SIM-card

Is there a way to connect a SIM to your computer and send and recive text messages via your computer?

I am not looking for some webapage where i can send texts, i want to be able to use my own SIM.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/sms-from-shell
adafruit.com/product/3027
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ssh into your phone and send it that way.
Only a nigger wants to do what you asked

My Latitude E4300 has a SIM slot, so i think it can at least have mobile broadband or something

Isnt there a cheaper way than buying a new phone for each sim card?

Please explain how what op asked is nigger related, I'm really interested
I'm sure you have good reasons to say that

Or get a phone that supports dual SIM cards?

You need a SIM modem and then you can use software to do it, you can probably use putty to send the modem commands as well.

Source: the software I work on can send SMS messages, you can't afford it though.

I used gammu and wammu on Linux and a shitty modem like you pic back in the day.

Like others are saying though, probably easier to use an app on a phone.

>Sup Forums
>reasons for saying things
You have to go back.

I wouldn't want to use your proprietary garbage anyways.

Fucking memer.

But the pic is of a sim card reader.

There are multiple uses of being able to send texts via a computer. You could use it like a proxy to prevent people from knowing from who or where it was sent.

Also, can i just buy a cheap GSM modem from aliexpress and have it work?

I have one of these.

It has a web interface for configuration (like any router), which also lets you read messages.

I'm not 100% sure if it can also send out messages because I never had a need for it, but my guess is it can.

This and use AT command to script your modem
wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/sms-from-shell

It's called a 4G dongle, faggot.

You need game radio

Fuck Swype, GSM radio

Most mobile internet keys in Europe let you receive and send sms.

This thing should allow you to do what you want with a minimal amount of coding. If you don't know how to code or can't be bothered to learn then it won't work for you.

adafruit.com/product/3027

Fun fact: the only 2G network in Canada is disappearing as we speak. only big cities will stay connected until 2022 to satisfy roaming agreements.

That's some seriously outdated tech.

they do carry other models with newer tech, I just picked one at random

Yes. Use a GSM modem and use minicom on Linux. I'm sure there are tools for Windows as well. You have to write AT messages in plaintext and send it out that way.