Miner gets btfo

LOL

Other urls found in this thread:

seattletimes.com/business/uw-study-finds-seattles-minimum-wage-is-costing-jobs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>mining anything other than Vertcoin
Fool.

most i feel end up like that, killing GPUs. the real winners are rolling kn the cryptocoins

more like
>idiot who wanted to be a miner gets btfo

not buying some coins for all the money and speculating; at least your not wasting electricity

>Invest $3000 on something without properly researching ANYTHING

Woah, typical buttcoin pyramid scheme victim.

>expecting hyper marketers to be honest
lol

>spent 3k on retarded bullshit
>"wtf am I doing wrong"

Speaking of which holy shit, the difficulty literally doubled, it was 7K at this time yesterday and now it's 14K.

go repost ur reddit shit somewhere else
that isnt even funny, dudes a complete moron

yo here's an easy lifehack for getting money:

get a fucking job

ah yes I love this service economy where the only available jobs are minimum wage

then make your own way and don't complain if it doesn't work
it's quite fucking literally your prerogative to do your own actions, and if you do the wrong thing, misguided or not, it is the consequence of yourself

so stop bitching, twat, i worked minimum wage as well and saved up while basically starving myself and living in a rundown shack for years and i gained enough to start investing

guess where i am now? not fucking poor anymore

bitcoin confuses me. I had some when they were worth 20 for playing poker. Accidentally had some left when they skyrocketed and sold at 400 and made a couple grand. I kind of want to buy back in, but it just reeks to high heaven. everytime i try to educate myself on bitcoin, there are so many thousands of motherfuckers online shilling them... and you know there is some fucking jew in the desert with 10,000 supercomputers just cranking this shit out... i know real money is a scam but this just seems shady as fuck. plus, we all know what people can do to manipulate the value of shit. again, i'm no financial guy but bitcoin seems like a fucking trap

The only thing you should be worried about is people doing a 51% attack on bitcoin and increasing the total coin supply.

That's something I could see happening in a couple decades. Damned jews and their inflationary monetary policies

>why won't anyone give me free money for just existing
>why do I have to work to get somewhere in life

It almost certainly is. Don't feel bad you didn't make any real money off them, no real person ever has. It may have started off as a good idea but like 90% of the currency is owned by the Chinese mafia nowadays, it pays to sell the shit to gullible idiots.

The promise of building a free money machine seems to attract a lot of boneheads.

hello baby boomer

the only difference between your generation and mine is that you guys actually got paid for your hard work

>be baby boomer
>"BACK IN MY DAY MY FIRST JOB WAS 5 DOLLARS AN HOUR AND I WORKED HARD FOR IT"
>5 dollars in 1970 is $34 an hour in 2017

It's like these retarded boomers don't realize that women entering the workforce cut wages in half and then globalization, offshoring, and a transition to a service economy slashes wages even more. Don't argue with these retards

the good news is the only jobs left in 2040 are going to be in nursing homes
hope you old cunts like the taste of boogers and cum. that or we'll just soylent you when the retirement fund gets cleaned out lmao

>baby boomer
But I was born in the 90s. And somehow I'm already at over six figure net worth with nothing but my own work.

shut up, retards

Stop, you'll upset these jobless cunts that don't seem to realise more people than ever have degrees and that's the real reason people can't make bank anymore.

Maybe if these idiots spent less time blaming everyone else for the situation they're in and instead spent that time improving themselves/their work ethic they'd be able to compete with the thousands of other degree owners they're going up against nowadays.

This

>be boomer
>walk into shop
>can i hab job
>ok
>be me
>walk into shop
>uhhh u need to apply online
>first thing i see on their website is some shit about being an equal opportunity employer
>need to submit resume and 3 different social media accounts in order to even get an interview
>just to get some loser job stocking shelves overnight

People shouldn't have to compete just to fucking live. This whole mindset is cancer

Without competition there's is no progress.

Minimum wage jobs are dime a dozen, postgraduate jobs aren't. Degrees are an investment, not a magical right to earn more money. If you are unhappy with how shit minimum wage is I suggest you vote for whichever politician is seeking to improve it in your country.

If you're going to invest $3k into a cryptocurrency then why not just use that money to buy the currency itself, you're far more likely to make a profit and over a much shorter period of time.

constant competition in all aspects of your life does not make for a healthy country and social cohesion. job competetion was fine when the economy good and it was healthy competetion between two or more competetnt people trying to get a promotion or some shit

but this ""competetion"" in 2017 is some developing-country tier bullshit where a bunch of people are fighting over literal scraps. baby boomers got paid the equivalent of 60K today walking out of high school and had to compete to make 6 figures

milennials have to compete for fucking starbucks jobs

if you cant see the difference vs competing for valuable rewards in a healthy economy vs competing for scraps in a regressing 2nd world economy then you're dumb

>being THIS buttmad
Ohh user

I thought this fucking social media on an application was a meme until I saw one with lines for Facebook Twitter and LinkedIn.

I left them blank but I turned the rest in. Didn't get the job but luckily my previously employer saw they made a huge mistake and took me back.

This is terrifying shit to me.

Thanks, grandpa.

great argument

Driving minimum wage up isn't going to improve anything. It's just going to mean employers can afford to hire less people.

fuck off libtard, there's no use explaining it to you

you're right I guess I should accept my future where my country is fighting over scraps

I love how man children gets all mad at miners for not letting them play video games.

I don't think that's the solution either, although I can see how you'd infer that from what I typed. Maybe I should have said 'the cost of living' instead. We're at an interesting point right now where big companies want total automation but the tech isn't quite there yet, naturally companies are less ready to hire people they plan on keeping for the next 20-30 years as a result. Automation and universal income will eventually solve these issues, until then I suggest we all just learn to deal with the shit situation we're in, we can't alter it, dubious 'investments' like BTC and it's retarded offspring aren't a get rich quick scheme. Statistically you're better off buying a lottery ticket than converting your real money into funbux.

Maybe if you're a useless piece of shit with no skills or education of any value

Everybody knows you can't make money mining. I don't know who these idiots are that think otherwise. Asics barely break even before they become worthless. GPU's are even worse.

This, wish this bloody meme would die. The only reason chinks love BTC so much is because in certain areas of the country they don't have to pay for electricity/get exceptionally good rates.

If you really care about it then study about it until you're completely sick of it. Someone that gets rich by basically gambling on shit like this won't stay rich for long anyway.

The solution is to work as a contractor on short ~6 month contracts, keeping your expenses down and making solid investments. You can earn more on a 6 month contract than doing the same job in a full time salaried position. Also if you're on an hourly contract management doesn't want you to slave away overtime every day because it costs them extra. And because working as a contractor pays so well you can easily take few months off between contracts if you feel like taking some time off. 10 to 15 years of working and you'll have enough money to never have to work again and can retire on some tropical island.

or you could just graduate, have a decent education and find a good job

There are so many ways to make money off this gold rush wave it isn't even funny.

Ethereum was supposed to switch to Proof of Stake like, many many months ago. I was involved in it early on when it was like $8 for 1 ETH. The whole thing doesn't make much sense to me anymore.

Yeah, like having bought a ton of polaris cards or even pascal cards before the scarcity. Easy 50% markup in some cases to these desperate idiots that think they can make money mining at home. The real winners are the ones buying the dips and selling hardware to useful idiots.

None of which include actually mining, unless you live in a third world country.

>non
>physical
>(((( c u r r e n c y ))))

What a tard haha.

This. I carry gold around whenever I need to buy something;

>investing any money at all in mining
you should only mine if you have free power and you already have the hardware (or were planning in buying it anyways for gaming)

This is a meme.
Minimum wage is a common good.

If you've heard of the tragedy of the commons, that's what no minimum wage is.

I never understood how this shit works. Is there any beer money in mining cryptocurrency with a gaming setup? Or is it only if you have a million Radeons? I have a simple GTX 1070

It's survival of the fittest. Not survival of the shittest.

Think of it like this; Every cryptocoin is a pyramid scheme where the people that started doing 'mining' for it early get way more coins than those who started late.
Mining being investing in processing power to solve (pointless) mathematical equations, the answers to which are coins.

There is money to be made in any pyramid scheme, but you're still in a pyramid scheme.

What about new currencies that pop up and are not yet fucked by massive GPU clusters pushing everyone out?

No, it's reproduction of the fittest.
There's no law of nature that says you need to compete to survive. The competition is for reproduction.

No, unlikely. Pretty much maxes your GPU whenever you're mining, unless you do it 24/7 with extremely efficient cards (the RX 4/580 are pretty much as good as it gets) it's simply not worth it, at all. Leave it to the Chinese, if you wanna gamble just buy the currency you're interested in, coinbase sells the shit.

They're pyramid schemes. Like I said, get in early and you make more money in a successful scheme.
The key to winning in a pyramid scheme is not to be last. You are betting on the proposition that (many) more people will be suckered into that particular scheme after you were.

There was a study from UW that came out a week ago that says the complete opposite. The $15 minimum wage in Seattle did everything the corporate lobbyists said it would, and while I find it sad, and still support the concept of a liveable minimum wage, it IS bad for business

Chinese electricity isn't even that cheap. It's cheaper by a few pennies compared to America and that's it.

Everyone is on equal grounds when it comes to mining except europoors. That's what they get for wanting so many gibsmedats.

Those currencies would need to gain traction to be worth the investment, these currencies won't gain traction because they aren't majority owned by shady fucks looking to make a quick buck off gullible idiots.

I'd hate to imagine what kind of criminals own the majority of ETH/BTC. The sorts of people that can afford shills to hype up their cryptocurrency whatever the case, it will always be an unlevel playing field for the everyman.

>there was a study from a libertarian funded conservative think-tank that showed what the big corporations funding the think tank wanted people to believe

Meanwhile in the real world, minimum wage has done nothing but increase quality of life in civilised countries.

There is no rational argument for destroying the commons.

The majority of people who own BTC/ETH are the people with large computation power.
Not to mine coins, but to bruteforce passwords. Not through pure brute force but dictionary attacks and more clever password guessing, like attempting song lyrics and such.
It's not about guessing all passwords on one wallet, it's about using (relatively) small lists of passwords on every wallet.

>Not carrying around your livestock for trading

>The $15 minimum wage in Seattle did everything the corporate lobbyists said it would
What did it do?

It made it so Mr Sheckleberg had to make the choice between a third golden-plated yacht and keeping employees who had families to feed.

seattletimes.com/business/uw-study-finds-seattles-minimum-wage-is-costing-jobs/

It's not too long an article but to sum it up;
>less hours available
>less job positions themselves available

>more overall money for workers

Whoop! Mr Schmeckelsteinberg doesn't want this bit to slip through.

Removing minimum wage is an absolutely awful idea, the main point being is that while 'jobs' and 'hours' goes up, 'wages' go down.
Like seriously, they're quite transparent with the fact that people should work more for less money.

It depends on what you think is important though. If you think it's important that the workforce competes in a race to the bottom where they bid lower and lower and work harder and harder to murder themselves to make their corporate overlords richer, because unemployment was EXTREMELY low on cotton plantations when slavery was legal, then go for it.

If instead you're not a fucking idiot who falls for the tricks and instead wants a reasonable life that isn't working every waking hour for miserable wages because a protection against corporate exploitation was removed, then maybe minimum wage isn't such a bad idea.

If you want to look at a place and time where there were no minimum wages, check out the slave trade.

The minimum wage is fucking shit. When you're broke and desperate you'd rather have something than nothing at all. Making it easier to employ me is a good thing. I'd rather work for $100 a week than find zero work at all due to the cost of hiring me being quadruple that.

Speaking from experience of being in such a position at one point.

Yes, it's awful and it is a problem, but the solution is not to make things worse and create a world where you DO have a job but you're still broke as shit.

Try subsistence farming. You make barely anything but you get to work all day!

This.

>Watch anime cartoons instead of studying
>drop out of college
>why wont anyone hire me??

>>more overall money for workers

The article clearly states there were 5,000 less jobs, do you understand where the extra money for "workers" came from? It came because now 5,000 workers are unemployed.

>the solution is not to make things worse and create a world where you DO have a job but you're still broke as shit.

Have you been living under a rock? That's what everyone complains about these days. People are still broke as fuck when they're working.

Well get a better work sherlock?

I mined Vertcoin back in 2014 and got burned. I just don't trust it anymore, nor do I see it having a future.

Nice goalpost shift, retard. The point is a minimum wage doesn't stop a cost of living that's too high no matter where you move to. I shouldn't have to commute from Botswana to work in central London to be able to live decently.

Cryptocurrency mining is just like the Gold Rush: Wasted time and broken dreams.

I would prefer if it followed the gold rush more closely and most short-sited prospectors just died or were horribly disfigured in the mines

I guess mining with nVidia cards is close enough

What do you suggest, demolish all the historical buildings and put skyscrapers in their place? Maybe if you stopped inviting """"""""""refugees"""""""""" to live rent-free, the housing situation in London wouldn't be so shitty.

It's almost as if real wages have been sinking for 30 years and it's the very fact that minimum wages haven't been increased appropriately to keep up with inflation that's the problem

Although one caveat: Minimum wage without economic protectionism is useless. You need tariffs against cheap imports. But luckily the chinese government paid a lot of money to bill clinton to remove tariffs, so bill had a blowjob in the whitehouse to cover that up.

Yes. Which is a problem. But if you step on a spike and your foot hurts, you don't remove the leg.

Why do they even want those accounts? What if you don't have any?

>Although one caveat: Minimum wage without economic protectionism is useless. You need tariffs against cheap imports. But luckily the chinese government paid a lot of money to bill clinton to remove tariffs, so bill had a blowjob in the whitehouse to cover that up.
The current minimum wage is already too high, which is why so many people hire Pablo and Pajeet.

>literally everything blurred
He must've had some bad experiences being doxxed lol.

It's actually
>watch anime cartoons instead of making friends and contacts
>graduating college is irrelevant
>why won't anyone hire me?

>>Although one caveat: Minimum wage without economic protectionism is useless. You need tariffs against cheap imports.

Wow, I've never seen someone argue for raising the minimum wage while they acknowledge this. Why keep manufacturing plants or anything in the USA if you can pay Mexican workers $4 an hour on your production line compared to $15 for American workers?

Don't bother with him, Communists are really stupid.

>all these retards who are too autistic to get a job
It's not the economy, its you. Other people your age are getting well paying jobs and the only reason you can't is because you are a sad, weak human being. Just remeber, NEETbux aren't going to be a thing for much longer so get training!

They wouldn't if there was an appropriate cost to doing so.
Oh wow! It's almost as if in the 80s these costs were actually REMOVED. Tariffs, and economic protection has been cut away heavily.

The regulations that disallowed you for hiring mexicans for $4 were removed on purpose. Wait... removed? Yes, in the post WW2 boom, it was economic protectionism that caused the massive economic growth. Once the boom faded, the protections were cut away to allow for growth of corporate profits at the expense of 99% of the population.

Welcome to reality.

Everyone is stupid, and if you think you're smart, you're an idiot.

Last year Nabisco moved the Oreo factory to Mexico to cut costs.

Wow, it's almost as if there aren't any tariffs on mexican imports any more!

Just lower taxes, goy! The british empire wasn't founded and ran on protectionism after all (oh wait it was).

I personally didn't invite anyone to live here. Nor did I vote for cuckservatives who allow rich Changs, oil sheikhs and Ivans to back and forth sell and inflate prices while locking up thousands of homes as investment properties all while not being nationals and sometimes without even stepping foot in the UK and instead just having them bought on their behalf by some company back home from a fucking pamphlet. That's the real cause of the insane house prices here. Not a handful of fake refugees given some council houses. Try getting your information from people who live where you're talking about, not Sup Forums threads and maymays from rebbitors.

To support your point; they're doing the contrary. They're actually purposefully murdering council house residents to get them to leave. And then when the 'cladding' is inspected, it's a lovely excuse to 'evacuate' the building (permanently) to increase property value nearby so the chinese and oil shieks can rise prices even more.

>The regulations that disallowed you for hiring mexicans for $4 were removed on purpose. Wait... removed?

Yes, we know, it was the platform of the most recent president, it was on the TV.

The problem is we're still working on tariffs and American protectionism, because all of Congress is owned via their congressional fundraising campaigns.

Note how the person arguing for American protectionism funded his own campaign.

On that seattle study: of course workers will work less hours if they don't have to work 3 jobs to get by.

The real reason to have a living wage at minimum is so we aren't subsidizing shitty businesses through social welfare programs. If an employer is paying less than what it takes for a person to live at full time hours society is stuck picking up the slack one way or another. that worker isn't benefiting from it because we aren't very generous with government aid. The populace in general aren't benefiting because they're footing the bill (or reaping the consequences of a large underclass). The only one getting ahead from shit-tier wages is the guy paying them. Why the fuck should we all suffer so the Walton family makes billions off paying stockboys peanuts?

Sure the higher minimum isn't going to significantly better quality of life for those stuck at the bottom, but at least they'll be paying their own bills instead of sucking the public teat.

The last 35 years have proven trickle down economics don't work towards the good of the majority of the populace. Holding the minimum wage down is just a way to help the capital class keep costs down in hopes they share it with the greater economy.

I'd stop subsidising suburbs and encourage building apartment buildings.