Try to type with all 10 fingers

>Try to type with all 10 fingers
>Slower than typing with 4 fingers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8SkdfdXWYaI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Takes some time for your muscle memory to change. I know it sucks typing slower, but it will be worth it. I used to type like 60wpm with just my left hand. Grew up and now I type up to 157wpm using both hands. I don't use proper homerow, but using every finger matters a lot

What? I have typed with both index fingers all my life

so long as you aren't an autist it should only take a few days to get to 60-80% of your original speed and maybe a week or two to reach back to where you were

full muscle memory will take months to develop which will slow you down in areas but in the long run you should make less typos due to (theoretically) less hand movement overall

either way qwerty is a shit layout but even then you probably won't improve your typing speed substantially no matter what you do

if you can type 70wpm, who cares how you do it?

im typing with 2 fingers

>he doesn't type with 2 fingersb

the absolute state of neo-Sup Forums

Hey lads sorry for off-topic but what the hell is going on with skype? People keep sending each other infected links with receiver's ID inside URL

KYS, being able to type fast is not a useful skill unless you're a copywriter monkey.

1. apt install gtypist, and do some lessons
2. Practice at typeracer
3. ???????
4. Profit

>.

>10 fingers

Being able to type without having to look at the keyboard is a very useful skill.

As expected from a videogame obsessed manchild lol

I type with like 7-ish.

When I was learning mechanography on a typewritter my pinky fingers sometimes stuck betwen the keys and now I only type with 8 fingers (without my pinkys).

K U R W A
U
R
W
A

I was joking.

>try to learn colemak
>now I'm just slow at both

Got so bored one time that I analyzed how I use my fingers on the keyboard.

Left hand: pinky is for shift only, although I use the ring finger for the other left side keys. Thumb is for space on a very small percentage as I mainly use my right thumb for space. Esc is used with the middle finger. Ring, middle and index are predominant from left to center of the keyboard.

Right hand: pinky is for enter (return) or shift, ring finger for the remainder of the right side nearby keys, thumb is the lord of the space manor and the other 4 fingers are used for any key from the middle to the right.

It confuses me how I use so much of the right pinky but rarely the left one, considering I play guitar a lot and use the left pinky constantly

>Buy ergodox
>Typing speed back to 25wpm
I did not expect this to happen.

>fall for ergonomic meme

I type 110WPM with my special retarded typing technique using anywhere between 5 and 8 fingers.

I exclusively use left shift and very rarely use more than 2 fingers on my right hand.

>2017
>Not using voice to text

>all these people typing with their fingers on asdfjkl; and their thumbs on the spacebar like good goys and i only ever type with my fingers on aetbnipSHIFT and my thumbs off the keyboard
Is there something wrong with me?

one of my co workers can type 84 wpm with some 2 fingers it's crazy

qwerty was made to prevent the typists from typing fast/hard enough to break the typewriter

This.
youtube.com/watch?v=8SkdfdXWYaI