Help/comment my build and help me pick gpu

Help/comment my build and help me pick gpu.

Main usage:
photoshop
shitposting

I am so out of hw its insane.
My current hw is an old fagbook that is outdated af.
Whats the difference between power supplies? Apart from wattage? Does 850watt consume "more"? Also, looking for more silent than powerful.

Case - ill grab something from local shop, dont wanna pay shipping. You can still suggest something. Seems like 300r and one another are two most popular choices.

Please check, that my components are latest release because i am not a frequent buyer/upgrader so this will stick with me for a long while.
Looking for Q1/Q2 release gpu, no chip manufacturer preference, if possible list cheapest option (and still does some photoshop job) and best bang4buck option, Sup Forumsuys.

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/bench/product/1861?vs=1826
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>sata ssd
>no ryzen
>no vega
nice

Teach me.
Vega is way too expensive for me. Id go $300eur for gpu.

Isnt m.2 and sata only difference in size and not so much in speed?

850 to 1000 W is reasonable if you actually get parts that consume that much power, or want to possibly upgrade one day. Silent can be either good fans with silent barrings or water cooling, depends on how retarded you are and if you ever clean shit.

I do clean shit, but am not up for water cooling. Sounds too much upkeep. Ill go with 650 for now, just because it was released later.

Bumping

>1.3k shitposting machine

>Isnt m.2 and sata only difference in size and not so much in speed?

Exact opposite. M.2 SSDs are available in all the same size as SATA ones but several times faster

>Hitachi Deskstar

I thought those were HGST now.

thinkpad

m.2 is a connector, it can use SATA or PCI-e bus or both, it depends on connector keys, an SSD and a motherboard.

>mindfactory.de

DON'T DO IT user. THEY HAVE TERRIBLE REFUND POLICY. SPEND 50 BUCKS MORE ON AMAZON SO YOU CAN EASILY RMA A BROKEN COMPONENT.

Ryzen 7 1700 can give you 8 cores for the same price but with slightly worse single-thread performance, though you need to OC it for that which is easily doable even using the stock cooler. The X370 chipset motherboards aren't really worth it so you could just get a B350 board for cheap. Unfortunately Ryzen has no iGPU so you'll need to buy a GPU that isn't being hoarded by cryptominers, which basically only leaves the low end (RX 560, 1050 Ti) for you.

I dont oc, dont plan to.
I just want a decent working system that i havent bought since 7 years now.
I did add rx560 to the build later on, apparently it does ok.

Thx for the warning, will look up for more vendors.

Tnx.

After browsing here some more, it seems to me its gonna be a real pain the butt to get used to win10 from osx.
Its been 10 years since i started services.msc and with the "botnet" and all other config ... Having second thoughts now. But for same imac money i get a mediocre machine, while component build gives me i7 and 32gb ram etc etc... but no 5k screen.

Are ebay el cheapo win10 keys legit? Or is it same shit as downloaded from tpb?

>Kaby Lake
Don't, Coffee lake is right about the corner and your brand new Z270 is going to be deprecated soon

>I dont oc, dont plan to.
Then don't buy Z270 motherboard, it gives nothing to you unless you overclock.

How do i go about finding most "vanilla" config? I added k version of cpu because its only a marginal diff in price.

Tell me more, when to expect?

Extra points for not falling for the AMD meme like the other retards here.

>better multi threaded performance and nearly equal single thread performance for less money is a meme
shoot me

Alternatively, if you don't care about OCing you could get the Ryzen 5 1600X 6 core that only costs $250 USD and has higher stock clocks (3.6 GHz all core and 4.0 GHz turbo) but you'll need to buy your own CPU cooler. It still beats the 7700k in multi-thread and is close in single-thread due to being capable of near max clock on turbo. I believe that getting an quad core i7 now won't bode well for the future so you should really think about it.

Here's a comparison of the two using Anandtech's bench.
anandtech.com/bench/product/1861?vs=1826