ITT: gimmicks you actually liked

ITT: gimmicks you actually liked

>2017
>owning a phone
kill you're self

Fingerprint reader

The IR camera on my phone is pretty fun.

Do you honestly trust anyone with your fingerprint?

Not that I do but found it quite useful after years of ignoring it

S60?

why are you on this subreddit?

Touch screens

This TBQH.I'm about to get a thinkpad and disappear.

Flashlight feature was dope though.

also known as a reason for someone to chop your finger off, yes I'm paranoid

disappear like what user? are you gonna become bourne and shit?

>no more android updates
>cant root it
why did bullit cuck us

this image is very good where can i track down some more funny technology memes please respond!

CD-ROM caddies

Lurk more

Yeah, how's yours?

I had an update a few weeks ago. Next phone I get I'm looking if Cyaongenmod is available though. Or we could always try and adapt it so the S60 but I'm too much of retard to attempt that.

>Next phone I get I'm looking if Cyaongenmod is available though.
You are out of luck than. I doubt you can find a recent phone you can run CM on.

P-post your penis, please.

Also its pretty retarded that you can't turn the watermark off. I'd not buy it because of this.

>LineageOS
Shit, I really haven't kept up with the scene. Also no penis, most of my pictures are of my cat or stuff around me.

It really doesn't matter, unless it's to have fun with friends you don't use the IR camera so the watermark doesn't appear. And it's not a professional camera either so how much can you complain? It does the job.

It's doing pretty well, I'll have to superglue the gasket on the USB door back on, but that's about it. Kinda bummed there's no root for it but I'm getting by

>Kinda bummed there's no root for it but I'm getting by
Same, only downside about it. By the way, did you get the survey they sent two or three weeks ago?

I got the notification but I never got around to doing it. What did it ask?

>What did it ask?

Basic shit about where you bought it but also funny stuff. If you had the S60 it asked you what you used the IR cam for from a list, a few of the choices were finding animal carcasses, finding a man overboard at sea, identifying intruders, taking funny pictures with friends, stuff like that.

That's such a gimmick and I would probably wouldn't actually use it all that much but I really want it.

How's the screen? Relatively high res?

pop-out keyboards

Screen is 720p, I've never needed a super high resolution screen anyway, especially since they keep shrinking phone/battery size and phones are too small to enjoy big resolutions. Unless you really want to root your phone, the S60 is actually a pretty good phone.

Autist

>That's such a gimmick
>How's the screen? high res?
lmao

why are its eyes so hot?

all flir cameras will have the fucking watermark

why though

Thinklight.

Honestly, Its quite useful when you're in a dim room and you have more than just your keyboard to look at.

Like documents.

That a businessman would need to work on.

A feature for a... business laptop?

Makes me think honestly.

I also said I really want it. If the phone has decent specs other than that, I might consider getting it.

I have tried to figure out when this is useful.
The ceiling light is much better in every scenario and when is that not an option? On planes?

there's no insulation (fur) to keep the heat in there

but there's no fur on its nose either.

Eyes would need more constant blood (warmth) feeding while the nose doesn't, only the inner smell sensory organs.

it isn't heat, it's light

bb

C-can it be used for IR dickpics?

The e-ink of my yotaphone 2, it's pretty useful in my experience, use any app on direct sunlight is very nice, also read notifications at a glance, still not great to read books because of the screeen size but nice to have allways on meme wallpapers.
Probably gonna get the yotaphone 3.

my nokia n8 had an fm transmitter and you could play music through anything with fm

When I saw the IR pics I was also hoping for a Weiner shot