Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 2.10 MiB (7%)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3NFmpJNvd4k?t=6m22s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

shut up pussy

Just pick the vp9 option

MODS MODS MODS

They managed to cut the file size almost in half without any quality loss? That's quite impressive!

These days I upscale everything to 4K precisely for this reason.

what

When I upload stuff to youtube, I make sure to upscale it to 4K, even if it came from VHS. This way it won't come out compressed to shit.

4k will get the same treatment ,

i noticed this a long time ago (i would say at least 3 years) 1080p doesn't even look like 1080p it actually feels and loads as a 720p video, only 4k looks like actual 4k but as soon as it becomes more common it will get downgraded/compressed just like 1080p (because bandwidth costs and you can't make business by not saving costs)

I literally don't care.

High quality video is not my reason for using Youtube and the fact they are hosting your shitty videos for free means there is nothing to complain about.

>managed to improve bandwidth usage for their users by almost 50%
>ruining youtube
???

This, youtube is a social video website, not a file host. If you want to share videos there's almost no reason to not just share the raw files anymore, when youtube was new and flash was required and people recorded shit in god knows what format that needed to be converted, then it made sense, but today every browser can play a standard h.264/aac in an mp4 and every media player can stream from http just fine, if you care about quality integrity then just find a place to host the original video file and link that out.

>only 4k looks like actual 4k
Go watch a 4k blueray (physical copy, mind) movie on a 4k screen, then go watch the same thing on netflix or some shit at 4k.

Then say that again with a straight face.

Could you link to an example?

>I'm so obtuse xD
kys yourself

avatarfagging is against the rules

It is known.
Google cuts down old videos when new codecs arrive to reduce costs.
We're going to look back at grainy rencoded shit because they could save a few bucks by trashing the original footage.

>save a few bucks
Thanks to smelly Indians creating 5000 Elsa vs Spiderman scat videos a day Google runs out of disk space.

Just try watching a 4k video on a 1080p display, you can literally see the diffrence changing between 4k and 1080p (The videos appear smoother/less blockier).
>I fully agree

Because people are ruining youtube by uploading garbage 5 second mp4s without even titling them.

>5000 Elsa vs Spiderman scat videos a day

Don't fucking remind me

>4k looks like actual 4k
lol. It doesn't even look as good as proper 1080p.

>google's algorithm devalues good quality timeless videos more and more (as many reputable channels found out many times)
>instead it now values per day uploads that will get gorillion views the first day, only to get no views after that
>still 10 minutes minimum to get good monetization so every shitty youtuber now stretches all their videos to 10 minutes lmao
>countless 10 minute videos of some retard talking about shit that could be a 3 sentence blog/article, wasting more than half a gigabyte each.
>"Waah waah we totally need to save bandwidth and storage goyim :("

It's just another "you're not supposed to have things work properly" episode.

Not true. They do change codecs and their configurations from time to time, and re-do the codecs of old videos as well.

>youtube is a social video website, not a file host
2.7TB in YouTube right now, according to Google Takeout. You can literally have it as a backup service if you're smart. Probably what is doing.

It's still H.264/AAC. They just slashed the bitrate.

>no PSNR measurement
trash post. delete yourself

Just backing up videos?

>Google has been ruining

My guess is they were just redoing stuff from a subcontractor that encoded them with the wrong settings. 1 reference frame is awful. I have stuff from 2013 on and it's 3.
Checking a couple of my old ones, they haven't changed. I found one that was 1 ref /192k and it's been updated to 3 ref/128k. No major change in the video bitrate. (1882 vs 1830)

They changed the color matrix, too. It's almost impossible to tell which is right, but I'd say they fixed it on the probability that red is more likely than orange.

>Elsa vs Spiderman scat videos

wat

There are some things you don't want to know about

You actually don't want to know

It's not indians, it's some kind of psy op shit. No way would anyone make something that disgusting for no reason and people have reported it. It's some illuminati tier shit.

It occurs to me that these days you could upload a video like this but with some creepypasta weird shit in it, and that a bunch of three year olds would watch the hell out of it, get freaked out for life, and 20 years from now there would be urban rumors up the ass about it, and it'd be totally impossible to find the original vids.

Is there a website or blog or anything that has detailed reports on what Youtube does with their videos on terms of quality?

The fuck am I watching and why does it have 290 million views?

They won’t remove it. They're in on it. Go to /x/ or Sup Forums

OP what video

>Bad Baby Daddy vs Victoria

Same shit with any physical media, bough EVA 1.11 and 2.22 on bluray a few years back, the quality blew me away.

How awful. quality video like this is being destroyed by re-encoding!

Sounds like they did something right for once to me.

>2.7TB
this number seems low

That's his own video.

Just reread his post, that makes more sense.

They've been ruining it for over a decade.

>You can literally have it as a backup service if you're smart
user...

This is why free services that aren't decentralized just simply don't work. Someone has to be paying. This is why google is spending more time on youtube red + TV.

Yeah. In the same sense everyone is in the process of dying from the moment they are born (and even before that).

Loli Ear Lick - Tasting Senpai

Not really. The body is gaining more than it loses at least until around age 20. After that point though, certainly.

>Downloading videos from YouTube
>Still having the YouTube video bookmarked in his browser
mfw

Depends on how you look at it.

"Gaining" until age ~25 is part of the process towards death, i.e. dying.

Eh, by that logic, a car being made on the line is in the process of crashing into a tree. I prefer not to look at the pessimistic angle like that as it ignores all the events that lead up to the crash and leads to nothing being learned.

Actually, Google Takeout gives you the original video files you uploaded, unless they contain copyrighted material, detected with Content ID. vwestlife made a video about it.

I just hope they dont mess with the audio further. YouTube is the biggest music library on the planet. That's its main purpose

Youtube isn't an acceptable archive for content. Their shit just bitrots over time because they love to re-encode with the current meme codec and delete the masters.

Long term curation should be decentralized and protected from corruption with hashes. Torrents have been doing this for a while, but torrents are only as strong as the tracker. I hope ipfs can save our immortal data soon.

>/x/
How does /x/ explain the phenomenon?

Aliens or government cover-up.

>Or both

how about netflix compared to BlueRays?

I remember when it launched it was on par, but they compressed it like 3 months in and now i see noise on fast action sequences

Linus Shill Tips did a video on it.
youtu.be/3NFmpJNvd4k?t=6m22s

The whole situation is a compromise. By dropping the bitrate of lower resolutions, they save a lot of bandwidth on the flood of shitty attention-whoring content. Uploaders and viewers who care about quality can choose faux-K.