/wt/ Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required Viewings For Newbies:
youtu.be/_2J5phyd9J4

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gshock.com/watches/Others/GA110GB-1A
creationwatches.com/products/seiko-prospex-299/seiko-prospex-solar-divers-200m-sne437-sne437p1-sne437p-mens-watch-10420.html
chrono24.com/omega/mens-omega-rare-swiss-vintage-seamaster-automatic-marijuana-dial-watch-7180--id6443921.htm
citizenwatch.com/en-us/watches/watch-detail/?model=AV3006-09E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"it's a shitter"

Daily reminder: Don't fall for the Hamilton meme.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

because of the swiss made meme, ETA meme or some other reason?

Been thinking about getting this one.

they're swatch junk

A 38mm intramatic is fine. Has an (elabore) 2892-A2 in it.

Intra-matics look really nice in pictures, but they're 38mm or even fucking 42mm for a dress watch. Personally I would go for the smaller size on leather rather than the bracelet, the thing is it might look a little odd being such an old-school design but scaled up to the current trendy size. The gold plated one actually looks pretty good too, but I would be worried about the plating scratching off.

Actually, I just found these pictures on Hamilton's own website. Look at these fucking dinner plates.

maybe all those people just have small wrists?

Did this user make out okay with the new watch not being intercepted by /wt/ operatives?

rate my collection niggers

I knew nothing about watches and bought swatch body&soul.
I'm dumb, right?

a swatch is ok honestly. the quality reflects the price

That raketa should have a 24 not a 0

why do people unironically buy russian garbage?

>if its not a patek its shit

its called the big zero for a reason (the reason being that its supposed to have a 0)

I firmly believe this guy is satire.

>join the conversation

They have to justify the fact it's all they can afford.

>ignoring the watch worth 5 times the value next to it

Post your good watches next please

So $50 instead of $10? Wow.

Aye watch thread; everything I've ever worn has gotten chewed up by the metal and concrete monstrosity that is my UPS HUB. Now I need a watch for work; what do you suggest? I make a decent chunk of money, but nothing too extravagant.

Fall for the Hamilton meme.

I'm not familiar with watches, please don't do this to me.

oh wow an alpinist that's ultra high end

How much do you want to spend?

Unless there's legit problems like Omega's ability to self destruct get whatever you like aesthetically. You're the one who is going to look at the watch every day, not some random anons.

disproves the "all they can afford" meme though doesn't it? it takes time finding a good vintage chronograph, so that's the highest end i've got for now

What type of watch are you interested in, fampai?

Do you want a simple watch? Arabic numerals or roman numerals?

Do you want interesting complications such as a moonphase?

Buy a Seiko SNE437. You literally can't go wrong with it. It's durable as fuck, solar powered, and you can dress it up or down easily. Literally a grail-tier piece for a very affordable price. God bless Seiko.

$50-150. Though I need something that'll survived more than being reasonably priced.

DW5600

BM8180-03E

I'm a supervisor for UPS. I would like stopwatches; maybe something with multiple hourly alarms. I dislike digital timepieces. I wear Maroon/Khaki in the summer and Maroon/black slacks int he winter. I need it to survive a giant hub filled with metal, concrete, conveyors and fast moving irreg trains loaded with thousands of pounds of irregs.

This is what I need.

see
It's a bit above your price range but you'll never have to buy another watch. No need to replace batteries or service the movement either since it's solar.

skx009

>I would like stopwatches.
Sure!
>I dislike digital timepieces.
Well...
>multiple hourly alarms.

So... if you want a digital watch this is very easy.

But if you want a mechanical watch with these features its actually very expensive. Mechanical watches with alarms (chimes)... are there even low end options for such a thing?

You should qualify that with "new." Vintage ones are patrician-tier.

Quartz chronographs with alarms are pretty easy to find.

Let me rephrase this; I dislike digital when the main time is displayed as such. Other stuff, allright.

Also, is G-shock a meme?

>G-shock a meme?

G-shocks are great. And, given what you've explained in , it's probably your best bet.

There are quartz analog watches that have alarms. The 8m25 for example has two (alarm and countdown timer).

DW5600

>No need to replace batteries
rechargeable batteries used in solar watches do need replacement

>or service the movement
You would want to service it if you wanted to keep it a lifetime, but like all watches in that or lesser price range you generally would just wear it until it dies than buy a new one rather than servicing it.

That's what I'm currently browsing; their feature seem to be what I'm looking for, plus they all look pretty nice.

Related:

gshock.com/watches/Others/GA110GB-1A

What does the /wt/ crew think about Seiko Monsters?

now that they sell for double retail, not great desu. would probably own one otherwise. the design is extremely unique and polarising. only the 2nd gen though, the 7s26 is for poor people

Well, it was a sign. This is the ultimate summer watch

100% this.

>ugly as shit
>in shit condition
>patrician tier

Feel free to stop posting any time.

The Big 24 is a fun watch I don't see what the problem is.

any chink's making a g-shock clone or similar all weather watch? anything on /csg/ sites worthwhile?

>Anything on /csg/ worthwhile
Nice joke. I wouldn't trust any chinkshit to survive a handwashing, aren't actually G-shocks pretty cheap anyway?

I love how poorfags always post Explorers to prove they're not poor.

It's like cunts who always wore Burberry baseball caps.

Loving the red stripe on the windy knob, it's there so you can make sure it fully screwed in

15-20 years of perfect time keeping just by being exposed to light with 10 months of battery reserve in darkness.

and some people get excited about winding up a spring that will kind of keep time for a few hours!

Sorry, /wt/ hivemind. I just returned it and ordered a Grand Seiko instead.

I would rather have that nice 39$ casio diver, a gshock, some old seikos cheap from japan, a simple camping type ecodrive, a seiko 5

there are cheap watches that are not poorly made

>rechargeable batteries used in solar watches do need replacement
maybe in 20 years

>You would want to service it if you wanted to keep it a lifetime, but like all watches in that or lesser price range you generally would just wear it until it dies than buy a new one rather than servicing it.
you cold get it serviced and a new bat in a few decades for pretty cheap if you shop around

>a giant hub filled with metal, concrete, conveyors and fast moving irreg trains loaded with thousands of pounds of irregs
I used to be a loader/sorter. This brings back the memories

Casio

Gshocks are not exactly works of art but they are indestructible

>What does the /wt/ crew think about Seiko Monsters?
if I could swap out that bezel I would be in love

I want an SKX007 with a super oyster but I feel everyone already has one

I have never seen anyone wear one in real life, I think it's just internet people

I know like one guy with an SKX but no oyster bracelet. You'll be fine.

Thanks I'm going for it, I have been likeing them here for years and they seem to hold their value really well if for some reason I don't like it.

just classy enough to be good lucking, just plain enough nobody but a watchfag would ever notice it

A guy that works at my bank has one. I mentioned it one time and he didn't even know what it was.
>nice SKX
>"uh, what?"
>your watch. it's an SKX007
>"uh, it's a seeko"
>yea, it's cool
>"ok..."

I was actually there today and he had a smart watch on. WELP

>I was actually there today and he had a smart watch on. WELP

normies just want to know what time it is and how many steps they have taken, I am sure they have their own hobbies

I try to just compare it to me and cars. I could buy a pretty nice car, but as long as it runs and does not strand me ill drive anything that i can comfortably fit in

There is an old man in my town who used to be a rolex AD but now hes close to retirement. Lot's of people go to him to fix/service their Rolexes though.

I have lurked around there a bunch and told hem I don't have much money but I am dying for a stainless steel submariner (not picky about which one)

he said if I will come in and sweep and help out he will help me make a good looking franken watch out of all Rolex parts that only fanatic would notice was not parts correct by era

I start on monday wish me luck

this place legit?

creationwatches.com/products/seiko-prospex-299/seiko-prospex-solar-divers-200m-sne437-sne437p1-sne437p-mens-watch-10420.html

Yep. Also fast and good customer service

well fuck I'm going to go broke

>best color scheme for the pelagos
>Only for left handed people

Fuck.

fuck, that's actually really cool. good for you man

I kinda like this.

>aviation watch

>less than stellar legibility

lmao

Show me a better watch

Protip:[spoiler] You can't[/spoiler]

seamaster for 2100, should I get it?

Depend, which one?

300M Stainless Steel 41mm

Meh, i would go for the 36mm one, it's cheap as hell right now, about $1000+

how about this?

chrono24.com/omega/mens-omega-rare-swiss-vintage-seamaster-automatic-marijuana-dial-watch-7180--id6443921.htm

>Marijuana

>redial job

Absolutely haram. The rest of the watch seems in good condition though. Maybe you could find the correct dial for that ref and swap it out.

Is 80€ a good price for this favre leuba? Something looks a bit odd, has the dial been recoloured?

Poo in loo, not even once.

citizenwatch.com/en-us/watches/watch-detail/?model=AV3006-09E

Is that from some South American drug peddler?

You can buy those Favre-Leuba by 15 dollarilos to any poo in loo seller in ebay.

>it hurts to live please kill me.jpg

what do you guys think of pocket watches? It's the only type I own besides a digital that used to beep and I could never find in my room. I never wear it because it's a Godmother gift