Bonded internet

just learned about bonded internet and so i've been on the google all day trying to find how to make this shit work way out in hudspeth county, tx.
the local telecoms/ISPs are stupid expensive and offer meh-level bandwidth.
so far, i can't find the box i need.
but even if i do, i don't know all the tech shit for bonded servers.

can anyone help me understand in layman's terms?

>does this box exist?

>if not, and i buy a wired box, how can i modify it to be what i need?

>beyond all that, would i also need to create some server at t-mobile? or would it "just work"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tqbnjgbtDl0
peplink.com/products/balance/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCP_window_scale_option
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_aggregation
itel.com/bonded-internet/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

linus cuck tips did it:
youtube.com/watch?v=tqbnjgbtDl0
The business sells boxes that do up to 5 ports, so I guess for wifi you could set up 5 wifi to ethernet bridges.

bruh, that's the video that got me started.
trying to figure out how to replace the DSL with hotspot from phones.

>>does this box exist?
Yes, look for SDWAN solutions. Everyone and their mom makes them. Cisco's is called iWAN.

>or would it "just work"?
do you understand how bonding works? it isnt going to make your internet twice as fast for a single file transfer. you'll need multiple datastreams. Something like bittorrent could utilize it for downloads.

>trying to figure out how to replace the DSL with hotspot from phones.
A cisco router, and either get ethernet dongles for phones, or a Cisco Aironet to use as a workgroup bridge.

pic related
it's easy enough to set up a Raspberry Pi (pi symbol) as a wifi to ethernet bridge.
keep in mind all this hardware (and the sort of subscription thing you have to do for the bonders) will get expensive fast

I remember hearing stories about people using two 56k modems to get faster internet speeds, is this the same thing?

not strictly, this is tying ethernet connections together after the modem. The 2x56k modems were a single modem.

peplink.com/products/balance/

it isnt going to make your internet twice as fast for a single file transfer. you'll need multiple datastreams. Something like bittorrent could utilize it for downloads.

Why wouldnt it? Assuming that bonding server is a fast datacenter connection it should double/triple or whatever your download speed if you have several physical connections from running from your home to internet,
I guess the latency would increase somewhat

>Why wouldnt it?
Because the datastream will take a single path.

>Assuming that bonding server is a fast datacenter connection
You dont understand what you're talking about do you? And even if something like this existed you'd have serious issues with out of order packets which would cause all sorts of problems.

he literally made this thread because he didn't know what he was talking about and wanted help

this is some of the dumbest nigger rigging i've ever seen on Sup Forums, buy some chink gsm modems if you're this stupid

Isnt bonding using 2 (or more) connections (for example dsl and 4g) to connect to a bonding server(fast) on the internet so that server downloads a file and then sends it to you by splitting it and using those same two connections to send it to your at the same time (bonding appliance connecting to home pc would recombine the stream and send complete file to the home pc) ?

I understand there are problems like if one connection is slower/faster and dropped packets, but other than that the whole point of bonding is to use several connections to transmit file back to bonding apliance? No ?

There is no bonding server. In its most basic form such as LACP or PAgP it is just two connections and which path a packet takes is the result of a hashing function, such as one which uses IP and port. In SDWAN solutions it takes it a step further and monitors latency, jitter and can take QoS policies in to account.

>so that server downloads a file and then sends it to you by splitting it and using those same two connections to send it to your at the same time
This doesnt happen and would have serious issues with packets being received out of order. See TCP Windows as an example it would fuck up - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCP_window_scale_option

you are correct, the other guy is wrong
this is why they charge you a monthly fee to use the service

>the other guy is wrong
No i'm not

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_aggregation

bonding as in link aggregation you round-robin connections between multiple interfaces, your overall throughput goes up, but each individual connection is still the same speed

as for packet order, the paid service is supposed to sort that out for you. = why they get paid.

that's the main reason, that for stacking speed, you use identical speeds. don't pair a 1Gbps with a 3mbps. this is only for having a uninterptable backup connection.

>paid service
What fucking paid service are you even talking about. And no i'm not watching the video from some retard who is pissing away his chink wife's money and is too incompetent to even setup a switch.

That's not what OP is talking about you absolute dumbfuck

You don't have to watch anything you retard. Stop shitting up the thread without knowing what it's about

There is no such thing

>I wish I knew it was called SDWAN

itel.com/bonded-internet/

Again, that's not what OP is talking about

surely a canadian business ISP can solve the problem of their being no good ISPs in west texas

SDWAN is what OP is talking about

This is just the same SDWAN that everyone else has

according to that canadian isp, they can bond cellular connections for gigabit connection where there's no wires. but they offer no explanation.

out in the deserts or the sw, no wires would be best. the cell towers still have 4G and maybe soon 5G.

this would be great for rural living folks.

i guarantee it's $$$ and they won't even talk to an individual, just buy a router w/dual SIM 4G or satellite

>61192387
>bonding
it's called "link aggregation" because it's basically what it does, aggregates the links

I use bonded connections a lot due to remote locations; also use multi-circuit(old school using multiple 56k modems to achieve a "single" connection. The simple answer is even with POTS lines delivered to your house and the correct hardware in place you still need something down stream to demodulate your traffic and routed it on the path you intended it to take. That is the role of most ISPs (bonded or otherwise).

>Because the datastream will take a single path.

isn't the point of bonding to make two distinct parts look like a single path?