/pcbg/ PC Building General

>Assemble your parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC, select components & more (kind of outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Build_a_PC

If you want help:
>State the budget for your build (and country if not the USA).
>List games/software you use often, as well as your monitor resolution + refresh rate.
>Clarify your goal for build improvements: lower price or improved specs?

CPUs:
>G4600 - Budget builds (R5 1400 - if you can't afford better or specifically need 8 threads but not a very powerful CPU
>R5 1500x - Buy the 1600 instead
>R5 1600 - Best value for higher fps gaming / mixed usage; Get a 1600x if you don't OC
>R7/Xeon/Threadripper - Compute/Multitask/mixed use; Not required for just gaming

GPUs:
Coin miners have driven price up and stock down, waiting to buy a GPU might be wiser
>Integrated CPU Graphics - Desktop stuff and very light games
>GTX 1050(Ti) - Lower end budget cards, drop settings on newer games, RX560 beaten by both
>RX570 - 1080p@60hz at high, running most maxed older games at 144+hz
>RX580 and GTX1060 6GB - 1080p@60hz maxed, 1440p@60hz at lower settings; Go for the R X580 if you can
>GTX 1070 - 1080p@130hz /1440p@60hz at high
>GTX 1080 - 1080p@144hz / 1440p@60hz maxed, 4k@60hz in a few games; Probably the highest end card you need for 1080p/1440p
>GTX 1080Ti - 1440p@144hz and 4k@60hz maxed/high in many games

RAM:
>Check your Mobo QVL before buying any RAM
>Ryzen benefits from high speed RAM

General:
ALWAYS LOOK AT PRODUCT REVIEWS!
Always consider an SSD. Try buying a large SSD for what you'd pay for your SSD+HDD combined, and add a HDD later
NVMe SSDs aren't for a faster OS boot, they're for productivity/scratch disk/VMs. NVMe and M.2 are not the same thing, M.2 is a form factor.
The Ryzen lineup comes with exceptionally good stock coolers. (with the exception of the 1600X) consider using them over any sub 35USD cooler.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/z8NHFd
pcpartpicker.com/products/internal-hard-drive/#t=0&sort=ppgb&page=1&X=5084,12745
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/t8QvGf
memtest86.com/download.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>outdated CPU-Z benchmark
>no i7-7700K at all
>still recommending the $500+ RX 580
It's getting SHILLy in here

You know where to go.

fuck off with your threadwars you homosexual

>Coin miners have driven price up and stock down, waiting to buy a GPU might be wiser
its like you didn't even read the op, brian

The guy's literally shilling his favourite brand and shitposting wojak picture whenever anyone attempt to discuss with him. If that's what you like then kindly fuck off to reddit or something.

calm down sweetie

>everyone who disagrees with me is one person
>muh 7700K housefire brand loyalty
>calls others shills

that's not even me, its just that no one likes your autistic bullshit with the 7700k, it was decided weeks ago to drop it from the fucking op but you keep on adding it and starting flamewars in threads that don't have it. enjoy the ban for that duplicate thread btw

Can anyone tell me how good my build is?

pcpartpicker.com/list/z8NHFd

lets see the retest on the new cpuz?

lets see you try that with a thicker rope

Not very well balanced. CPU is on the weak side. If you can you should go for the R5 1600. SSD is overpriced, get a PNY CS1311.
Rest looks reasonable, just be aware of the 1050Ti bottlenecking your system.

>Waaahhhhhhhhhh, stop disagreeing with me!

how is he going to get anything else the 1050ti is just about the only reasonable card that those faggot miners haven't bought by the truckload

True, just pointing out the weak spot. Now isn't the best time to buy gaymen PCs.

To those who are able to run their RAM at 3200mhz on an AM4 motherboard with the 1700x. What are your PC specs?

Every AM4 motherboard I've checked out there's issues with the BIOS unable to set the RAM at 3200mhz. Speaking of BIOs, did AMD fix this shit with any latest updates? If converting to Ryzen involes putting up with this shit then I may as well stick to Intel and the Z270 mothetboards.

Currently looking at the Asrock Taichi X370 and Trident Z 16GB 3200mhz RAM CL 14

Pretty much all ryzen systems can now with the new microcode update

The tiachi should be able to support that ram just be sure to have the latest bios.

>SSD is overpriced, get a PNY CS1311
pcpartpicker.com/products/internal-hard-drive/#t=0&sort=ppgb&page=1&X=5084,12745
It's almost like you're unaware of the current outrageous SSD prices.

Man, British prices are awful compared to US ones, basically dollars to pounds.

Just want something simple I can play newer games in 1080p at decent framerates on, and a bit of messing about with FL Studio.

The 1050ti is the only GPU worth buying right now unless you can't wait and are willing to overpay.

Prove me wrong.

Bollocks, forgot the link

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/t8QvGf

looks good

now get a job poorfag

wut font is that?

I'm an accountant kek, I just can't bring myself to spend too much when I don't think I'll ever have the need.

>I'm an accountant
oy vey

Reminder that there is an ongoing thread that isn't as worthless as this one, with 80 more posts and twice the poster count.

>go to thread
>read the first 30 or so posts
>endless shitposts
>close thread
yea ill stay here thanks

>with 80 more posts
Wow i wonder why, could it be nothing but useless shitposts and autism?

reminder both threads are equally worthless.
Quit arguing over which one is worse.

this one has 80 less shitposts though

Yeah maybe because your money isn't worth shit outside of the EU.

My work wants me to build up a PC for rendering instructional vidoes.

Was thinking of:
ryzen 1700
32bg ddr4
No idea what Motherboard is good
A Few 2tb hdds

Already have a case and 800w PS

>sweetie
In to the oven with you.

Not macroeconomically as much in recent years, but I had a few holidays in the States cheap as hell when £1 got you nearly $2 around 2008 or so. It's only like £1 to $1.40 now.

Asrock X370 Taichi
Asus x370 Prime is suppose to be good too.

Install latest updates for BIOs tho

The Crosshair is more in line with the Taichi. The Prime has the best VRM setup of any mid-range board though. It actually uses the same NexFETs as the Crosshair, making it the only other board to do so aside from the Taichi.

no need to get nasty sweetie

A shitpost is still a shitpost user.

Fuck off shit skin.

Crosshair is pretty expensive, but another good AM4 motherboard. I may consider getting it instead of the Taichi, already $2500 on my PC parts list

Sup Forums is a PC, lgbtqp+ friendly multicultural progressive pro Islam board user.
Please behave or (pic related)

This is not your street.

you aren't subtle faggot, go back to your containment thread

Find different street to desi/g/nate poojeet.

At least type different shit in the fucking thread today.

Dejavu the thread.

That's a muslim girl, we're hindu men

bump

Can we please make up our fucking mind about the 7700k.
I already bought it for my 144hz gaming build. This is the only situation where it makes sense. That was explained in the last thread. Why does every thread have a different stance on this?

Is the ASUS KGPE-D16 with 2 AMD Opteron's (from the 6200 series) + 16GB of ram still good for a highend fully free workstation in the current year? Side note what GPU's will work with only 100% free software?

>bulldozer
no, its shit stop being a autistic freetard

Is there a way yet to monitor ryzen CPU temperatures?

How can I check if my ram is fucked? I have shit power source. Computer froze and keeps going into boot loop. Last time this happened it was the ram. I'm pretty sure its the same now. Poopie

Step 1: Don't post sheeboons, this board isn't about bestiality.

She's not black

>this
>not black
You must be american, right Mr.

memtest86.com/download.htm

Reminder the non-shitpost thread is over there, ignore shitposters and tards that keep posting jewish pictures or such

Someone already recommended that. But my things in a boot loop. How do I even reach bios?

Must be a shrimp dick white boi who knows he just can't compete

This is a shitskin free board, go away.

How many sticks of RAM do you have? Try removing all but one, then try that one in every socket. If that doesn't work, try a different single stick. Maybe try clearing the CMOS too. If none of that works, either your RAM's totally fucked or your motherboard/CPU is.

I only have one stick of ram.......

Try it in every slot and clear the CMOS.

If it doesn't work, then you know what time it is, user.

So I'm looking to build a new PC. Can somebody please explain to my why do you shill Ryzen so much when it falls behind 7600k in single-thread performance, which is seemingly what's important for most games?

Is it just that "moar cores is the future"? Also, is the lag behind in single core performance just not too important for older games since the GPU is the bigger bottleneck?

>i5

Enjoy your stutter, fagboi.

W-What time is it?

So Ryzen has higher lows and lower highs? Interesting. I feel like I'm buying into a meme, but I'm curious.

One thing though - I'm going to build a PC without a VGA now because crypto stuff. Intel has pretty decent on-board VGA cards that allow you to do some light gaming. What about AMD?

>negro superiority
TOPKEK

>Intel has pretty decent on-board VGA

Haha, good one! Intel's best desktop iGPU barely matches a $60 APU, despite having a far more powerful CPU to work with. Now consider that the 7600K/7700K's iGPU is much less powerful (only a tiny bump over the HD 530 shown there).

Current Ryzen chips don't have an iGPU. You can pick up a used card on eBay for $30 that'll grind a HD 630 into the dust though. Considering that you can save $100 on the motherboard with Ryzen, you have wiggle room for that.

Please that's my homeland... I live in constant fear. Please don't remind me of what's going on outside my walls

That's one game, do you have a source that shows Ryzen being better over multiple games, like 10-15? I really want to buy into the "8 cores" meme, but if most games just won't use those 8 cores and if Ryzen's worse single-core performance will fuck me over, getting Ryzen would be a stupid decision, right?

hey guys, can I do a dual monitor setup with one monitor connected with HDMI and the other one with DVI?

Yes

Most sites don't even bother to record 1% and 0.1% lows, so i5 st-st-stutter goes unreported.

And Ryzen's single thread performance is absolutely fine. Unless you only plan to play ARMA 3 or Cemu, there's literally no reason to buy an i5 in current year. Even Intelfriends have given up shilling them and now huddle around a 5GHz 7700K for warmth.

thank you!

need some quiet 120mm case fans, not doing OC or anything so don't really care about perfomance

OK so explain to me one thing quickly about 144Hz monitors - does having one means games that are under 144 FPS will look worse than they would on a 60Hz monitor? Are drops from like 100 to 80 FPS noticeable on those, considering I don't usually have a good eye for that kind of stuff?

New build, first time in a long time. Light desktop duties for a couple years then hopefully upgrade into gaming rig.

G4600 (upgrade to coffee lake when pricing good)
Asus z270-A (should house future components, usb 3.1 gen two is a must)
Whatever 1x8 ddr4 2400 RAM (go up to 2x8 shortly after, 4x8 after that)
EVO 850 ssd 250 gb (will later add RAID 10 hdd for media files, go external for now)
Seasonic g 550 psu
Onboard gpu (get a GPU with upgraded CPU)
DIYPC silence window case

no, it will either look the same or better than a 60hz. I have a 144hZ but can't tell the difference past 60 most of the time, with the possible exception of twitch/reflexive competitive shooters, but it's on the margins of perception

I'm having the same issue

fuck my ups and my shit tier 3rd world country

Good. I mean, if I'm going to play a twitch FPS it's probably going to be CS:GO and that thing isn't too hard to get over a hundred FPS, well most of the time anyway.

It's nice to have a display with a long potential life.

wait so does r1700x come with a cooler or not, I know r1600 does and r1600x doesn't but I heard r1700x does

South Africa? I'm purchasing a ups soon. Just to be sure my shits protected. How's that ups treating you? You got any advice for me? Good news though my I reset my bios cmo and relocated my ram and everything is up an running now

no, it doesn't come with a cooler

Is it worth upgrading from a 280x to a rx 580 if what I have is an i5 4460?

Friendly reminder that all miners should be hanged.

Atleast I hope the coins lose all its value.

CPU-Z removed a few digits of the score a few days after Ryzen came up and became less precise. I believe that they wanted to make the i5 not look so bad.

Yes.
If you're gaming, absolutely.

It does not. The only R7 with a cooler ATM is the 1700. Still, AMD announced that they'll roll out R7 1700X and 1800X with the Wraith Max cooler bundled in future SKUs. Hopefully soon.

Corsair makes some quiet ones for a decent price. Look for the "quiet edition" they have them in different colors and even LEDs if you're into that.

Future games will defenitely bw optimized for multiple cores/threads. So in the long run it will actually be better than low core count at slightly better single threaded performance.

Stop waging proxy wars and starting profiting on then makes good to your economy! Obama is a man of vision.

Okay, I can't fucking take it anymore. I hate laptops. I need a real computer that doesn't get hot as fuck, with a small screen and keyboard. I need a desktop. They're so much more comfortable. I'm down to just mobile devices now. I got a few hundred dollars for my laptop.
I'm thinking I'm going to order this.
Let me explain myself.
The 1060-3gb is good at $200, because the 560(i wanted freesync) is $50 less but only half as fast. I wish I could get a 570 but whatever.
I know I'm spending a bit more than i have to on the case but I really like it.
I'm giving up dual channel ram because maybe next month I'll have a $100 to spend on a 120gb ssd and another 8gb stick.
The power supply looks good to me.
The monitor is 75hz(fuck yeah) and 1080p for only $100. I think it's good.
I'm also buying a mechanical keyboard for $30 and a deathadder off ebay for $28.
Am i good to go? I just need a real fucking computer.