Is this garbage still the best thing to throw on a family PC?

Is this garbage still the best thing to throw on a family PC?

what would a fidget spinner do on a PC exactly?

It just werks

>using malware to protect yourself from malware

I once took a look at recorded detection rates over the years of various top AV software, and while Avast wasn't always at the top, it was always the most consistent, and within the top 3.

Paid is a different story, however, and I don't really remember which one won that one.

A family account without administrative capabilities that is unable to install new software coupled with an ad blocker on a browser is sufficient enough. They, as in operating system, ad blocker and web browser, need to have the capability of self-updating.

Sophos is you dumb faggot

it's more like an obnoxious warning sign telling retards they're about to do something retarded, so they don't do it.

Use sandboxie, too.

No, that would be Gentoo

+1, once you flip it to silent mode (which is an absolute must after they went for the orange style years back before it was just that simple one you saw in Animator vs Animation 2), it's set it and forget it.

its more so old people in my family don't click stupid shit i also install ad block

Why don't people just give up on AV meme and embrace that free preinstalled M$ thing...

Have to agree, they've made great strides over the years. Silent mode really is the cherry on top of the cake, the performance hit is next to nothing and I haven't been notified about anything in like six months, it's fantastic.

The preinstalled shit uses more resources and performs worse than Avast, installing Avast disables it thus squeezing a bit more performance out of low end/older systems.

Not everyone uses the latest Windows

The company I work for just did testing of a multitude of vendors to include into our UTM device. We found Bitdefender was the best for a few reasons, the biggest being better performance but also 92% detection rate. Pretty impressive compared to what we used to use AVG's 53%.

That said, Common Sense 2017 is the best protection out there.

Yes. because they're the only ones still creating virus en mass

I've always just put malwarebytes and used the default windows defender, never had any problems.

If you don't mind it acting as a https proxy and installing a root certificate to effectuate itself as Man In The Middle agent, then it's ok.

This user is right. Bitdefender is the next best thing after CommonSense 2017 Enterprise Edition