/pcbg/ - PC Building General

If you want help:
>Assemble your parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>State the budget for your build (and country if not the USA).
>List games/software you use often, as well as your monitor resolution + refresh rate.
>Clarify your goal for build improvements: lower price or improved specs?
How to assemble a PC, select components & more (kind of outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Build_a_PC

CPUs:
>G4560 - Budget builds (R5 1500x - Good but up to 1600 if you can
>R5 1600 - Best value for higher fps gaming / mixed usage; 1600x if you want higher stock clocks
>i7 7700k - only for 144hz
>R7/Xeon/Threadripper - Compute/Multitask/mixed use; Not required for just gaming

GPUs:
Coin miners have driven price up and stock down, waiting to buy a GPU might be wiser
>Integrated CPU Graphics - Desktop stuff and very light games
>GTX 1050(Ti) - Lower end budget cards, drop settings on newer games, RX560 beaten by both
>RX570 - 1080p@60~hz maxed, running most maxed older games at 100~Hz
>RX580 and GTX1060 6GB - 1080p@80hz maxed, 1440p@60hz at lower settings; RX580 better in newer games
>GTX 1070 - 1080p@130hz /1440p@60hz at high
>GTX 1080 - 1080p@144hz / 1440p@60hz maxed, 4k@60hz in a few games; Probably the highest end card you need for 1080p/1440p
>GTX 1080Ti - 1440p@144hz and 4k@60hz maxed/high in many games

RAM:
>Check your Mobo QVL before buying any RAM
>Ryzen CPUs benefits from high speed RAM

General:
ALWAYS LOOK AT PRODUCT REVIEWS!
Always consider an SSD. Try buying a large SSD for what you'd pay for your SSD+HDD combined, and add a HDD later
NVMe SSDs aren't for a faster OS boot, they're for productivity/scratch disk/VMs. NVMe and M.2 are not the same thing, M.2 is a form factor.
The Ryzen lineup comes with exceptionally good stock coolers. (with the exception of the 1600X) consider using them over any sub 35USD cooler.

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/DQVJd6
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487319
pcpartpicker.com/list/nHWxvV
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/dmLt2R
pcpartpicker.com/list/84N3JV
pcpartpicker.com/list/
pcpartpicker.com/list/JF3LNN
pcpartpicker.com/list/bdrTf8
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/8TDWsJ
msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1080-ARMOR-8G-OC.html,
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/7BYnVY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I need a "cheap" 1440p 144hz monitor. None of that overpriced predator shit. I don't care if it has gsync.

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/DQVJd6

Do I even need the 3rd party cooler if I don't intend to do heavy overclocking right off the bat?

I will need to find some wireless network-card as well. Any suggestions?

Yes, yes you do. Also the past clearly states Ryzen benefits from faster memory. Try 3000 or even 3200Mhz, Ryzen was so much worse than Intel alternatives when reviewed on broken mobos that couldn't hit 3ghz.
In my opinion any cheap tp-link card will do and then if you need better range you can start toying with adding better antennas.

what cpu is a direct upgrade from the G4560? i was looking at buying an i5 with the same socket but its 250 bucks not including postage, then i'd need an aftermarket cooler because intel housefire

I managed to find a 580 hahahahahahha

Thanks for the heads-up on the memory. I'll look into it

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487319

How did i do

Aoc agon

Checked amazon. They cost literally as much as Acer predator monitors here in UK with prices starting from $500.

Import one from the rest of Europe, faggot.

I'm a retard and built this after lurking Sup Forums a while. I can afford it now but want to run it by my betters.
I'm after a good vidya machine with reliable brands that I won't have to upgrade for years. How's this?
pcpartpicker.com/list/nHWxvV

you'll never have 500gb of shit you need instant access to, get a smaller SSD

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/dmLt2R
I suppose this will be my final shopping list then. Everything looks good?

Will a amd gpu and a intel cpu bite eachother in the ass?

Thinking to get a g4560 with a gtx1050 or rx 560

Dell S2417DG

Do you even lurk bro? The fucking op says not to buy i5's.
If all you do is gaming get a 1600 since it also scales much better with ram, considering you picked 3400mhz ram for some reason.
500gb ssd is fine if you can afford it, otherwise unnecessary.
With the money you save on a smaller ssd and the CPU you can afford to upgrade to a 1080 ti if you want.

I haven't followed PSU's much recently but i thought i read a while ago that seasonic weren't that good. Not sure there

I'm this guy Looking more at the build i'm really not sure if you're trolling. In any case i fixed it so other people might find it useful.

pcpartpicker.com/list/84N3JV

I changed the PSU to a well known brand, its 100 less watts but you didn't need them anyway, and its a bit cheaper.

I got slightly slower ram because most times ram can't even get to 3400, so i saved money there.

I got a 250gb ssd and saved money there, got a ryzen 1600 and motherboard(i dont know shit about motherboards so i dont know how good this one is) and while the price for the motherboard on your own list wasnt included i'm sure that saved you money.

And i upgraded to a 1080 ti.
All this for 30 more dollars.

Personally i think the case you picked looks like shit but to each his own.

Why 4.0 to 3.2 on the CPU? I thought most games don't take advantage of loadsacores. Hope this isn't brandwars memes.
The PSU is showing unchanged for me.

No I made this exact setup for a friend that just wanted to piss around on CSGO

second-hand
33 Intel - Pentium G3220 3.0GHz Dual-Core
50 Patriot viper 4x2(8) ddr3
26 500gb HHD Samsung hd502IJ
35 MSI B85-G43 Gaming

new
20 Raidmax - XT 300W ATX
35 Sharkoon VS4-S

mostly browsing, light gaming if possible (can it handle csgo lowest setting?)
might add a used gpu

pcpartpicker.com/list/

Should I get the Vengeance or Ripjaw ram? Do I even need 3200 memory? or am I going to high?

that just takes us to OUR list.
Use the permalink

Okay faggots, please tell me what you think:
pcpartpicker.com/list/JF3LNN

I have a 3k$ budget, I don't live in the US.
Mostly for (intense) gaming, browsing, compile shit, VMs, madVR or mpv highest settings, muh future-proof, etc.

>inb4 why not Ryzen?
Not mature enough.

Sorry I was checking out support on the motherboard and it says the motherboard (ryzen cpu support speed)only supports 2333 with the Ripjaw(3200). I'm geussing something like that means I wont be getting the power i'm hoping for?
pcpartpicker.com/list/bdrTf8 sorry :-P

one or the other with the ram.
given prices, go with whichevers cheaper. There isn't much between 3000 mhz and 3200 mhz.
otherwise, looks good. need a case though

>Raidmax - XT 300W ATX
get a better psu at least

Let's hope that R2.0 version of Prime X370-Pro will be designed by Asus' Taipei team and especially the UEFI.

ooow i'm jelly.

I'm upgrading to a ryzen 5 1600
do you have any recommendations for cpu coolers, should I just use the stock one?

I have an FX 6300 and a gigabyte GA-78LMT.
Is there anything I can replace this with for £200 or below?
I play games occasionally and have a r9 290x gpu which in happy with.

Main problem is my ssd cannot run at full speed on this motherboards sata ports :(

Used 2500k + Asus P8P67 Deluxe or Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3.

looks good

And no, that is not the main problem. It's the fact that mobo can't run FX-6300@stock without throttling.
Don't believe rated speeds, and I believe you don't mean pcie ssd or m2, because former is obviously fixable.

no need for a liquid cooling since ryzen won't go over 4.0 anyway and that can be achieved on 30$ air cooler.
psu is still an overkill, this won't go over 500w.
also he probably (as in 99%) doesn't need x370 mobo. b350 would be enough.

i see you like to waste people's money.

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/8TDWsJ
need a new graphics card. gonna be using it for gaming mainly. any suggestions?

Thanks I'll check them out.
As for the ssd I have no idea, I was told the motherboard can only run it at a slower speed.
Am I not getting the most out of my 6300 then? If not could I get away with a better motherboard?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Am I not getting the most out of my 6300 then? If not could I get away with a better motherboard?
To be honest, unless you're AMD fanatic and want to stay with Piledriver cpu, there is no point buying better AM3+ board at this point, simply because those better boards (Asus 990FX Sabertooth R2.0, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7 and -UD3 rev 4) are fairly expensive even on the used market.

With Sandy Bridge chips (on LGA1155: 2500k, 2600k or 2700k) you will get 40% better single threaded performance clock-for-clock compared to your Piledriver FX-6300 and since used 2500k can be had for 50 bucks (or euros) today, I'd go for it, if you want fairly cheap upgrade.

If im using an i5-4670 (non K) and my friend is giving me i5-4690K does it work with my Z87 motherboard since they're both LGA 1150?

So when will this mining meme end? People should be wising up by now that they got conned into buying computer hardware at this point.

I just want a graphics card below or at MSRP.

Yes it does.

>need a case though
I''ve got an old piece of shit like this. I think I'll be fine

Awesome thanks, I'm not too clued up about intel stuff, I'm not an amd fanatic however I've only ever had amd so I'm stuck in my ways there. I'll have a browse around for the intel ones you mentioned.

just plug and play?
no compatibility issues?

Thanks mate.

I did a quick change because he very blatantly ignored the OP.
I forgot to change his cpu cooler, i got him the overclockable board just in case he wants to do it at some point.
Looking at his previous build he's fine with spending that much money.
Help him out yourself if you want to talk shit to me. You make good points and i could have changed that shit but i just didn't bother.
But before shittalking me make your own suggestions to him

Sell it for a profit while you still can

>Mostly for (intense) gaming, browsing, compile shit, VMs, madVR or mpv highest settings, muh future-proof, etc.
And you're insistent on getting a fucking quadcore for that? In 2017?

What do you suggest then?

intel 750 at 800gb for the same price as that 960 pro 1tb

yeah and try getting some new ram ddr3 2400ish at cl 11ish and if you're overclocking which is also dependent on your psu

Because the price difference between the 6700k and the 1600 make the lower clock worth the money you save, that money can be spent on a better GPU which will impact your performance much more than the CPU.
Makes sense?

Either R7 or Intel HEDT.

Replying to guy in previous thread.
I've been thinking more about it and while maybe buying a setup that will allow me play current games at 144hz 1440p will not reach the same level in the future, the base hardware will still be good enough to get 60+ fps, so while its overkill for that purpose now, and it's not super efficient, it's still going to be worth it after all.

used r9 270x 2gb or new rx 560 4gb?

Is it true the new Core i9 and Core i7 processors will require more intensive cooling alternatives? especially for overclocking?

Looking at Sapphires warranty and it says this.
>Products not purchased from an official SAPPHIRE distributor or reseller.
Is buying it brand new off of ebay considered 'official' distributor or reseller?

Where can i get a windows operating system either for free or for cheap?

Intel is literally recommending a water cooler as the minimum you should use. So yeah, you need a good cooler just to run them at stock, a great one if you actually want to overclock. And you might need a fan for the motherboard VRMs as well, in the latter case.

r9 270x

4k plz

only if the seller on ebay was sapphire, send proof of purchase

10 ent trial edition, won't be free

You might be able to get close to 4GHz out of an i9 on an NH-D15 with an aggressive fan curve, but even AIOs start tapping out once you go above that. You need custom water to even think about the kind of frequencies that Haswell-E could do on air (and Broadwell-E with a high end AIO).

From all i've read, i find the 1440p 144hz setup much more interesting and cool

Before you purchase your Ram and motherboard and all that go onto their respective websites and check if everything is compatible in the QVL. Even if partpicker says it's compatible some parts can hamper eachother and only cause it to use half its capacity

I'm not sure about this myself but in previous threads tons of people said it's unessecary to purchase a cpu cooler for a Ryzen 5

The 1600X doesn't come with a cooler.

>Even if partpicker says it's compatible some parts can hamper eachother and only cause it to use half its capacity
Nnno. Either it won't work at all, or it'll work at reduced frequency. The capacity will be unaffected.

>you need a good cooler just to run them at stock
I hope AMD stops them from making this the future

>only if the seller on ebay was sapphire, send proof of purchase
What. You mean proof of purchase? Anyways i'm pretty sure sapphire doesn't sell online so that means I can't get a trustworthy warranty via online purchase?

> it'll work at reduced frequency
Sorry thats what I meant to say but didn't know how to put it into words.

I'm getting a good price on the msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1080-ARMOR-8G-OC.html, is it just as good as other 1080's? Also it says it has both a 6-pin and 8-pin power connector, could I just use the 6 pin? I might not have a valid 8 pin cable and replacing my PSU would be a pain.

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/7BYnVY

So is this build any good? I'm from Canada and all the mid range gpu's are out of stock so I decided go for a cheap one until I can find a decent one. My budget is around 1300-1500 cad dollars.

>Also it says it has both a 6-pin and 8-pin power connector, could I just use the 6 pin?
No.

So what's the point of having it?

My 520 watt PSU enough for i5-4690K overclocked to 4.3-4.6 GHz and GTX 1060?

Because 8-pin connector wouldn't be able to provide sufficient power by itself? It's a 250W card, you need both connectors to provide that.

it's not the ti, the 1080 is only 180W (and other variants seem to only have the 8pin).

I'd scrap the noctua for a Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi, based purely on looks and cooling performance.
And I think you're spending too much for a mediocre case. At least get something with a window. PCs are becoming centerpieces and it saddens me to see people making ugly box PCs you want to shove in a cabinet so you don't have to look at it.
As to the build buying a cheap GPU until good ones are in stock is what everyone's doing.

Yeah, I'm a little on the fence about that one. Might just skip the cooler for now, and see how it goes.

But the 1600 does. I don't plan on getting the 1600X. is another user

Do you have a recommendation for the case if the one I have is not good? I don't mind spending some more on it especially since I'm not spending much on the gpu.

Not great, 1080s are down to ~670 CAD and I've seen them at 450 USD before. That said, those are bottom dollar sale prices.

how hard is it to pirate an operating system?

Nigger, Win10 is free, just download PicoKMS afterwards.

>picokms
looks sketchy as hell.

It isn't and there are other options. Or you simply install wangblows and leave it as is, it will work just fine.

How would you go about installing it onto a USB drive?

Also, what would be the best1080ti to grab on the market right now if I wanted a card that'd last me 3-4yrs? I have a 1060 right now so is it better to wait for the new cards to drop?

MS official install tool or if you have the iso use Rufus.

Best 1080Ti's are probably Zotac AMP! Extreme, Galax/KFA HOF and the hybrid/water cooled versions.

sounds like something a 0% clean program would say.

whats a good mobo for an r5 1600? not planning on doing any heavy overclocking or need any extra controllers

will G4560 & 1050 survive a 10l no case fan itx build? what about the [spoiler]m.2[/spoiler] drive?

trustworthy warranty online if the seller has a physical store under an address as a registered business to be licensed and generate a receipt from a transaction. The proof of purchase/receipt traces back the transaction to the maker under a legal jurisdiction where the goods were delivered in a white market versus jamals cousin for example.

throttling, even with all mobo safeguards off usually cpus throttle at 72.72 degrees celsius

is that psu seasonic S12II 80 bronze

coolers are important do this

Depends. Does the itx build have a lot of vents?

DO THIS also wth with those canadian prices and currency valuation, your budget was 1300-1500 right
you can go 1600 B350M but

don't be a cuck

pic related is gud

evga>msi>asus

>MSI > ASUS
Lmao no.

So I asked yesterday about this, but my sound still isn't coming through my speakers. I've tried everything I could imagined, even uninstalled all Nvidia drivers and audio drivers but the HDMI nvidia outputs still show on my audio devices window. I'm getting really confused on why this is, but it all happened when I installed my new 1080ti and updated the drivers.

>might save up $12 by the end of the year if I start budgeting food now
>"wonder what upgrades could this buy?"
>used phenom II X4 costs $30
>used gtx750 costs $100
Pls kill me, I want to be a wage-slave no longer.

referring from newcucktierya top tier to bottom

msi lightning
msi seahawk

strix is ok, but asus doesn't have a top tier equivalent which is most of the time placebo when you can flash bios

most asus on asus build to be OC

asus products are also more widely distributed than msi

msi is super overrated but they're building their brand from gaymen where asush have the best mobos

don't use nvidia for sound wth
cpanel, audio pic related

then ddu, boot with av/firewall disabled offline, download the onboard audio drivers from mobo website, install audio, reboot, install vidya drivers unselect all except physx clean install

also check what cables you're connecting your speakers with, replace them

Use the stock one, it's more than adequate. Cryorig H7 if you want an upgrade, something Noctua if you want more of an upgrade.