What do you guys think of Yamaha audio equipment? Just noticed this gem on their website:

What do you guys think of Yamaha audio equipment? Just noticed this gem on their website:
>Saturday evening. Relaxing, and peacefully waiting for my wife to finish preparing dinner.
>Holding a coffee in one hand, I casually turn the pages of my book, while the HiFi sound of a ballad singer soaks into my heart.
>Spending time relaxing with my favourite music—this is the life.
>uk.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/hifi_systems/mcr-n670/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rR1o45u9CVI
youtube.com/watch?v=m8bDsMB37tM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yamaha makes good audio equipment. I have three yamaha keyboards (a proper digital piano and two refaces)

what do you expect from a company with three tunings forks as a logo?

How do I unsubscribe from your shitty poetry blog?

>What do you guys think of Yamaha audio equipment?

Which one? They're like 3M for music. They make pretty much everything.

It depends on what you want. I got an RX-A1020 Aventage receiver. It's kinda weird. I was getting weird buzzing sound sent to all channel speakers if my audio input was any of the HDMI ins. Analog audio in didn't have this problem.

Did all sorts of research, people were talking about ground loop things for analog in, but I was transmitting HDMI audio, it didn't matter if the device was on the same surge protector or a different outlet, hissing remained.

Turns out if I touched the RF-in connector, I was able to ground it by touch (like my own fingertips) and the buzzing went away.

Turn off the receiver, turn it on, buzzing is back. Lightly touch RF connector, buzzing diminishes a bit. Hold finger to the RF connector buzzing goes away. I repeated this process 2 or 3 times in stupor of what was happening.

I'm gonna have to find some RF to ground cable or something just to permanently ground that port. For now I'm just leaving it on, because it seems to get charged, and therefore buzz, whenever it gets turned on.

I'm sure their keyboards are great, and chances are I just got a weird receiver, but I'll probably be getting something like a Marantz amplifier in the future.

it's good, doesn't mean it's the best in class tho

>Yamaha digital piano
Ew

Kawai or GTFO

Yamaha is the shit. I love my Yamaha Pacifica guitars and I also have a Yamaha digital piano. good company

Couldn't you just use a little electric paint (yes it exists, google it) to permanently ground the RF-in connector to a bare metal spot on the receiver's chassis, a bolt holding it together, or perhaps the ground on a nearby RCA in? It's unlikely since in their infinite wisdom Yamaha omitted the fucking ground on their AC-in connection but it may solve the issue permanently.

I really love their sub

What digital piano do you recommend to buy from Yamaha? I'm a beginner, so I don't know much about technical details.

None, Yamaha makes shitty digital pianos

what exactly do you have to gain for lying on the internet?

iphone, korg module and any midi keyboard will sound like a piano.

My CR-420 receiver is by far my favorite receiver, and I have a few amps and receivers. Good looking, and clean sound. I also have an automatic turntable to match.

Not sure how their new HIFI stuff compares, but I've heard good stuff about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=rR1o45u9CVI

I really like their audio equipment. Good sound and some of the best build quality for the money.
Currently using an old HTR receiver that I bought when 5.1 was new. It's used daily and occasionally gets pushed hard and hasn't skipped a beat.
I also got a couple old receivers (CR 200 and CR 1040). Other than a bit of De-oxing and cleaning up, they both work awesome.

Also have one of these. A sound bar that doesn't suck.

Kawai shits all over Yamaha, digital and non digital pianos alike

They are ok.

Yamaha makes great drum kits. I love my Stage Customs.

They are featured in anime so they win by default.

Yamaha equipment is the no d of brand that won't blow you away with anything. But you won't be dissatisfied with the product either. It's just "comfy".

What were they thinking?

The tea leaves tell me to expect a house fire sometime in your future.

Will I get laid this year?

I got a P95 several years ago and like it. I think the current version is a P115.

I'm just a self-taught beginner, so I can't tell you how it compares to other digital pianos.

I have a casio that I don't use that much, but I should.

youtube.com/watch?v=m8bDsMB37tM

I got those exact PC speakers for my desktop.

They sound nice and clear and are loud enough. I think they are much better than the 99 dollar Bose speakers. They are made quite well. The side paneling is has a really nice material for the price.

They are real?

Yes.