Is the playstore useless?

so, i recently got a smart phone after avoiding having one from a very long time, so....i'm basically learning from zero to use this thing.
The thing is, i searched for actual useful apps and a i found a decent programing course(SoloLearn), stuff for learning other languages and some calculators but....is that it? is that all the useful stuff i can get? i was expecting more gadgets and useful things but i didn't find anything especial
Do you know any useful apps? like things that can actually be useful in real life?

TL;DR
Do you know any apps that are actually useful ??

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

try Grindr

what is that?

forget about it, google told me the anwser...

L o l. I like dark sky for weather. But honestly ima phone scrub too, interested to see what Sup Forums has to say besides the usual hazing replies

>Do you know any apps that are actually useful ??
I hear good things about an app called Google Play

>he fell for the smartphone meme

Apps are a meme. Get apps for sites/services you use, or dumb games. There are no good "standalone" or "learning" apps

f-droid

I like Google Keep, and Inbox (better than Gmail app). I really don't use apps except for shit like Spotify

Thanks!

mobile apps == mobile ads
everything in there is made to rip you off of your $
the only reason to use a phone is for job interviews/calling people. Everything else is data mining+ads+more spyware.

Play Store, including its """curated""" and """editor approved""" shit is way worse than an Asian bootleg software shop.

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software
If you want you can apps with actual in-real life utility you might want to download some dumb ruler and compass app.

yes

Flash Lineage OS without GApps

worst advice ever

Whenever I sift through the appstore it feels like looking through piratebay, like a minefield trying to avoid some spyware virus shit

The app store is terrible. I can never find decent games on it and there's no way of sorting apps by things like rating.

And rating is not too reliable either. Also the absurd amount of paid skins and such that don't really work. I don't want to pay 2 dollars to a faggot that put a picture of something that looks different from what I got.

True.

>Do you know any useful apps? like things that can actually be useful in real life?
Waze is a fucking godsend. Tells you where cops are, where traffic is, what's causing traffic, etc. It's social media meets google maps. all reports are user-reported. It once helps me avoid a section of highway because a tractor trailer was on fire.

>Package disabler
>Bank app
>decent file manager
>flud for torrents
>SimpleSystemMonitor

>flud for torrents
my nigga

I downloaded grindr when it first came out. They let you pick your screen name so I picked MeOnTop so everyone would know I was going to beat the game. I uploaded a shirtless picture for intimidation. Instantly I got multiple challenges from guys all over the city but there is a distance meter so you know how far the people are. I picked the closest guy. Instantly he wanted to meet up so I asked him how he likes to get down. The guy replied,"I sucks but I do like to swordfight." Damn I thought this guy is pretty hard core. I asked how big his sword was and he said 8 inches, which is more of a dagger or knife. I told him to come over and we would do it. He showed up and i was getting ready to kick his ass when he started taking off his clothes. I found out grindr is a gay hook up app, so I let him suck my dick and then deleted the faggot ass app.

And for keks
>ipcam for l33t spying
>gmon for wardriving
>gameboy emulator for pokemans

uninstall that and play services

install f-droid

use amazon store for paid applications(helps to fight the google monopoly)

plus the amazon store has way less permissions and the majority of them can be spoofed to not allow esculation of priv

where as google play store has control over all of your hardware from gapp services

AfterShip notifies me each time an upcoming package moves, and tells me in what days can I expect it to arrive

Bank apps because browser based bank shit is atrocious and it's just easier to have that information on my phone

Google keep because it has a nice UI and useful functions, also sync

Ebay and other sales apps so I can know if someone bought my shit

Social shit so I can keep in touch with friends and family everywhere I go

Alarm clock for obvious reasons

Blackplayer Ex, Lyrics grabber and Simple Last FM Scrobbler to fill my Sup Forums needs

Microsoft Word and Office Lens for school purposes

Weather timeline so I can know the weather with a nice widget

Google translator, specially its photo translation feature so I can know what the fuck is going on in my japanese eroge games

Zingbox to follow my favorite degenerate loli manga

Rofl

I really wished this was true.