/hpg/ - Headphone General

This /hpg/ thread was bought to you by Beyerdynamic™

>Headphone purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous Thread -

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZnOlHAfHfQE
massdrop.com/buy/topping-d30-dac
youtube.com/watch?v=VeNF-vUnRzM
massdrop.com/buy/cleer-nc-noise-cancelling-headphones
massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-nuforce-edc-in-ear-monitors
amazon.com/OPPO-PM-3-Closed-Back-Magnetic-Headphones/dp/B00UW0FZWQ
amazon.com/Shure-SRH1540-Premium-Closed-Back-Headphones/dp/B00FR8DMR8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What is the second best headphone in the world behind the HD600?

I use Skullcandy Crushers when listening to music on my phone

I use the Steel Series H Wireless headset for my PC

fite me fags

The ATH-M50s used to be considered pretty patrician, but now that they're popular, anons hate them.

both memes. he400i is supreme

Friendly reminder to /hpg/ that they can get the Beyerdynamic sound for free, using these EQ settings.

This post is accurate.
HD580

And here's how to get the sennheiser sound for free. Wow! Sadly, the snapping headband can't be replicated by EQ, but just break a car window with your face and you'll get the same effect too.

Here's my replica HD 600 EQ

Can some one recommend the absolute best 25-30-35-40$ headphone that are on par with 200$ ones (there's always one of those each generation)

TY

use an anime image next time, kthx.

Someone please link me to cheap and good in ear headphones budget is 5-10 bucks

ve monk plus, but they're earbuds

real /hpg/

what is it with weebs, autism, and headphones anyway?

Is it bc it isolates from your surroundings so you feel like in the animu?

20 mins late user, you can have your anime OP next time around.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZnOlHAfHfQE

Here, use this one next time.

Beats by Dre is the best audio brand
>Bass heavy for today's pop and rap music
>Fashionable
>Integration with Apple devices
>Foldable unlike other headphones on /hpg/
>Endorsed by top celebrities

>Foldable unlike other headphones on /hpg/

Wrong

Seriously, can't you at least use jap pictures of ADULT women? Why do you always need prepubescent girls? It's a creepy fixation.

Solo 3
>Wireless
>Closed ear design
>Bass heavy
>Fashionable
HD600
>Wired
>Open ear so not street ready
>Bass light
>Unfashionable

>Why do you always need prepubescent girls?
Uh idk it's almost as if they are sexually attracted to them

At least do it right.

Template:

>Budget
Cheaper is better but anything around or under $200 would be fine.
>Location
Canada
>Source
USB or soundcard both work
>Type of headphone
full sized
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
As comfortable as I can get in my price range. I can use the computer for multiple days straight so it needs to be comfortable.
>Sound signature
Neutral is required

Beats by Dr. Dre Solo 2

>around or under $200 would be fine.
>Location: Canada
>Neutral
Should have jumped on it when it was ongoing famalam. You could still get a 558 or 598.

Reposting

Nico is over 21 this year.

>Budget
$300 loose
>Location
Burger
>Source
Phone and desktop, soundcard plz
>Type of headphone

>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Pretty comfy, will be using a lot
>Sound signature
IDC as long as it's pretty neutral and sounds good
>Past headphones

So people on Assdrop are telling me this Topping A30 is a better amp than the Schiit Magni (not the Uber version though). Considering I don't care when either amp arrives, should I listen to them and buy this amp or should I just stick to the Schiit?

massdrop.com/buy/topping-d30-dac

It certainly looks better than Schiit, plus it looks like it has more inputs and outputs too. I'd say go for it.

I hate to say it, but I think I'm leaning towards the Schiit just because of its looks. And I'm trying to power a T50RP, and the Topping A30 seems to be a little more powerful than the original Schiit.

Either one will power it just fine.
I'm honestly considering replacing my magni cause this topping one has two headphone outs, which is really useful IMO.

I'm sure you already know that only one of the outputs can be used at the same time. I might grab the A30 too if I can get over the visuals of it.

Schiit aesthetics are pretty top tier tbqh

My Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6xx are made in Ireland.

For the same price, should i get Sony MDR-7506 or Sennheiser HD 598 Cs (the closed ones)?

Buy the magni and stop fucking around for fucks sake. It's an end game amp.

>it's an end game amp

neither

7506 for sure.

>this is the best thing ive heard
>next review
>no this is the best thing ive heard
>next review
>no THIS is the best thing ive heard

taking anything he says seriously is probably a brain malfunction

This is zeos, fat faggot retard headphone "reviewer"

youtube.com/watch?v=VeNF-vUnRzM

Nah they were always shit Sup Forums just didn't know any better at the time.

Any word on those monoprice planar magnetics? Are they any good?

Apparently good for the price, but very uneven midrange. Would only buy if you really want planar bass.

He is one of the most accurate representation of the "audiophile" community.

Sounds like it's a really comfy headphone with 0 fatigue

HD650

>Budget
Under $50
>Location
USA
>Source
Phone
>Type of headphone
IEM
>Comfort level
High
>Sound signature
Not looking for bass
>Past headphones
HD558 and ATH M50

Looking for good noise isolation, low profile and high comfort.

Yep, I slammed my face headfirst into a car window and can confirm it was comfy as fuck.

>I slammed my face headfirst into a car window
That's actually what bright headphones like the DT880 accurately compare to

The senns are like slamming my face against a pillow

Nope, it replicates the feeling of shards of plastic shredding your face when your chinkshit headband snaps.

Beyers don't do this.

HD598

Soundmagic E30

massdrop.com/buy/cleer-nc-noise-cancelling-headphones
reposting from old thread, worth it or nah?

Looks like a very well built fingerprint magnet. Your guess is as good as anyone's on sound though, doesn't look like they've been reviewed all that much.

>active noise canceling

How do the KZ ZS5 sound?
Are these IEMs on Assdrop any good? massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-nuforce-edc-in-ear-monitors

>Budget
£150 used/new.
>Location
UK.
>Source
An amp, any suggestions? I'm looking for one that can drive at least 600 ohm headphones.
>Type of headphone
Full-sized.
>Open or closed
Closed.
>Comfort level
Don't care too much, as long as it doesn't deform my skull.
>Sound signature
Tight bass.
>Past headphones
HD 600.

Anime is cancer.

My HD650s are from near their debut. I've taken no pains to coddle or be careful with them and the headband is fine. This is a headphone that has seen use several times a weeks for 13 years. They are not fragile headphones.

You're lying.

This senn vs beyer shit is getting old. What the point of a modi 2 uber vs modi 2

Both are overpriced for being DACs only.

SNAPHEISER SHILLS BTFO!

Not sure this warrants its own thread, I have a Panasonic HTX7 and need either a microphone or a hedset, anyone have a recommendation for a mic or headset?

What's a closed alternative to the HD800?

I like how they sound, but I almost never get to use them as they leak so much sound, I can't use them where I live.

What's your budget? Maybe one of these:

amazon.com/OPPO-PM-3-Closed-Back-Magnetic-Headphones/dp/B00UW0FZWQ
amazon.com/Shure-SRH1540-Premium-Closed-Back-Headphones/dp/B00FR8DMR8

Are the DT 880s not recommended by /hpg/ anymore? I bought my pair years ago and never looked back. I've heard people say the HD 600s are better, but I'm an aesthetics and comfort nut and the DT 880 just beats the HD 600s out in that category hard from what I can tell and the sound quality was amazing when I tested it. I bought them awhile ago when /hpg/ always shilled them, why'd people change their minds?

>What's your budget
I'm in the UK, paid about 700GBP for my HD800's, wouldn't mind paying around that again.

I'll look into those ty.

speaking of hd800's can you use a Cyrus Dac x with them or is this a bad idea?

Why the fuck do people praise the HD600 as the holy grail of headphones?

>why do people praise the holy grail of headphones as the holy grail of headphones
Weird that, I'm not sure.

i bought it, now i want to try the dt880 because of op image
i should stop following like a robot

I use mine with onboard audio :/

I haven't talked headphones here in a couple years. Is the audio technica meme finally dead?

>Are the DT 880s not recommended by /hpg/ anymore?
They're treble-heavy dogshit. OP is an inaccurate troll image.

i have my akg k712 going through a little fiio e10k.

i've heard these headphones sound good with a tube amp.

should i jump up to a schiit vali 2 and modi 2?

With those headphones, I'd get a better DAC/AMP. Watch out with amps, they are definitely like snake oil. Schiit stack would suffice but tube amps look sick.

Oppo HA-2 SE or Xduoo XD-05? I'm mainly looking for something portable that can decode DSD and other high res formats. I'm not currently powering anything heavy at all. All I'd be powering is a pair of RHA T20s and HD 598s. However, I'm in the market for a new set of full sizes, so that might change. Anyway, I'm mostly concerned about audio quality and format compatibility. I suppose battery life and other things that typically pertain to portable products are of concern, as well. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

what's the difference between open and close.
And what's comfy, good quality headphones cheaper than 80$ that won't cause my ears to be raped. shouldn;t let out noise preferably.

CB-1
XPT100

can you replace the headband on the athm50? had a broken right driver for a couple years now and finally want to fix it and replace the headband.

what about something that i can get in canuck land.

>open and close
Open means they have mesh vents and will leak a bunch of sound, closed doesn't.

Open headphones sound more airy, and have the ability to make sound seem further away.

"Shouldn't let out sound" would be a closed earphone user. I warn you, open earphones are generally "better" as in they give you a more realistic sound. I would get a SHP9500 at that price range.

Somic MM185 is the same as the CB-1 without detachable cables.

Question, where do Beyerdynamic DT770Pro's stand these days? I've had mine for some years and they still stand strong, but I'm curious as to their ranking. Won't change how much I love 'em, but yeah.

Shit. No mids, and they really should have a detachable cable at that price.

Probably the best V-Shaped, closed headphone under $200 USD. The Custom Studio is the DT770 80 Ohm with a detachable cable and adjustable bass ports so I wouldn't be surprised if that somewhat takes it's place.
What's a Custom Studio?

>What's a Custom Studio?
Fixes detachable cable and nomids issues, but bass response is not ideal. First position doesn't have enough bass and the other three positions have a quite non-ideal 5-10 dB dip in the bass response. An improvement on the DT770, but the bass response for all four settings is a mess.

Can anyone recommend nice Bluetooth sport headphones?

I'm debating buying these because I can get them free with credit card rewards, but I'd be willing to spend more if there are good ones or there, or especially some on-ear clip ons instead of earbuds.

What are the chances the Sony mdrv6 go on sale for prime day? Been eyeing them for a while and just recently got an Amazon gift card

>Budget
Up to 250€

>Location
Italy/EU

>Source
Laptop, iPod, occasionally old 70s amp for a stereo

>Type
Full size, fuckhuge around ear, autism-grade isolation

>Open/Closed
Closed for isolation

>Comfort level
I mostly use them in bed for ASMR and for movies, so i want breddy fukken comfy

>Sound signature
Bass is fine, I hate tinny sounds

Coming from le M50 meme, I didn't dislike them but they were pretty uncomfortable and started to deteriorate soon.

Does anyone know of a USB-powered DAC with a 6.35mm output? I got a new laptop and wanna be able to take my Grados on the go.

Fulla2