/nrg/ - Nyaa Replacements General

Previous This thread is for the discussion of NyaaPantsu (pantsu.cat), a free (FOSS) torrent indexer, and other nyaa alternatives.
The aim of this project is to write a fully featured nyaa.se replacement in golang that anyone will be able to deploy locally or remotely.

FAQ
>pastebin.com/Gq9MrJN5

Links
>pastebin.com/40aFT7CN

>Why is Pantsu down/error 502?
Most likely because the team is deploying changes. Wait for a bit and refresh the page. It should be mostly stable now.

General updates on the site
>Torznab api
>RSS feeds fixed
>Performance issues fixed
>Python uploading script
>Torrent file generation
>Scrapers fixed
>Stats fixed
>More frontend fixes
>Editing and deleting torrents
>Public mod log
>Filesize searching
>Audio captcha
>Language flags like anidex
>Mobile app
>Customizable mascots by URL
>DB clean up

As for the coming weeks
>Improve scrapers to scrape more sites
>Move db dumps to just nginx to prevent any issues/corruption
>Optimize the code
>Anidb integration
>Add in the nyaazi and anidex scapers into the main program
>Focus on stability and speed
>Refactoring, introduce proper testing and code review procedure
>Purge all unnecessary code as well
>Text board

Dev live server:
>dev.pantsu.cat

Database dumps:
>nyaa.pantsu.cat/dbdumps

Local Client:
>An user made a local client in case the online sources are down: instructions and download at
>nyanner.net
qBittorrent plugin for Pantsu.
>github.com/4chenz/pantsu-plugin

Development roadmap:
>trello.com/b/gMJBwoRq/nyaa-pantsu-cat-roadmap

NyaaPantsu Status:
>status.pantsu.cat
>Copyrighters wall of shame
transparency.pantsu.cat

Development and discussion channel:
>github.com/NyaaPantsu/nyaa
>#nyaapantsu on Rizon

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.pantsu.cat/feed?c=3_5&s=0&max=50&userID=0&q=
nyaa.pantsu.cat/feed?c=3_5&s=0&max=50&userID=0&q=%title%
roosterteeth.com/forum/comics-&-anime/topic/2255953
alexa.com/siteinfo/pantsu.cat
alexa.com/siteinfo/nyaa.si
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If there is a nyaa replacement already, why even have this thread? We didn't have daily nyaa threads back when it was still up. This general does not have a place here anymore.

Akuma project lead dev when

happens every time i try and d/l stuff using taiga. magnets on the actual site work fine.

akari themed text board when

Dcentralization when?

Astolfo's striped pantsu are perfect for sukebei.

>RSS feeds fixed

yah nah mate

also rise limit to more than 300, I cant be the only one that doesnt run 24/7

I was into anime for a few years... Too much time trying to find shows,download then store rather than watching. Made me move on from anime altogether.

So what happened to nyaa or whatever? I never used them, just google searched torrents and that was that.

Did anime torrent sites vanish or some shit?

Piracy going away didn't increase sales did it? Why anyone believed that was stupid inn on itself. But. I don't care about downloading anything now.

I just buy if I REALLY need it, if I don't need it I don't bother. Too much shit to worry about.

Taiga is trying to download torrent files instead of magnets, the torrent file currently does not exist

The Russians came.

I came to this thread to just ask about something similar... What's the best rss link to use because what I have no only gives me Tsurezure, the HS link only gives me their stuff. Which means shows like Kakegurui and Fate require me to go to nyaa and find it.

this is my new release one:
nyaa.pantsu.cat/feed?c=3_5&s=0&max=50&userID=0&q=

this is my search one:
nyaa.pantsu.cat/feed?c=3_5&s=0&max=50&userID=0&q=%title%

i get hs stuff and everything else

We are currently scraping all the old .torrent files and saving them onto the server, however i believe that hasn't been implemented yet onto the new ones, need to ask Pantsudev to confirm this however.

I think it's probably a better idea to get the new torrents as fast as possible for automation before the old torrents

any one having problems organazing torrents by number of seeds?

I just did this and I'm still missing Bahamut, Fate and Kakegurui. Even after I disabled all filters.

nyaa.si doesn't have this problem

My bet is that ES crashed and the application falls back to postgresql but we didn't test it with the new changes to the scrape values.

well now nothing works. did you try searching?

Yeah, we're currently fixing the ES issue being crashed. Shouldn't take too long, sorry.

for future reference

I can't believe I missed that thread.

I was refreshing Sup Forums index for a couple of hours yesterday to link the thread, but apparently the /nrg/ OP was asleep and didn't create a new thread in time

why do a lot of torrent show zero seeder and leechers

It seems like the priority from what I read seems to be duplicate torrents, S/L/D count and Creating torrent files, which will also fix the taiga issue.

Actually the old OP quit, something something pantsu is dead.
See:

OK, Pantsu seems to be mostly working now. Time to watch anime.

What are you guys going to watch on this season? I'm interested in Fate, but I've read somewhere that I should read Strange Fake before watching Apocrypha. Didn't check other shows yet.

Yeah we need to scrape stats for older stuff.
The stats scraper was also borked earlier.
Fixing now.
Yeah we should raise the limit to something more reasonable.
I have a couple of ideas with how I'm going to do it.
I was thinking local client with blockchain dbs.

I always wait until good subs & BDs come out, but I can tell you now that there is absolutely no need to know Strange Fake before diving into Apocrypha. Let's just hope they don't mess it up, they have a chance....

Those should always be the priority but for whatever reason the devs focused on the header css and other easter eggs like flags.

I don't think pantsu will die anytime soon though

Looking forward to this season, lots of shows in backlog and my uni's winter break is one week away. Currently interested in:
>Nana Maru San Batsu
>Koi to Uso
>Isekai Shokudou
>Konbini Kareshi
>The Reflection Wave

> there is absolutely no need to know Strange Fake before diving into Apocrypha.
Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying it. So, are they related or not? I thought Strange Fake was the beginning (like F/Zero is to the F/SN 2014 anime).

>and my uni's winter break is one week away.
Lucky.

nyaa.si won

I simply decided to pass the torch, but they have really few purpose now, still waiting for pantsudev to setup the textboard.
New threads should only be reserved for important announcements or releases.

Do you have any news from the nyanner dev? I liked his local client, hope he could work on it again.

I'm glad you came to this conclusion. I'm going to still use pantsu anyways

Nope, the current versions of both are pretty similarly conceived, but that's about it. In-story they aren't tied to each other and of course neither is a prequel to the other. You can watch/read any whithout knowing the other.
I actually like both, though, and they are the Fate entries that I am most excited to see getting an adapt (besides Heaven's Feel, of course). And there aren't a lot of good Fate stories around nowadays

Haven't heard from him in a while sadly.

Yeah last time he posted on a thread was over a month ago about the 0.7 version, the blockchain dbs idea should be explored.

It was true, when you change the theme to tomorrow, megu keeps saying nyaanpassu instead of explosion. Also style didn't stay after changing from sukebei to family friendly pantsu. Come on, pest kipukun, we cannot fail at the thing that pantsu does best!!

you still have faith in kipukun? how cute

> any torrent that doesn't have a flag is scraped
> any torrent with a flag isn't
> so you can see that we get very little upload
Pantsu is really dead huh, what about people uploading with random flags on sukebei? Either go with anidex classification or stick with the odly nyaa style, having torrents with flags and other without feels pretty retarded. Furthermore their placement is ugly, category icons should really be updated.

I have to agree with this.
Flags are pretty retarded.

>having torrents with flags and other without feels pretty retarded.
please detail

Will be fixed.
Just need to modify the scraper code.

are you working on it right now?

Fixing stats then flags.

duplicates should be a priority before flags

P R I O R I T I E S

Need to redeploy dev and test the de-duplicate stuff.
Don't want to run something like that on prod without testing.

re-deploy on dev before focusing on flags pls

Replacing the category icons is still planned, but it's low priority, even for us...

honey?? What are you doing on Sup Forums?? You could have said that to my face, you know?? What d'ya want for dinner??...

Fix that stupidly wide forehead of yours. Too wide.

when

Patches welcome. :^)

thats kinda cool desu desu

>took 15 hours for a new thread
I-Is it finally o-over? ;_;

Nah see this. If you wanted a new thread sooner no better way than doing it yourself.

For what purpose

Just make sure you have time to fix the any problems that occur after you deploy the de-duplicate stuff. Having the site be ded for more than a day like when the scraper borked up should be prevented at all costs.

Yeah will do.
Yeah that's why it's been delayed so long.
Lots of things could go wrong when deleting stuff from the db so we're gonna do it right and also fix the problem permanently.

The EU passed some sentence on piracy, the owner of Nyaa felt threatened and one day the site disappeared without warning. Anons tried developing an alternative, some other people made their own, drama started and now we have two shitty sites with no seeds

So what is this shit? Why does it exist?
Why not just use qbittorrent's search function?

>using a botnet in a botnet client that doesn't even work well

You forgot nyaa coming back with his own site soon.

Server upgrade when?

Site is slow as fuck.

marquee flag is priority right now sry

Actually tomorrow.

> yeah, i'm giving the project to akuma, he'll take care of everything from now on
> also french will be the default language from now on

what's the point of this shit general?

Piss you off.

>pantsudev spammed Sup Forums and Sup Forums with threads after the official nyaa went down on the first day
>pantsudev kept shilling his new project and terrible youtube videos related to it
>nobody knows that pantsudev used to suck the cartel's dick to get people's usernames and passwords when the cartel hacked mangatraders roosterteeth.com/forum/comics-&-anime/topic/2255953
>claimed his site would be the official nyaa replacement
>2 months later, he's utterly failed and been beaten by the cartel's version, nyaa.si
>now he is claiming his site will be the official nyaa backup site (lol)
>spent 2 months to fix a fucking mascot instead of working on the site
>ignores requests and advice from people in the thread he spams
>autistically yells at everyone to do it on his github page

you are worthless trash, let it sink into your pathetic brain that the developer behind nyaa.si is a woman and that she beat your autistic ass

Sucks to be you, herkz.

stop the search box focus behaviour.
if you search some shit and want to use the mouse to confirm (quick copy/paste is faster that way cuz the box doesn't autofocus) the icon jumps from under the cursor
that is SHIT behaviour

move shit to the left to make the box wider from the start so you don't need the focus behaviour

autofocus could be nice but if you do it it needs some js to jump back to category drop-down first then resume normal behaviour. easier to just make the box fixed size rather than dicking around with width

>We're still using poorly curated torrents
>We're still using centralized as fuck trackers
>We're still dealing with data duplication everywhere
>We're all still re-encoding our files, and downloading art/subs from wherever
When will we form an ipfs cluster of weeb shit?
When will we put curation and quality above circle jerking?

already done, it's called AB.

Good, best dev and best language, everyone should learn from them.

Searching might be broken

The ones that aren't software seem to have no category if you click on them, ill tell the devs.

GET IT TOGETHER MIAO

Not exactly my fault, anyway just looked at them and it seems like it was hentai so maybe a bug in the scraper or something.

yeah make sure the category field is required to submit, or that the noncategorized entries are removed, and the uploaders are notified

>NRG

GET ME POWER

DO IT BABY

/o/ please

Am I supposed to know what that is? Two character abbreviations are basically unsearchable

ur dumb

How come nyaa.si is so much more popular than nyaa.pantsu.cat?

alexa.com/siteinfo/pantsu.cat
alexa.com/siteinfo/nyaa.si

posted form my phone so I didn't received it

Why are you guys saying that pantsu is dead?

I haven't been here since pantsu was born

>mrw he posts alexa rankings after everyone defending nyaa.si says they didnt matter

Stop shitposting and get to work, Austin.

Turns out scraper wasn't scraping torrents from nyaa.si because they increased their cf protection level.
Refactor is nearly done.
Refactor also has proper result caching so it'll result in a large speed up.
Need to test and bug fix it though.
people shitposting.

Did you guys getting DDoS attacks lately? If so, where from?

I need a hug

here here, user

I would torrent a wolf gril

Where does all the traffic for pantsu come? It's broken as shit, I though everyone already switched to only nyaa.si.

They list the countries on the site. Pantsu's traffic is mostly japanese and Sup Forums. Si's traffic advantage comes from the US, in other words reddit.