pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

keyclack.com/groupbuy/pbt9009
kbdfans.myshopify.com/products/tina-keyboard-60
youtube.com/watch?v=hBFAyHJ6Gjg
youtube.com/watch?v=90BHVXZrKG4
aliexpress.com/item/top-printed-pbt-keycaps-uk-layout-iso-oem-profile-for-usb-gaming-mechanical-keyboard/32804826300.html
7bit.info/algol/index.html
aliexpress.com/item/Gray-Beige-Mixed-YMDK-Cherry-Profile-ANSI-104-Dye-Sub-Thick-PBT-Smooth-Feeling-Keycap-For/32813072835.html
kbdfans.myshopify.com/products/enjoypbt-blank-keycaps-117keys
kbdfans.myshopify.com/products/tada68-mechanical-keyboard-gateron-swtich-65-layout-dye-sub-keycaps-cherry-profils
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are those EnjoyPBT or Tada68 + custom mods on the keycap set?

keyclack.com/groupbuy/pbt9009

Ugh learning how to touch type is hard m0n

>HHKB layout case (Viper Killer)
>$159.00
Thanks KBDFans

kbdfans.myshopify.com/products/tina-keyboard-60

what does touch typing even mean
can't literally everyone do that?

it means typing without looking at the keyboard.

and no, your average normie can't do that. most people hunt and peck.

type without looking at the keyboard, and it's best to use proper form, meaning that you use 4 fingers on each hand and 1 or 2 of your thumbs, and both shift keys (left shift when pressing a right hand side key, right shift when pressing a left hand side key)

Normie this day and age know. I'm only 20 and we learned that in grade school and I went to a small

I call bullshit, I work with grade schoolers and the majority of them can barely use a keyboard at all, I frequently have to point out the location of keys for them because otherwise they'll never get anything done.

But your average "norman" is someone working in an office in front of a computer and they type, really, really fast.

you are legit a retard, that user said he was 20, do you not think things could've changed in 10+ years?

Mate I've been to offices. They're mostly filled with middle-aged people that are still getting to grips with the very concept of computers and type slower than anyone while squinting at the keyboard to figure out what it says.

why is /r/mechmarket so autistic and overpriced?

they teach it in grade school but that doesn't mean people will take it seriously and actually learn it. in fact when i was a kid i just bullshitted it with a very poor technique that still passed the typing speed test

You actually got tested on it? In my day they just said "yeah, do the tutorials in this typing program" and left you to your own devices. No-one actually did it and there were no consequences.

actually i don't think we got tested by the teacher and the software just had a built in test and we just played around with it and the teacher didn't check it or anything

I'm a lazy fuck, so asking here. Anyone know a decent entry level full sized MKB with a good detachable wrist rest and media buttons? Or just volume control is fine. Preferably not a christmas tree or gamer faggotry-- I was eyeing the corsair k70 but it looks retarded. Logitech G610 looks fine, but is missing the wrist rest.

anyone knows how do i macro my tada68 in the chink applet?

i found the macro maker part, fn key with the selector on the bottom option, i can even record my macros but they dont seem to play when i flash my keybs
thanks in advance

If you spend a lot of time on the computer, chances are you can type blind without having learned some meme method.

yes but it should look more like this
youtube.com/watch?v=hBFAyHJ6Gjg
than this
youtube.com/watch?v=90BHVXZrKG4

is it normal to experience pain on the wrist while learning how to touch type? My arms are lifted and my wrist are elevated because of my arms.

At my school they had these things that would cover the keyboard so you couldn't see the lettering on the keys

full size?
what do you need a tkl for, goy?
perhaps a 65% would fit you, so i recommend tada68

How's the Filco Majestouch 2?

Why don't just buy additional wrist rest instead?

But be warned, if you don't like Christmas tree DON'T BUY G610. That keyboard doesn't have on-board memory and it will flash wave of LED at MAXIMUM BRIGHTNESS everytime your start up your PC.

How about Ducky One instead?

Bought a mechanical keyboard of ebay for 15 dollars. It actually has cherry switches. Whats the scam here?

I can do that but I only use like 2 fingers. Am I still touch typing?

>still no holographic, lenticular, iridescent, shiny or animated keycaps

why are keyboard keks so unimaginitive and bland?
where are the amazing keyboard designs, the new concept key shapes and layouts, its just D U M B that we're stuck with this piece of shit rectangle filled with square clickers. I'm not talking about those faggy keyboards split in half with a vague curve on them - I need some R E A L innovation.

Your all so dumb and I'm so smart its making me mad

>animated
There are the Optimus line of keyboards, which have tiny OLED screens in every key which can display any image or video file the user desires.

gay

>Artisan Keycap

Not much. You can get surplus cherry g80s with the best ABS keycaps ever made for 20 bucks

>holographic, lenticular, iridescent, shiny or animated keycaps
that would look like shit lol. the appeal of fancy keycap sets is in large part to the quality and thickness of the material. it serves a functional purpose, thick keycaps feel better to use and the texture on pbt plastic lasts practically forever. but look at artisan keycaps and custom print services. they're going to do custom dye sub and not just pad print.

Which Ducky would you recommend? Not sure what's available in Nordic layout though. Even non-red switches for a lot of manufacturers and models seem to not be in stock anywhere.

For aftermarket wrist rests, from what I've found that's easilly available where I live they mostly seem your typical "flat" and soft rests which I've tried and not liked-- I'd prefer a slanted hard surface. Mostly because of what I'm used to over the years but also my elbows are below the keyboard so having a natural slanted place for the palm is nice to keep my wrist properly straight.

That's too bad about the G610 lights, I actually like the plain aesthetic direction Logitech has been going with their more recent lineups. Why does fucking everything need lights nowadays? Even a budget mobo I ordered a while ago has retarded wavy ricer leds in it.

The lights make your keyboard go faster.

Thoughts on the Fuhlen SM680R? It seems comfy and decent for the price.

Toughts on Velocifire TKL01? I'm on a very tight budget but I want to buy a mechanical keyboard. This is also the first time I'm purchasing one.

trash

No, not really

Why do they look like shit?

Any alternatives in the same pricerange? Drevo Tyrfing perhaps? Ajazz AK33?

Zorro switches aren't the best, but at that price you can't expect a lot I suppose.

What are the cheapest TKL keyboards one can buy? Preferably with EU layouts. They don't have to be real mechanical switches.

>premium doubleshot ABS
>$130

Because people are retarded

hello,
hhkb fag here

has anything comfier or better to type on come out in the last year?
no?
heh, thought so

regards,

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

what if you actually need to write code isn't this a pain in the ass?

git gud

He uses a bluetooth membrane keyboard now.

Yeah, the TADA68 came out

i cant understand how can you guys code without delete, end, home and arrows

Most programmers do. I see the microsoft wireless 7000 being used a lot and the 4000 wired variant

That keycap set is not labelled properly, normally the \| key above enter is delete on a hhkb.

Home, end and arrows are on a function layer though.

Something better came out in the 80s. Its called the IBM 4704

Ducky has a dedicated nordic brand that only sells keyboards exclusively to Scandinavian countries. Just buy from one of the several retailers you guys have.

>bright colors
Fag indeed

I'm trying to replicate this keyboard but with a few more keys. What keycaps and switches should I buy?

an option is to buy any ISO layout keyboard (set the language in your operating system) from germany/uk/china and these keycaps:
aliexpress.com/item/top-printed-pbt-keycaps-uk-layout-iso-oem-profile-for-usb-gaming-mechanical-keyboard/32804826300.html

or get an ANSI layout keyboard and use swerty or a similar layout

SA retro if you want to go full autism. For that layout ALGOL is your best option
7bit.info/algol/index.html

Are Kailh Speeds good?

Yes
>Inb4 someone links to the kailh sponsored review praising them.

>ISO layout

Does anyone else often switch between two or more of their keyboards? I have two, one black in color and black as in switches and one white in color and blue as in switches.
So I switch back and fourth. The black is nice and heavy key strokes with PBT keys and matches my mouse. The white board doesnt match shit but the blues feel really good and I can never decide which I like more.
I feel like I'm being retarded and should maybe just sell one of the two or something.

I hate asking this but is there a keyboard that isn't the fucking Razer Ornata that feels similar? I can't support them in good conscience but that switch is amazing. :/

Is that the "mem-chanical"?
Try the Plum keyboards on aliexpress, they come in 84 key(pic related) layout, 87, and full. Should be similar enough but you should just buy a cheap board with gateron blacks and another cheapo with gateron blues.
Gotta have tactile AND linear

Why is it so hard to find keycaps that look like those? Not the gear ones, the regular shiny blue keys.
They look like porcelain and I really want to try them but I went through literally every keycap on ali and none of them matched.
It seems to be the most aesthetic cap.

go on reddit's mech keyboard trading thing and sell a kidney for some sa pulse

or just beg maxkey in china to steal the colours

do you mean the topre clone plum boards? the razer ornata switches are actually super clicky and topre isn't clicky at all

yeah it's not just the clicky part, i LOVE the fact they "pop" back. i think it's only possible with a membrane but i'm not sure. or even a really stiff spring that i haven't experienced yet.

maybe something with blue switches and 2mm thick o-rings

if you put a thick rubber o-ring underneath the keycap it will be a bit similar, could try 2.5mm but it might be too thick. blue switches are usually 2mm before activation and 2mm after activation (4mm total travel) so with 2.5mm you would compress the o-ring before activation. but o-rings aren't too expensive to experiment with

it's not a perfect match but you could try dyeing these like blue alphas and black modifiers or something

aliexpress.com/item/Gray-Beige-Mixed-YMDK-Cherry-Profile-ANSI-104-Dye-Sub-Thick-PBT-Smooth-Feeling-Keycap-For/32813072835.html

Ruined the spring on my tab key on my model m and wanna replace it with one from a key I don't need, how do I remove it withouth damaging it ?
Don't wanna buy new ones from unicomp cause shipping is like $15 to where I live.

Finally got around to checking, seems only a few of the the popular web retailers around here have Ducky, with only two models in stock, One and Shine 6. Neither seem to have the features I want, on top of being backlit and kind of pricey.

Maybe I should just forgo aesthetics and go for one of the non-rgb K70s. Or some probably shit smaller Qpad. Seems there's not a lot of choice available. And everything seems to have RGB lighting which I guess adds a premium to the price..

Pull up on the spring and it will pop off the flipper, put the new spring on the end of a small screwdriver e.g. torx and turn the spring and push down on to the flipper. After plenty of tries you should eventually get it perfect.

anyone have an advice on acquiring a keycap set for a g80-3000 (non-standard keyset). If its going to be super expensive, then i'll just wait and build a keyboard

Meant to reply to

So are there any decent artisan caps? I wanna rice my kb but everything seems to be like a skull or an edgy video game/movie character. Bonus points if you can actually type on that keycap after adding it

Are there ways of quieting down rattly cherry stabilizers?
My space and shift keys are really noisy compared to everything else on my keyboard.

Will try, thank you, user.

What pbt keycap set should I get to put on a magiforce 68? I want to get it because of how it looks and for gateron reds, but the stock keycaps look terrible imo. I wouldn't mind if the leds don't shine through

>steal
gb2reddit

Are dsa keycaps any good ? Really wanna get a set to test but don't wanna end up with $60 keycaps i'm never gonna use.

Just get $30 chink knockoffs

Why are costar stabilizers unpopular ? They sound and feel so much better than cherries.

>unpopular

I've always found it difficult to get anything other than costars.

>How's the Filco Majestouch 2?

It's a good high quality keyboard with no gimmicks, but a little bit pricey.

I meant as in people not liking them.

They can be a bit fiddly and annoying to install, and they require a thin plate to clip to. Where as the cherries mount in the same way as key switches.

Here's cheap EnjoyPBT blanks in Cherry profile: kbdfans.myshopify.com/products/enjoypbt-blank-keycaps-117keys

If you want to go for something with legends, you could look at the new Nautilus set on Massdrop for around $100.

They're usually the most popular when it comes to getting good stabs, but people don't like how you have to fuck with the little pegs whenever you swap out keycaps.

they get stuck on thick keycaps

Looking for a mechanical keyboard, what y'all recommend?? P.S. I'm clueless about this shit, I type on a lenovo keyboard at work all day.

>Budget
$150 USD
>Location (continent at least)
Southern United States
>Preferred switch type
I tried mx red / black
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
Would like to go with a 60% but a 80 would be fine
>Backlight
Yes
>Previous/current keyboards
I had a rosewell mx blue keyboard, the r key and the x key stopped working, and currently using on a piece of shit iBuyPower keyboard that I years ago.

tada68
kbdfans.myshopify.com/products/tada68-mechanical-keyboard-gateron-swtich-65-layout-dye-sub-keycaps-cherry-profils

awesome! Thanks!
Know anything about split keyboards? Are they worth it or just get a wristpad?

Where can I get my hands on one of those windows keys?

What's a good board with red switches under $40