they had 2 years and shit the bed even in 3d mark. Top quadro matches 1080ti in gaming so muh pro drivers isn't a valid excuse for its shit performance.

I was wrong about the prices

Workstation performance is on par with a Quadro twice it's price. >Top quadro matches 1080ti in gaming so muh pro drivers isn't a valid excuse for its shit performance.
It's a pretty bad excuse, but that's what they're going with. The gaming drivers just aren't stable enough yet. Also, the top Quadro costs something like $6000.

I'm sure you are gonna buy quadro card to play game

fuck wrong capture pic

>tfw RTG is a containment division to keep Raja from ruining all of AMD

The issue here is they had a FULL year and can't even match 1080 with bigger die, power draw and HBM2. This is so fucking bad no amount of drivers will get them close to 1080ti.

It's old drivers literally using none of the new features of Vega.

Vega is the result of them trying to reverse engineer Nvidia magic and failing miserably

You better fucking hope so.

1.7 woodscrews porkshoulders housefires fuck off Huang.

We'll see when RX Vega is released. If it's still the same shit, we can just assume Vega is a complete failure on every level.

Nvidia's magic comes from the drivers, not the hardware. AMD have fantastic hardware which is unfourtenately coded by literal monkeys.

The hardware's only issue is heat and power comsumption

> The hardware's only issue is heat and power comsumption
That's would not be an issues once the monkeys behind drivers will enable fucking tiled rasterizing.

>mfw the same amdtard doesn't even change his filenames

The card is rated at 300W, retard.

t. leather jacket man