Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/33753221/dan-cases-a4-sfx-v2-an-ultra-compact-sff-case
youtube.com/watch?v=ALgxTCEgqqw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

all the way, OP.

Full then?

Don't give yourself limits full

microATX
its so stupid having this huge large case next to me when half its size would be more than enough

But the potentials

I was also told I had a lot of potential, only to end up in a shitty dead-end job.

I was an mITX case all along.

That s because your scare to push you limits and don't wanna try harder. Stop doing things that come easy for you and start doing the things that don't any. And you will see the potentials.

YOU DAMN KIDS AND YOUR MINI ITX BABY COMPUTERS! BACK IN MY DAY A FULL TOWER MEANT THAT FUCKER WAS ALMOST AS TALL AS YOU WERE AND WEIGHED TWICE AS MUCH

what? for what?

mini ITX is what most experienced builders go for
they are expensive, stylish, rare and powerful

What case is this

The only reason I didn't go itx back when I built my Haslel build was because I needed 4 ram slots for 32GB ram and 6 sata ports.

m-atx is feature wise mature enough for me these days that I'm probably going to go m-atx instead of full atx on my next build.

While Ryzen is enticing, their ITX boards are appalling and even M-ATX B350 boards from MSI mostly only have 4 fucking sata ports.

And motherboards have wifi included

>caselets

Big ass tower

Full towers are stupid big
MATX is best, MITX takes a lot of planning and compromises

my p400 is good

Any half decent microatx case that isn't some shitty gimmick trash with zero airflow, I went from a $80 Fractal case to a cheap $20 chinese thing and my temps improved, fuck good looking, poor performing meme cases.

Wrong.

Get such a small case that you can barely shoehorn your liquid cooler's tubes around the power supply and video card.

Get a big enough case for some decent separation and air flow but not so large that you could also use it as a bookcase.

Love the minimalist look of these cooler masters, just wish it didn't have that shit emblem on the front

Mid tower unless you know you are going to need lots of space.

Totally depends on what your planning on doing...

I have a bitfenix prodigy M with an i7 4790k, phanteks cooler, RM 650, gtx 970, and 8gb DDR3, and a Creative Audigy titanium card.

It's great for portability taking it to a lan party or three (used to have a storm scout V1 with a handle which was cool)

But Theres no upscaling this tower... This weekend I wanted to clone two hard drives and I had to pull apart my machine to actually access the sata ports, and had NO room for adding a rail on my modular PSU due to the design. Had to pull my video card to do something basic.

I'm going to end up building either a midtower or going full tower, with a full ATX mobo. more ports, more availability. Portability sucks but it all depends on what you do with it.

I really love the look of the corsair 760t. I've done a few builds with them for clients and like the way they look, but they have very little in regard to 5.25 bays

rec me a good inexpensive matx case?

thinking about copping a cm 352 silencio but worried about cooling.

I absolutely need a dvd player slot,

kickstarter.com/projects/33753221/dan-cases-a4-sfx-v2-an-ultra-compact-sff-case

yacht

wanted to go mini for my last build, but ended up mid, as always

card board box

just get an eeepc

mid tower:

>bareable size
>comfortable fixing and plugging/unplugging
>no need to overthink about components because it has actual space
>no temps issues

You have to search for good though, it's easy to get trapped with a poorly engineered case.
If it costs more than 50$ it's just an overpriced meme, that's an evergreen rule.

>If it costs more than 50$ it's just an overpriced meme, that's an evergreen rule.
who made this rule up?

not the LEDs squad made of underage autistic queers called "gamers"

mATX is the sweet spot.

Full is too wasteful on space and mITX needs a lot of planning for everything to go right.

I see no reason to have anything larger than ATX.
>SLI is limited to 2 cards
>still has 4 ram slots
>Wifi USB is good enough (might be better b/c of portability for diagnostic or cranky linux laptop)
>raid cards / sata expansion should be reserved for dedicated NAS in a seperate room unless you hate your ears
>expansion cards are 1x, as are capture cards
>5.25 bays are useless except fan controller, which can be controlled by software. If noise is a huge issue for your production (like voice acting / mic'd music) then be smart and run your mic to a different room
>5.25 DVD players are useless b/c external works almost as good and are more portable.
>cooling is going to be slightly worse, but water cooling is still doable, and unless u have a fucked ambient temp, fucked fan air flow, a fucked chinesium case, and a fucked extreme overclock, you'll never have a problem b/c modern GPUs and CPUs don't exhaust heat and burn like they used to
>Fatass PSUs (EVGA Supernovas) aren't a problem b/c nothing needs anything more than 750w
You have to have very specific needs to justify disregard mATX or lower. You know you best though and im just some fag

I have all three here with me.

Mini
- Difficult to work with. Takes the most time and effort for installing stuff/cable management, as well as needing a bit of extra research to ensure compatibility.
+ Takes least amount of room. Easiest to move around. Best for aesthetic desktops.

Mid
- No cons
+ Cheap

Full
- Huge. Heavy. Pricey. Dominates the desktop, and thus can look ugly.
+ Easiest to work with. Best airflow and temps. No worries about compatibility with anything.

mITX was fun to put together. Had to do some minor jury rigging but no complaints so far. Has been a year already...

Modular PSU will make your life easier. I did not want to make my life easy yet i still managed tucking the cables neatly. Ymmv.

Is there a definition that separates between tiers, or is it a subjective thing?

I have a Mastercase 5, which I would consider a very large mid tower, but it only fits a 240mm top rad.

Got the one in pic, mini
I covered it

>tfw industry does not want to implement internal airtight airducts to supply air directly to radiators without dust getting on fucking everything

>not using an altair 8800

youtube.com/watch?v=ALgxTCEgqqw

Unless needs state otherwise or you don't want to limit yourself, a mid tower is fine. Most components fit inside mid towers with room to spare these days anyway.