All right, I finally made a switch from Windows 7 to Windows 10

All right, I finally made a switch from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Now tell me how to permanently move to Linux. Which one should I use?

At this point in my life I honestly believe only a genocide can save the world from Microsoft.

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/
youtu.be/eoSg3fSB7PA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You fucking lurk more, faggot. I hate newfags.

Just post from your phone.

>browsing Sup Forums
>not using linux
>asking people to argue over the best distros

Install Gentoo

>>asking people to argue over the best distros
This. Why do people insist on coming here and asking this, knowing full well, that it's only going to stir up shit? Use Ubuntu for fucks sake. Get used to it, then move on to another distro if you want. And don't come around asking what the next distro should be, either.

>I finally made a switch from Windows 7 to Windows 10
i'm so sorry

HM Linux

>mozilla firefox
commit suicide OP

or nice falsefag

Why do you want to switch to Linux?

Start with Mint GNU/Linux it's best for newbies.
After that, it's up to you.

Good luck, and have fun!

diaf

arch

Google "easy linux distros"
Shut up

>install LTSB 2016
>install anti-beacon
>install classic shell
only way to run 10 desu famalamaranma

Install Ubuntu MATE and call it a day.

Read the wiki

this. I run a vm of Ubuntu on my windows laptop and that's all I use. I'm about to format it and solely use ubuntu.

I came here just to call you a cuck OP. Fuck your thread. Move over to GNU plus linux or you will forever be a fagot.

BTW Trisquel or Manjaro is going to be just about all you need... Both are free.

t. Microsoft support India

Same boat here, gave windows 10 a honest chance but could not handle the a 3 facts

-Too much task manager activity (aka what the hell is going on in the background)
-Too much network activity (aka same as above)
-Any advanced configuration (Registry etc.) you make can be reverted without warning with a windows update. (Who owns the machine?)

So I am a happy Debian user now, the SIMPLY FUCKING FACT that when the system is IDLE there is no unknown to me network traffic is making me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Can anyone point me to a good proper version of 7?

haha good one!

Does software that lists win7 as requirment work on win10?
Asking for davinci resolve.

>Which one should I use?
Ubuntu. If you have no clue what you are doing Ubuntu is a very good choice.

If you take a strong stance on open source software Debian is also a very good choice, although it requires a bit more knowledge about Linux to configure it.

Install PC-BSD instead.

Install LTSB and/or MacOS

I feel that we're in a point in time where every Fucking os alternative has deep flaws. With Linux you renounce to multimedia, gaming (it's getting better I know) and features in hardware because of shitty driver support (getting really better at this nowadays).
With windows you have the lack of Fucking privacy with win10, things not at all polished like 4K support in legacy programs while dpi scaling, and other shit. It's still the best alternative available today and that's a real shame that a shitty OS like win10 is really the safest bet for a pc.
I won't even talk about osx because it's in another league of shittyness.

>I won't even talk about osx because it's in another league of shittyness.
Except DPI scaling works and things are actually polished, just looking at something like OS settings it's immediately obvious.

Linux Mint 18.2 Cinnamon Edition

If you have no experience, Linux Mint Cinnamon. Anyone with W7 experience should be able to get Mint Cinnamon up and running. That said, here is some stuff that is less obvious to help you out: sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/

Or you could just use Mint, which is a fork of Ubuntu is much more familiar. They also have a Debian Edition.

Xubuntu, pretty good distro of ubuntu next to linux mint.

Drivers are shit in BSD, don't do that shit OP.

I personally would never recommend Mint to anyone. It has too many problems which neither debian not ubuntu suffer from.

This, if you hardware supports it. BSDs are just too superior to the bloated Linux.

Install vanilla LTS Ubuntu. Ignore the neckbeard hobbyists. A lot of sofware is available on Ubuntu, including a ton of games in Steam and GoG. If you've got a library already you'll be surprised by how many games are native, and many more work fine in WINE.

Install virtualbox to tinker and test different things, but trust your default Ubuntu install to be secure and stable.

Fedora

>No Internet connection
There, fixed it for you. And about "anti-botnet" tools:
youtu.be/eoSg3fSB7PA

openSUSE Leap 42.2
>It just werks®