AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH*WHEEZES*HAHAHAHHAHAHA

do you need your inhaler

Get it just in case

>works fine for actual work
>bbys gayming benchmark not the absolute highest ever
>somewhat cheaper
Truly the end of AMD

everyone knows these things are used for pirating currency

Unless it offers massively better hashing performance than the RX cards nobody is going to want them for that either, miners are attracted to the redundant nature of lots of less power hungry, efficient cards.

I'm sitting comfortably on an rx480

I don't think I'll realistically care for another 10 years

Why haven't you sold your RX480 while you still can? They'll be back in stock soon and yours will likely drop hundreds of dollars in value.

it's for gaming you absolute spergmeister.

AMD had released two gaming performance video's of Vega so far already and they both showed it in between the 1070 and the 1080.

Ofcourse AMD fanboys on Sup Forums insisted on claiming it would beat the 1080ti and that it was a driver issue and now they are saying 'this isn't a gaming card'.

Just wait until RX vega comes, it is only 10% faster than this. And uses a fuckton more power than it's competitors. Then they will claim that this was the plan all along.

And keep in mind, Pascal has been on the market for over a year now.

We should just agree that competition in the high end gpu segment is dead

Incorrect. Most gamers use gtx 1060 which this I'd far better than and amds offering for that price segment will probably be a better price/performance deal

you obviously don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about, sorry pajeet, but your gaming gpu is a shit

Because maybe I don't feel like it and want to be autistic about my rx480 and I want the reference card but I'm stuck with a strix version

Well if you want the reference one so bad I'd say just sell it, don't wanna be stuck with a card you aren't 100% happy with and could make you some money. Strix is like the highest end 480 on the market, you're looking at a pretty penny for that.

remember
>37fps
after this amd no longer showd fps counter

I got it for like 250 or some shit

I don't even care if it's the highest end, I just want my autism of aesthetics satisfied. Like fuck why can't I have nice cards and good performance.

Nvidiot detected

This is what happens when you bench it next to GAMING GRAPHICS CARDS out of the gate.

If they had done those compute benchmarks against workstation cards then they wouldn't be in this mess but they put it up against gaming cards and now everyone is confused.

so what ? they are releasing a GPU for miners so gamers can continue buying their other GPU at a normal price ?

>amd producing gpu
>aimed at gamers, doing gaming benchmarks etc.
>turns out it's utter shit
>costs more than a 1080ti, performs as well as a 1070
>b-but it's f-for mining!

it fucking isn't for mining, it isn't for "serious work for serious people" it's for chucklefucks like you who don't mind paying through the nose for inferior technology with shitty drivers.

if you want a workstation card, get a quadro, if you want a gaming card, get a gtx, if you want to be a cockend, get a vega.

>benchmarking a prosumer workstation card for gaming

seriously, why is the 'gaming' industry so dumb

RX Vega when?

They did the same thing when ryzen came out.

Then why does it even have a gaming driver? How come Nvidia gaming cards do compute just fine but AMD workstation cards of similar cost can't do gaming?

>gaming driver

AMD is allowing it aren't they? I remember when the compute benches came out AMD was blocking gaming benchmarks. Now that we are getting gaming benchmarks they must have lifted the NDA on it.

>1070 PERFORMANCE AT TITAN Xp PRICES

The card is out, as in being sold. Can't have a NDA with every sold card.

The only way they could have avoided this was releasing the gaming version first.

The gaming press and their fans are so retarded.

AMD has been better at compute for a long time. Why do you think AMD cards are so popular among miners? Just because of the price? It's because they are really good at compute for their price. They kick the shit out of a similarly priced Nvidia card when it comes to compute.
It's because they use smaller compute units than Nvidia which allows them to parallelize a lot more simple compute tasks, but when it comes to gaming more units need to work to complete a task that a single Nvidia unit does.

"Workstation" card without CUDA--fat chance!

You AMDfags are seriously fucked in the head. We all know drivers are missing, which will improve performance to 1080 performance levels. Why you are defending AMD for giving you that much performance one year later, is psychotic. Vega sucks. And Navi will suck because of it.

only two numbers that matter are hashrate/watt and hashrate/purchase price

Thats gaming mode which does nothing currently.

They specially nerfed the gaming performance of the graphics card, so gaymurs don't buy it and they can increase their presence in the workstation market. What about that is so hard for you nvidiot's to understand?

Incorrect. It shows cursor.

Then why was it sold out before ROCm driver was even released? If you advertise its gaming capabilities don't come cry me a river when it doesn't live up to gaymers' expectations.

Raja said multiple times that you CAN game on it but if you want GAYMING you're better wait for RX.

>trusting a poo in loo

>barely stronger than a 1070

lmao

what i dont understand is how the rx "vega" will magically be faster

>judging something that is not out yet