IPad vs Android: Longevity

Lifelong Android user considering buying an iPad Pro 10.5". I read that the Google Pixel (similarly priced) will be supported for at least the next two years - though support != speed/stability.

What would be the expected lifetime of a new iPad? To a tolerable amount of hiccups.

I work at a university that circulates iPads to students. We are getting a few New iPads this year, but right now our main circulating iPad is the iPad Air 1 that was released in 2013. It runs iOS 10 just as snappy as if it was brand new, and will be getting upgraded to iOS 11, taking it through to 2018, meaning it has at least a 5-year support cycle. I think you could expect the same from most iPads going forward.

iOS devices are going to be updated for longer. The thing is, Android devices work alright without being updated, and the updates themselves are less forced - some updates have been hard in iOS devices.

Things might be different for the Google Pixel line though, as Google is trying to be more Apple-like now.

Right now, I'd go for the iPad Pro.

>lagPad
lmao

My boss still uses an iPad 2, still works good enough.

That iPad is older than you.

Poo in the fucking loo Ranjeet.

Do it, I got an iPad Air first gen, it's like 3 years old and still getting the latest updates, solid performance with no lags and battery still lasting 10 hours. I'm amazed.

You won't find a 3 year old Android tablet running the latest Android. Also, iOS apps are years ahead compared to tablet Android apps.

>life long android user
Underage ban

iPads shit the bed about a year after release, just in time for the latest model to be released! What a coincidence!

I've been using my iPad Air 2 since 2014 and it's still running great, even on iOS 11 dev beta 2

>tolerable amount of hiccups
>lagPad

Pick one.

2 rupees have been deposited in your Apple evangelism account Pajeet.

>tfw my shitdroid SGS7 started randomly powering off now that the 8 is out
Gooks are truly the Jews of the Asians.

>iPad without touch id

nice 5 year old device

>iOS 6

at least ask reddit to update your memes before you copy them

iPad is the only decent tablet left apparantly. Apple won that battle. I can't even find android tablets in some stores anymore.

/lgbt/

why do pajeets post the same thing on every thread about apple, it's sad

>lagPad
>decent

Good joke.

because they have no real arguments to make so they can only spam

I have an Android phone from 2012, a Galaxy S3, and an iPad from 2012, an iPad 4. Officially, the iPad just got its last update, and the S3 got its last ages ago. Unofficially, I haven't used an official update since like July 2012 and the S3 is still LineageOS updates.

As far as performance, they're pretty close. definitely does happen sometimes. Multitasking is quicker on the S3, and its better at keeping apps and browser tabs loaded in RAM. iPad wins on browser scrolling smoothness. Otherwise app performance is about on par.

The Pixel C is kind of old so I wouldn't get that. Problem is, there aren't really any Android tablets I would want over it either. Not sure how Android tablet apps are these days, but the last time I used my HP TouchPad with CyanogenMod they were pretty lacking. If I was buying a new Tablet today (and I'm not) I'd probably go for an iPad Pro, honestly.

>OP asking about longevity
>complain that people are talking about old devices

>complain that people are talking about old devices

Because there's a difference between 32 bit devices from 2011 with 512mb ram and 64 bit devices in 2017 with 4gb

Fuck off shitskin pajeet.

I have an iPad mini 2. It came out in 2013 and will get iOS 11 when it comes out. That´s 5 years worth of updates.

The webm´s in this thread are older devices with 32-bit architecture. That´s simply not the case with the newer 64-bit devices (everything after iPad 4).

Buy a cheap chinkphone with lineage os rom available