What's your favorite video card?

What's your favorite video card?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:System_Requirements#Personal_Computer
youtube.com/watch?v=QpFHpmu5kF8
youtu.be/wJ7N9Bt4sS4?t=15
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1070. it just is a hell of a lot better than any other i have owned, and i paid a stupid cheap price for it. it replaced a r9 285

Old AMD cards.

Really want to pick one up again, but they refuse to come down in price.

why do you want it? just 4gb

Sapphire 4870 1GB

This card was fucking amazing. It lasted me all the way till the 7970. Probably one of the best looking cards I've ever seen.

Because it's an interesting piece of technology. I have a GTX 1080, so I don't give a fuck about how it runs the latest bloated AAA shitfest. I want one to play with.

>What's your favorite video card?
It's the only card i've ever owned, doubles as a foot heater

>announced in june 25 2008
>can play skyrim in high
en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:System_Requirements#Personal_Computer

What's the name of this ?

oh so the thread is about novelty. then this one has aesthetic

You'll get vega Nano soon enough.
The founders edition PCB is literally a nano with extended empty space to attach the blower cooler too.

But nano Vega will have to be throttled down to hell in oreder to function wwith a small cooler.

WHDI GTX 460
youtube.com/watch?v=QpFHpmu5kF8

Yeah they'll probably bring it down to 1200mhz on purpose.

youtu.be/wJ7N9Bt4sS4?t=15

I'm still using one, but MSI.

Perhaps i could work at 1500 if it was tripple slot.

Won't fit in any ITX case then.

>being a cardlet
>ever

>Won't fit in any ITX case then.
Get that cheap aluminium Cpu+Gpu AIO watercooler everyone's talking about.

It'll probably have a BIOS with extremely fine-tuned power management, along with aggressive binning of chips, just like the Nano. That only generally had to throttle by 100MHz or so at most, despite the Fury X also being a housefire. Power consumption tends to drop off massively with AMD cards once you shave off a little clock speed and voltage.

>two Hawaii GPUs in one PCB
Burns your house down, TWICE AS FAST!

I hope it gets a Vega equivalent.

Cringe.

Just fucking look at it

Palit Jetstream 970. I had it for six months but sold it. It was my first actually good gpu saa and silent af. This was a year ago and I haven't gotten around buying a card as good as it.

XFX HD6870
I had it since 2010 and only now I upgraded because muh gaymes.

It's mostly heatsink, isn't it?

This bad motherfucker right here. I bought it back in 2005 and only replaced it when I built my (at the time) new machine in 2010, and even then it only shit a year ago.

Old cards are so rad. My Radeon 9800? had a fucking 40mm fan without heatsink blowing on the core.

Is this card actually any good?

Radeon 4870 because that's the only one I've owned since 2008.

two of these in sli costs 400 something and gave performance better than a 500 card

they were pretty amazing

Hard to argu against that champ GPU.
But the 290 I'm using right now will forever have a special place in my heart.
I liked GeForce2 too. We played soo much CS with those.

The two cards I've had the most fun with was my X1900XTX I had from early 2006 to late 2008, running 800/980mhz on water (stock is 650/775).
And then my hd6950 flashed to 6970 with a custom 1.3v bios running 1050/1500mhz on water. Got that card very cheap on black friday around when they launched. pic is 6950.

favorite is always first.

GeForce 256 - the original

Only if you need a very cheap videocard for your Ryzen setup. the 550 is very weak, but can handle a few light games.

Would this be an upgrade from a 270x?

No, it'd be a downgrade. The 7870/270X is around as powerful as the RX 560.

>800Mhz x1900
Was that faster than 8800GTS 320?

less power consuption and a little less perf.
isnĀ“t a good upgrade

Damn, really want a single slot card so I can get at the 4x slot on my motherboard.

No, I don't think so.. The 8800 cards where pretty amazing. I don't think the 8800 320mb was leaps and bounds better than the oc'd x1900, but definitely was better.

A friend of mine in 2007 upgraded his socket 478 pentium 4, 1gb ram and ati radeon 9800pro to a Core 2 duo e6850, 4gb ram and a 8800 GTS 640.. And it blew our minds.

Wanted a 8800 card so bad, but was poor as fuck back then. Didn't get to upgrade the x1900 until 2008 when another friend gave me his hd3850 256mb, as he got a 3870 1gb on sale I think.

I was kind of dissapointed in the 3850, wasn't THAT much better.
Had it up until late 2009 when I finally got a job again and upgraded to a 4870 1gb and phenom2 x4 965.

My system up until 2009 was socket 939 Opteron 175 2.2ghz oc'd to 3.2ghz, DFI lanparty NF4-d, 4gb Ocz ram, with the x1900xtx.

Held out pretty good, wasn't until 2009 actually it began to struggle with games I wanted to play.

Pic related. Only with 2gb ram there tho.

I have one of these right now sitting in my pile of video cards.

This huge bad ass fucker right here.

My HD 5970 was fucking awesome
Picked is up $250 brand new
70C at idle
100c load temps
Put that bitch on water cooling and it ran 38C max 1,000mhz core.

AMD is a pile of shit for stopping all driver support just a year later.

This shit, 780 ti GHz edition.

Got it for free (as in freedom), still works beatifully to this day.

Pale, tiny, cute :3

can someone shop a aircraft carrier to replace that cooling rib?

Voodoo 3 3000. It pretty much started it all with Unreal Tournament.

I had a 780ti water blocked 1,300mhz
Most stable GPU I've ever had.
IDK why it was so reliable.

That card is great. Gave it to my mom now, replaced with an RX460

>card came out only three years ago
>had
>reliable

hmm

Reliably sliding into irrelevance within twelve months of its release. Reliably finishing below a GTX 960 in any game released post-Maxwell. Reliably taking care of your wife while you're at work. What a reliable card. :^)

xfx is not good. They turned off voltage edit on my 7870. Never get xfx.

1050Ti

Good price, Good power, comes in Passive or Active,Low-profile or standard, Dual or Single slot configurations and has hardware H.265 encoding.

It really is a great little card.

That purple and gold... The Asus Geforce 4 Ti4200

Awwyeah, never mess with the classics.

5850 2 gigs edition. That or 8800gt.

I had 2 of these crossfire but ended up selling them and getting a 5870 eyefinity which i still use today.

Anything that doesn't require "external" power.
1050Ti sounds like a cutie patootie.
Wished AMD did something remotely comparable so I could use it with muh free drivers on loonatix.

My custom hybrid 1080 Ti

What in the hell kind of ghetto hybrid solution is this lmao

Shame about the warranty

>3 years

Well i'm not buying a fullcover waterblock for every new graphics card I get, as they cost 1/2 or 1/3 of what the cards cost. So I cut the vrm cooling off the stock cooler, thermal glued sinks on the memory and some other vrm's and watercooled the gpu with my old gpu block.

Put a fan under to keep the sinks cool.

7990 was pretty rad

The ASUS ones were the ones with the heatsink pipes not all on the die

Me selling it has nothing to do with how stable it was.
Sold for $270, fucking hilarious
I wanted to take at 4k so I got a 1080ti.

People kept bitching about the 960 beating it, but my fps tests show it beating stock clock 980s.
Mine was heavily overclocked though.

Ok, so, 3 and a half years assuming he bought it right on release? The 780 ti was a horrible fucking card.

The year is currently 2017.

The month is currently July and it was released in November of 2013.

The 780 ti is less than 4 years old, so calling it a 3 year old card is not incorrect, you fucking turbonigger.

290X was pretty ebin for its price range.

2017 - 2013 = 4

Asus dark Knight 4870.

GTX 690. It's just a pretty card. And you just don't see that kind of dual-GPU card anymore.

I used to play arma 2 with my friends with an x1600 pro on the lowest 3d res possible

I had a pair of these bad boys

These coolers are pretty awesome

>780 ti was a horrible fucking card.
I disagree, that was my favorite GPU.
The most stable and reliable I've owned.
With a heavy overclock, it beat 980s.

I kinda wish I kept it for my little brothers budget build.

Kepler got such a bad wrap.

So many cards with s-video out. I really want one of these to play with. I have a shitty GeForce 7200 GS for that but, what would be a nice card to replace it with?

This was the shit

ITT: Bunch of 16 year old fags (fyi you must be 18 to post here).

Pic related, I used to own one.

My 7970 lasted 4 years and I never had a problem running anything on it. Not once.

But 3 of those 4 years I had to deal with some pretty heavy artifacting on a few games. Mostly GTA 5 and Saint's Row 4.

I replaced it with pic related

I don't even like fallout 4 that much, but I love fallout themed stuff. I have the FO4 Steelseries Rival 300 mouse and I'm going to buy some blue and yellow caps for my keyboard.

I'm not committed enough to get a fallout mousepad, though. The mouse itself is hard enough to keep clean, a blue and yellow mousepad would be black and brown within a couple weeks.

*vomits*

9700 pro with a passive heatsink and a 120 cfm blowing on it.

No DVI?

Best card I ever owned was a sapphire 6950. Performed like a beast and was completely quiet.

Do you guys still hang onto this shit?

deprecated for high performance GPUs