For what tasks does Sup Forums still prefer pen and paper?

For what tasks does Sup Forums still prefer pen and paper?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whenever I do math or econometrics (i.e. statistics) work. Nothing better than some good pen and paper.

Then LaTeX obviously.

doing math equations and taking notes

taking notes from a phone call is about the only time i use pen and paper.

That and at work.

Writing.

Todo lists
Meeting notes
Planning out what I'm gonna code
Notes while developing

Writing.

Short lists and simple math

HAHAAHHA
Not know how to figure sin/cos/tan in you're mind.

math and pseudocode

Sketching penises

sketching lolis

shit girl

y-you too

drawing

digital is better for that

youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME

>not recording your phone calls automatically

math

writing nonsense

I only use pen and paper while driving to be honest

Math and notetaking. Dont have a tablet

>using pen and paper

enjoy your botnet

It's been years since I touched a pen, probably would have to learn how to write again if I ever do.

drawing, but I'm shit at it

show me more

I write down directions on paper. It avoids a situation a guy I know got himself into - his phone died in an unfamiliar area, and he was hopelessly lost without GPS and turn-by-turn directions.

gotta sign and date that check somehow.

really though, the mechanic shop i work at tries to stay away from computers unless its ordering a part or filing what vehicles were towed.

Password keeping

the vast majority of my daily life that requires meaningful input is pen and paper

in part it's because the company I work for is stuck in the dark ages, but also because I know I remember stuff better if I've written it down so it's generally just a good practice to write shit out

this, and sketch ideas before 3d modeling.

underrated post

漢字を勉強している。です。です。です。

math and physics

Alarm clock

I just use my iPad Pro + apple pencil for all pen and paper tasks

what does RMS use then

Mind the margins you illiterate shit

Certain notes I prefer to use a pad, other things here and there too. Just picked up a fountain pen, any recommendations on blue ink?

Do physical libraries have use still or did internet search engines make them obsolete?

Note taking, speed, random situations where it'd be faster than me taking a picture. My WPM is shit so note-taking laptops are a meme imho senpai

Yes latex is the preferred apparel of homosexuals.

t. too dumb for markup

Memes
Seriously I like to draw all my memes myself.
Adds a layer of authenticity and hand crafted beauty that does not come with paint or mememakers

Doodling.

Situations where a full-size keyboard isn't available.

Also drawings, diagrams, maps...

Also things I need to know at any time without having to resort on a phone which is dependant on battery life.

Also stuff I hand over to people. Spiral notebook > everything.

In fact, in 2017, pretty much everything aside from communicating with people, and long work documents. Everything else is on paper. Which sometimes makes me wonder if paper could maybe pick up again thanks to some technological advancement. There's so much more I'd like to do with paper, starting with the ability to quickly print/copy stuff on the go.

Taking notes during lecture including watching lectures on the computer.

Drawing diagrams because I cannot into draw.io quickly.