/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SL16ObGMghQ
youtube.com/watch?v=iNxK-NwSR5U
aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20170604122955&SearchText=Takstar PRO82
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What is the fifth best headphone ever made behind the HD600, HD580, HD598 and HD558?

Friendly reminder.

K712 or Philips X2?

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?

>it's the Snapheiser autist
Looks like the start of this thread will be filled with shitposting.

>Behind
Literally no headphones are behind the HD 600s. Bottom of the barrel, my dear anime poster.

Samefag

The one on the right just looks like my Takstar 2050

>Ear dildos
I can almost picture the type of autist who made this image.

A cat ear headband would be nice to have on my HD600.
Wrong. I'm the top one of these, btw.

>this kills the Sennheisers

>Ebay
Get ready to get scammed by even chinkier plastic :)

>Beyersremorse will never achieve this level of neutrality

What are the ones in the bottom row?
go away ffs

Lmao. I dare anyone to try that with their Sennheisers.

HD600 and ER4SR.

>Wrong. I'm the top one of these, btw.
I believe you, also you could probably get some cat ears 3D printed to fit in your headphones

>tfw listening to Ted Nugent on my HD600s while Beyerdynamic owners are busy receiving hearing loss from Madonna and Katy Perry reproduced with 10x the recommended treble

We all know how that will end.

>He thinks golden ears is a good target

Senpai, I hope you don't mind idol trash like me using HD600 to listen to seiyuu idols.
youtube.com/watch?v=SL16ObGMghQ

[SNAPPING INTENSIFIES]

I can't criticize weebs on a website for weebs, user.

Just gonna repost for posterity, looking at dealing with multiple input and output sources and what would be the best option

Ps sprout or teac ai-101

Why do they keep calling themselves "idol trash"

Did that user ever post his personal review of the Oppo PM3?

HD600 doesn't snap.

It's just a propaganda meme created by butthurt poorfags on /hpg/.

The absolute madman

Someone post the anti-DT880 one real quick

Friends don't let friends buy Beyerdynamics. The treble ear rape is real.
Also, youtube.com/watch?v=iNxK-NwSR5U is a practical solution for HD600/650 headband snapping, yet no equivalent solution for DT770/880/990 gimbal snapping exists.

Lmao. Every time mentions snapping, this shitty image pops up again. Is that supposed to be impressive? Post a new image, at least. Maybe even using your headphone ;)

Can this be a closed HD600 with a sub bass and better build quality?

>seconds later, they snapped
Rest in peace, your sacrifice will not be forgotten.

I love Beyerdynamics!

Decided to go for something different today in my "use shitty filter to hide how shitty my phone camera is" setup pic.

>This image again
Nice try though :^)

Kek. Did you spend all your budget on your headphones?

Not yet I haven't. Once I pick up that utopia or LCD-3 though.

I enjoy my new 770s.

Hope you like 'em.

Just bent my V-Moda Crossfade LPs FLAT (180) and they are fine.

would other distributors or whatever complain about the HD6XX and does Sennheiser have to give a shit about them (I guess if they're selling the HD600/650s)? Is it really that underpriced?

I have 2 HD6XXs coming, one for myself and another as a gift but I am still incredibly skeptical on its quality given the price. Can I still expect "$500" build quality?

Sennheiser build quality is the industry standard, the HD600, HD650 and HD6XX are all completely modular and every single part of them is available for replacement from Sennheiser. Don't fall for the anti-Sennheiser autist's shitposting.
>in b4 shill

Nope, lol. But it won't break on you immediately if that's what you're asking.

O my rubber Sennheiser

>and every single part of them is available for replacement from Sennheiser

Same applies to Beyerdynamic, yet you need not worry as the build quality of Beyerdynamic headphones are vastly superior than Sennheiser.

Do what the video in shows and the headband will never snap.

They aren't that bad, but they also could be better for the price. Their build quality is OK, i guess. Don't listen to "industry standard" is a hilarious overstatement.

>idoltrash
We just wanted a normal son...

Nice setup. That glare-happy laptop screen though... eww.

Hipster headphone?

yeah but it still sounds too good to be true, not that I am not happy of a bargain

Heck, if it really is that amazing of a deal, do I even bother buying other headphones right now? If they keep selling the HD6XX, all the other headphones (outside of "normie mainstream" ones) may have to drop down in price to be competitive which I imagine is also why headphones are cheaper now because the same thing happened with the K7XX.

Which one?

It's nice at night which is mostly when I'm using it.

>Heck, if it really is that amazing of a deal
It's not that terribly amazing of a deal. HD600 are better. HD650/HD6XX are dark sounding. It'd be an amazing deal if it was HD600 for the same price.

>Industry standard
He's shilling, user.

I think the HD650 sounds better. The treble is just smoother; you're not missing out on any detail. The HD6XX is a great deal if you don't mind the wait. Some people in certain countries are saving a lot more than ~$100 compared to buying an HD650 retail.

Worse soundstage and imaging, according to rtings's objective evaluation criteria.

It sorta sucks that mass drop has become a bargain bin for a bunch of smelly dumb third worlders instead of catering to an American audience.

>Budget
50-75 hard limit
>Location
us
>Source
laptop
>Type of headphone
over ear and iem's
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
mid-high comfort
>Sound signature
>Past headphones

I have some fucked up ears and always lose the silicone from IEMs/Earbuds in my ears. I recently got a Galaxy S7, and while the earbuds are shit, I love how they fit. Are there any non dogshit earbuds shaped like that?

>blindly trusting "measurements" with no reasoning or credibility behind them
Prove to me soundstage can be measured accurately.

etymotic mk5 or shp 9500

I've read that the dt 880 has highs that range from overly bright to actively piercing. Any truth to that?

>you're not missing out on any detail
Objective measurements show otherwise. Objective measurements show the HD650 to have several decibels less treble than the HD600.

That isn't really something that can be understood with measurements. You need to hear both for yourself instead.

That's why anyone other than Americans had to pay $15 for shipping.

aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20170604122955&SearchText=Takstar PRO82

sesh

Yesterday i got a pair of brand new sony mdr-1000x's for 100€. How'd i do /hpg/?

Yes. It's objectively true.

If you're used to something with rolled off treble like the HD 600/650 the DT 880 will sound quite lively and bright in the highs.

I listen to a lot of classical so I find the treble of the DT 880 reveals a lot of detail.

That's pretty good dude. Be sure to use FLAC files over Bluetooth so as to avoid double compression. You got yourself a viable BT setup there.

They sound like nails on a chalkboard.

I kinda don't feel like wearing my headphones tonight. I have some standard, typical, not particularly good PC speakers. Which port do I use on my fulla 2 to accommodate them? Variable preamp, or fixed DAC?

>nosedive upper midrange

Why do most headphones neglect the 3kHz region? It's the most sensitive region of our ears and a proper response here ensures that a headphone sounds realistic and clear.

>non-detachable cable
kek

There's no need to change perfection.

>actively piercing
this is an understatement

The really weird looking top ones that have a fucking hooked connection with weird driver housing.

sennheiser veil

Are good iems actually comfortable? I've always had my ears hurt after about 20min with earbuds, but they've all been sub-$15 shit (and not even the good chinkshit from /csg/, but actual trash).

>Why do most headphones neglect the 3kHz region? It's the most sensitive region of our ears and a proper response here ensures that a headphone sounds realistic and clear.
Because since it's the region that ear is most sensitive to it's the most fatiguing? Aeon actually follows harman curve quite well. I like upper midrange of HD600, it gives amazing clarity and forwardness to vocals. But it can be also very harsh/fatiguing on some songs and I never heard any speaker with such a prominent upper midrange/treble.

Harman curve is niggerbass dogshit.

HAHAHA i broke my pairs of these when I got mad at a video game, probably cuz im Italian and gay

Koss porta pro?

That's actually incredibly close to the target. I'm not a fan of the Harman bass but that can always be fixed with EQ, even the shitty 5 band one android comes with.

Shame they're so ugly.

Earbuds shaped like this that aren't complete dogshit? They can even be not great but just not utter trash is what I'm looking for

You've been hearing too much veilheisers

You say so because I can assume that you are mostly using headphones, and those usually have no sub bass with boosted higher frequencies compared to speakers because of room interactions, boundary gain, and just the fact that highs lose energy faster than lows. I myself as well use mostly headphones and most speakers sound too warm for me, lacking in female voice forwardness. Bad thing about that is that such level of highs damages our ears faster than most speakers, I have a small dip at 3-4k in my left ear for example. Besides music is mixed for speakers.

>but that can always be fixed with EQ, even the shitty 5 band one android comes with.
Tell me about EQ 5 dollars IEM to HD800 levels.

>You say so because I can assume that you are mostly using headphones, and those usually have no sub bass
Nah, I EQ all of my headphones to an ER-4S-like response with flat bass.

>This kills the HD600

How big would stereo speakers need to be to reproduce flat bass down to 20 Hz without a sub?

How are these for weeab purposes?
Is that a special edition?

Probably 8in woofer with a passive radiator

Which are headphones after all. Harman curve is based off speaker in a 'good' room, speakers in a room are bound to sound warmer due to boundary gain and will lose some energy in high frequencies. You may not like it, as well as any curve because they are all objective and don't take into the account our ears that can chance FR by few db, but that is not a niggerbass when speakers are mastering standard, altho pair of monitors on stand will sound less warm, niggua.