Are 3D printers good enough to make plastic garbage to sell to manchildren on the manchildren boards?

Are 3D printers good enough to make plastic garbage to sell to manchildren on the manchildren boards?

How can 3d compete with this?

>facebook filename
Please go and stay go, dumb normalfag.

they are not, you cuck. clearly, you've never bought the products you intend to sell and have no understanding of its market whatsoever

they are! just sell them in parts and for self coloring like Games Workshop does to the W40k manchilds and the retards gobble it up like hotcake because they are consum victims

A really expensive printer can be used to make the master from which you create molds for casting. Printing at that quality takes forever.

Sup Forums shit? No. You could make a fortune off /tg/ autists though.

>he can recognise a facebook filename

Suicide is the only answer for you.

Slippery slope. Same goes with the reddit stuff.

I've been thinking about getting a 3D printer to make modification parts for Gunpla. Anything I could actually afford to buy would require a lot of cleanup to bring the finished part to an acceptable quality, but it would help me nail down the basic shape.

>posts manchildren shit on a manchild board
what did he mean by this?

that you must suck my dick faggot

I want to suck those teats

Laser Resin 3D Printing, then a steady hand painting.

wtf i love anime now

this
you basically need to get access to a 3d printer that costs as much as a house to get quality results. It's definitely possible but unless it's shit you're molding and reselling it's really not worth the cost

pic related is a product of such process, do note this is is GK and that ¥10,000 price is for an unpainted, unassembled kit

most artists doing it from what I've seen use zbrush but I think I've seen one or two actually using blender to make the model with 3dsmax being used to splice it into more printable and moldable parts

A 3000 dollar form2 will do that statue just fine. Then you can recast it in actual resin, the good stuff

10000 yen is only 90 dollarydoos my friend. It's bog standard for a well cast gk and a bargain for an original from the creator

yes and no.

I have a 300$ printer that once properly calibrated can easily produce shit that is sellable.

No in the sense that even at a 20 micron layer you will be able to notice some of the more... unrefined shit.

What you want to do is print the model, cast it, then work on the casting to smooth shit or make an edge perfect then re cast it and make molds from that.

Its a fuck load of touch up work you need to do but potentially worth it for end results.

print in abs, sad shit down, then acetone coat, possibly add a layer of shit to it that will harden so you can smooth shit out.

4chanx recognizes facebook filenames.

You won't be able to do it cheaper than shapeways

Nah man form one or two printers are good enough for mold making. The machines that can print stuff in color that cost as much as a house are shit.

But you ain't gonna be able to do it cheaper than shapeways.

of course, ¥10,000 yen is standard fare but I'm just putting that out there for the average Sup Forums user coming from reddit

>But you ain't gonna be able to do it cheaper than shapeways.
that just shows how little you know about 3d printing and sourcing printjobs

>Nah man form one or two printers are good enough for mold making.
still need a lot of cleanup like acetone vapour to make it suitable for molding but that's at the cost of detail

So many people here have no idea what they are talking about, or used their schools printer set up for a shitty rush job with shitty calibration and awful Gcode. Probably some sort of Chinese Prusa knock off the school bought for 200 dollars and think they are now experts.

This is fucking Reddit tier shit posting, you should be fucking ashamed of yourselves.

They can't. They're pure perfection.

>>Nah man form one or two printers are good enough for mold making.
>still need a lot of cleanup like acetone vapour to make it suitable for molding but that's at the cost of detail

>using acetone on UV cured resin
I hope you aren't serious. Also the form 2 prints are an order magnitude finer than anything a FDM printer can do. They do need material clean up since it's coming out of a vat of toxic liquid but the quality is near production grade

Domonic qwek and Jon Troy Nickel

Watched these guy do it for a while.