What you like about it?

What you like about it?
What you don't like about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Mi-Notebook-Air-13-3-inch-Laptop-Intel-Core-i5-6200U-Dual-Core-2-7GHz-Windows-10-Home-OS-8GB-RAM-256GB-SATA-SSD-FHD-1920-1080-Bluetooth-4-1-WiFi-Backlight-Keyboard---Silver-370494.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What you like about it?
Display
>What you don't like about it?
Everything else.

>what do I like about it
amazing keyboard, trackpoint, legitimate 15 hour battery life on linux, great screen, weighs 2.5 lbs, runs cool
>what don't I like about it
quality control. it's non existent. But they have decent customer service. I'm waiting for my third replacement. First one had loose mouse buttons, second one had a DOA touchpad.

>I'm waiting for my third replacement

what in gods name is lenovo doing

that's the state of buying laptops in 2017. Quality control just doesn't exist. If there were another company that has better quality control I wouldn't have ordered a third time.

Maybe not quality control user. Might be that shipping departments are to blame. I used to work as a forklift op at ceva logistics and shipping electronics was god awful. they stacked like 6 pallets high in the truck. Many pallets just had one box in the center and turned it into a balancing act. We'd pull them off and pray the few on the top didn't topple off (which they did).

Just a normal laptop that breaks apart.

Specs or gtfo out

Same with the Dell XPS 15, absolute shit quality control but amazin computer.

The last company I worked for bought X1 Carbons as the standard laptop. Out of a batch of 25 of the 20BT model, eight had keyboards that broke within a month. We also had the system boards replaced in 50% of the 20A8 models over a two year period because they kept shitting the bed. The battery life was good but that was about it.

BIG
FAT
BEZEL
CHIN

what model year?

T470 with a big external battery is still better

No throttling, still very mobile, about $500 cheaper and can hotswap batteries

I want to buy one but lenovo takes like 2 months to ship a fucking laptop ffs and I need it before this semester, I guess I have to suck apple's dick and buy the 2 port meme.

but why?

geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Mi-Notebook-Air-13-3-inch-Laptop-Intel-Core-i5-6200U-Dual-Core-2-7GHz-Windows-10-Home-OS-8GB-RAM-256GB-SATA-SSD-FHD-1920-1080-Bluetooth-4-1-WiFi-Backlight-Keyboard---Silver-370494.html

>third replacement
>third
Holy fuck. I guess I'll stick with my T400 and X220 for now as my main laptops. No reason to upgrade if I'm going to actually have to use my warranty on it.

Because at that price I would rather pay 500 bucks extra for peace of mind, a better os and way way better resale value. If it was $500 maybe.
I can also go for a refurbished mbp and save some money.
The only alternative for me is the x1 carbon or the xps13 but I don't want to deal with lenovo or dell's customer service.

MBP.

I know everybody likes to meme and shitpost, but I work at a company that's all MBPs, and the quality control is basically perfect. I can't think of one laptop out of the hundreds that have been bought that has been defective in any way.

No, thank you, I'll stick with my T430

No throttling? But T470 has a U processor.

carbon and t470s both throttle, check notebookcheck.net

>Buying the Lenovo iPad.
Shoulda bought a P50 or any XPS or Elitebook

quality control doesn't mean anything if the item isn't useful though, and macbooks aren't.
>shitty chiclet keyboard with no travel
>slow, throttles easily
>no ports
>thinness uber alles
>glossy display

I have a P50, it's ok. I didn't pay for it tho ;-^)

Ugh, 2017 Surface Pro with light bleed. Even the one in Mobiletechreview's unit had light bleed.

Mine's going back to Microsoft when they get new batches in.

you forgot

>actually works

but for pcs, not enough people wan to pay $3000 for laptop. so we get cheap shit. we did it to ourselves.

Everything an ultra book could be is good about it

no downsides

I regretted my XPS 15 over a MBP about 15 minutes in when I had a blue screen.

Why does it have a nipple? Who uses those anymore?

why do you have nipples? Not like anyone uses those.

Good question, and one I don't have an answer for. Still, it doesn't answer mine.

I wish it didn't have the touchpad

>shitty chiclet keyboard with no travel
It's good when you get used
>slow, throttles easily
Completely quiet, unless you are doing heavy gaming or something
>no ports
In future everything will use usb c. Now it still can replace any port with an adaptor
>thinness uber alles
What's wrong with laptop actually being portable?
>glossy display
Still completely visible against window or outside. It's not very reflective, and doesn't have shitty greyscale matte display.

Wrong. It just takes a 5 minute tour of Louis Rossman's channel to show you're full of shit.

Wow it's almost like his business is for repairing broken Macbooks. Watching this channel alone couldn't slant the view at all I'm almost sure of it...

when the things he repairs are simple things like water damage that don't affect other laptops as much, you do start to wonder.

>my old thinkpad has only ever had to have a hard drive replaced and a memory boost from 6gb to 8gb
Feels good not sinking a million into repairs and replacements

Why so he can scare people away from buying Macbooks and thus reducing his level of business?
Really makes me think.

If my company were giving out new MBPs every 2-3 years I might actually be willing to look past the shitty low travel keyboard, massive fucking trackpad, lack of ports, glare inducing screen, overheating internals, and meme status aluminum build and give the machine a fair chance only to end in disappointment.

And GPUs and SMCs dying for no reason because Apple fuck year

Friend of mine got a macbook pro and he hates it. A lot. I've been recommending some meme-tier HP and Dell stuff along with thinkpads and am trying to get him to see that he should have never considered any apple product.

Not the guy you're replying too, but I have/had 2 touchbar MBPs (first was 13in. that I gave to my brother, second was 15in and is my current laptop), the first was back in January. So having used the new keyboard for almost 7 months, I can personally say that I still don't like it. The tactility is nice, but it's ruined by the almost zero travel distance. Also, the tactility goes to shit if you get the tiniest crumb under a key. It was impossible for a self fix on my brother's keyboard.

It's not completely quiet, I've noticed the fans ramping up with as little as 8 tabs of chrome sometimes. I haven't owned another laptop for noise comparison, but to say that it's completely quiet under light usage is wrong.

Though I know that USB-C is the future, for a device so expensive, adapters ought to have been included. Besides there are plenty of portable laptops with ports. It's not really worth sacrificing functionality for such a minor gain to portability.

And I don't know about you, but I kinda find the screen to be annoyingly glossy. Nothing major, I still love the display, but I'm often peeved when watching dark scenes.

chink itoy clone

this or mac Sup Forums

I still use the X61 and the X61s.

Consistently making Louis Rossman life a nightmare isnt hard.
I am pretty sure that the RS4 had good quality control.
>inb4 this engine is perfectly justifiable if you are an autistic concrete salesman in Germany.

Got the x1 carbon, battery life for me is shit. I might do 6 hours on it. Atleast it quickcharges.

What was the error? If it was software related, who cares. Put GNU on it.

This.

They're an objectively better form of input. I hate trackpads. Once you try it you won't be able to go back.

I ordered one a week ago and the (((post office))) lost it