What's your favorite monospace font?

What's your favorite monospace font?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/belluzj/fantasque-sans
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It always feels weird how the horizontal bar for the 't' and the 'f' isn't at the same height in Consolas.

>favorite
Don't really have any. If it's readable I just stick with the default

Courier New by far

I use "DejaVu Sans Mono for Powerline". It looks nice at small sizes in my terminal. Powerline for muh vim status bar memes

Noto Mono
Ubuntu Mono
Free Mono

Dina

Inconsolata
Literally the best
Humanist but easily rendered well
Beautiful and FOSS

This

>DejaVu Sans Mono
This. Default on many terminals, and for good reason.

that's one ugly color scheme

This looks fucking good, what ide are you using?

Source Code Pro for Powerline

Sublime on Windows
"font_face": "Consolas",
"font_options": ["directwrite"],
"font_size": 10.5

I think it's fine.

Fira Mono or Hack

Thank you brother.

Terminus

Fantasque Sans Mono

Iosevka Term

Whichever they use on 4kev.org

>It always feels weird how the horizontal bar for the 't' and the 'f' isn't at the same height in Consolas.

Eat shit and die nigger.

Comic Sans

Terminus

dejavu sans mono

Terminus tied with Droid Sans Mono

With ligatures:
>Iosevka
>Fira Code

Without ligatures:
>Iosevka Term
>Fire Mono
>Roboto Mono

Source Code Pro

Inconsolata
this guy gets it
and this guy

Yay

Nay

Nay

Ok

Ugly

>Ugly
I just don't like the /fag/ font it's makes me feel feel uninterested I dunno...

Input sans mono

github.com/belluzj/fantasque-sans

Source Code Pro

Deja vu

Hack

Operator Mono, but with a theme that doesn't use the faggy italic shit.

If you pay $200 for it though you're retarded.

pragmata pro

Hack is good and comfy

Utter disbelief that no one mentioned Fixedsys yet.

Ubuntu Mono.

I no longer use traditional plaintext editor+monospace font setups for writing code. I developed a build system, WordCode, which allows me to write my source code in formatted Word documents and strips out the formatting before sending each file to the compiler. My codebase is extremely readable and very convenient to edit.

I plan to release that build system commercially for Win+Mac in the near future. Would Sup Forums use it?

Literally can't unsee, I wonder how many fonts you've eternally ruined for me with this information

Please tell me this is a joke, no one would ever fucking use this garbage

VGA, the one true font.

Comic Sans Mono

Top tier fonts:
Source Code Pro
Inconsolata
Hack

Shit tier fonts:
Everything else.

Fira Code. Ligatures are fucking sexy.

This.

Iosevka a cute.

Fira Code is also great.

what are you, a homo? get those curly Ss out of here

He probably is the guy that is using emotions in the CLI.

Roboto mono medium

Monospaced fonts? Woah, did you guys wake up from a coma? We don't use typewriters anymore.

I genuinly got worried the font I use has this but it doesn't.
still..., fuck you

literate programming is great and all, but I don't think word is the way to go

only if you program in ancient elvish

I like this meme os but aliased fonts hurt my eyes

>Sublime
Emacs Virgin

I prefer the dejavu family

Source Code Pro is the only one that works for my eyes.

Firacode
mononoki

l i t e r a l l y

I use DejaVu Sans Mono Book

Liberation mono

What kind of stupid shitter aligns with 4 spaces instead of 8?

Do you fucking hipster faggots really 'code' like this?

PT Mono my man

C'mon. It's not as bad as the missing dot over i if it follows a small f. Like for example in 'find'.

>missing dot over i if it follows a small f
Jesus Christ. How fucking underaged could you possibly be?

It's not missing; it's just one pixel off

It's more that I just don't know the english terms for it.

Dejavu Sans Mono is the only correct answer. All others are meme answers.

Add another bitch to this pile because I'm here.

Misc Fixed

San Francisco Mono.

pic

There needs to be a list of fonts that pass the programming fonts test. At least 90% of fonts don't pass so aren't even worth considering.

Sorry for the slow response, but no it is certainly not a joke. I maintain one fairly large codebase in WordCode and I have convinced one of my clients to move over to it too. The tipping point was where I showed how non-programmers can add comments (real comments, not traditional ones that stay part of the text) and change formatting. The table of contents is very convenient too.

There are still deficiencies compared to traditional tooling and I'm actively working on bridging them.

>how non-programmers can add comments
why would they add comments?

it's called a ligature

The example I have at the time was using the same doc as a requirements sheet and actual implementation. The requirements and code can then be kept in one place both edited by different teams.

I'm unhappy with the current state of revision control for MS files, though- that's one of the deficiencies which I mentioned and am working on.

Do you have color blindness?
I think you should check it if you don't know

I think this is a terrible idea and there's no way I'd use this.

But it's an interesting project, and good on you for making it yourself user. I'm sure there's a market for it.

Tell me this is bait.

On a more general note, do you faggots ever write code that is actually useful, or even professionally, or do you just spend all day taking screencaps of FizzBuzz or Hello World with hipster fonts to post on Sup Forums?

The only code I ever write is bash script for ricing linux. ...and by write, I mean copy and paste from someone's github.

Syntax highlighting is vim default, while background and font color are xfce-terminal default, and there's nothing wrong with either.

-Misc-Fixed-Medium-R-Normal--13-120-75-75-C-70-ISO10646-1

I expected as much.

i prefer monospace

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

MonteCarlo Sans is pretty nice.

Terminus

Real men use bitmap fonts

this looks like poop

childish

lame

looks too tall

blurgh

fine

gross

bloat powerline is garbo

thicc (bad)

lol

nice

hmm

fine

Px437 IBM PS/2thin4 (int10h.org/oldschool-pc-fonts/fontlist/#ibm_others)

Monaco

Hack since I like Menlo and it's close enough.

BASED
A
S
E
D

>4444
BASED

nostalgic af