/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required Viewings For Fag Lovers:
youtube.com/watch?v=uvZzVQ3iAak

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

seiko.co.uk/collections/men/discover-more/srpa27k1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

mad thread.

Quick question.
Say im looking for a watch with a visible tourbillion that
A) is not shit at time keeping
B) is somewhat affordable (400 bucks tops)

Nope. Cheapest Chinese tourbillon is 500usd+. If you want a visible balance wheel (that isn't a tourbillon) find something from orient, they have good timekeeping and decent looks for the price.

Good morning /wt/

I kinda fucked up with this one. Balance pivots are bent and one balance jewel is cracked.

Post the gore

ah, thank you.

Sinn 356 UTC.

I'll find one some day.

pleb here. Whats a cool, stylish analogue watch i can get for under 50 dollarydoos? doesnt have to be a fancy brand and not too generic looking either please. no memes

thanks

Casio MDV106 or the meme Seiko 5.
If you don't care about wearing a piece of shit on your wrist and want something else, ask /csg/.

>cool, stylish

Ask on /fa/.

Looking for a decent daily driver.
would this be ok?
seiko.co.uk/collections/men/discover-more/srpa27k1

>Ask on /fa/
>Most recent post on /fa/ /wt/ is asking for Denzel Washington lookalikes

$50 is kind of a tight budget. Stick to Casio probably.

Guys my sne437 is keeping time too well. I keep trying to hook it up to a timer and regulate it but it's never off. Also It never needs to be wound or set when not worn for a little while?

What can I do? A watch is supposed to be an unreliable thing that is always gaining or losing time and quits if you don't wear it for a few hours and needs costly servicing, but I never have to take mine to a watch repair shop

i feel left out

what do?

WAY/wt/?

Go for the russians, they're qt and always below 50 buckaroos.

are you 13?

I'm not saying they'll give him good advice, but he's asking only for a watch that looks good. And this is supposed to be a technology thread,

>are you 13?
he's american

No :^)

That cammo nato strap looks good, but that green is plainly awful.

What does that yellow hand indicate?

>muh House of Saud color scheme

chronometer

The camo/color scheme, that's what doesn't go together, even though both are for sandnigger scenarios

Why buy a blatant rolex copy

?

It looks nothing like a rolex. Have you seen a rolex before?

Rolex submariner much? Omega Seamaster?

What a blatant Rolex copy

>Rolex submariner much? Omega Seamaster?
lol it looks nothing like an omega seamaster or a rolex kek whatever brah :^)

It's actually a Sinn homage, but I see how you could be confused.

t. retards
bet you dumb faggots unironically have those rubbish slav "watches"

That is fucking hideous. Are you retarded by any chance?

Because a watch that's actually all about purpose can't be a shitter.

How good is the Seiko solar tech?

How does it compare to the Citizen ecodrive?

Seiko was making divers when the Seamaster was still a gold dress watch. They have their own long history of dive watches.

>How good is the Seiko solar tech?
>How does it compare to the Citizen ecodrive?
It's about the same. The battery lasts about 15 years, one day of charging in the sun keeps it going for 10 months

>chronometer
It literally says "UTC" on the dial.

No watch has been all about purpose since the invention of the cellular phone.

An analog tool watch with something like solar tech is about as close to being purely purpose as it gets.

>baiting this obviously

Close, but not there.

>abject truth is now bait

Do you wear your phone like pic related, with the screen always on?

Does my phone look like nothing?

captcha ate pic

Honestly, those phone watches from the 90's and those Chinese smartwatch phones are probably the most utilitarian watches available. I wouldn't wear one, but they could eliminate your need for a phone entirely.

So wristwatches have no benefit over a pocket phone, but wristphones do hold benefit over pocket phones?

You have some pretty dumb ideas about stuff.

Posting my fav in collection, green never gets old

Why is it that everyone with a Rolex always wears their watch on their wristbone? Is it a normie thing?

Timex. No joke.

what's the mdr v6 of watches?

DW5600 maybe.

>It literally says "UTC" on the dial.
Why not a 24 h dial then like normal GMT watches?

Because Germany and it's people are superior to the UK and the British people, both culturally and generically.

Jut the way it naturally sits and is most comfortable. Never thought about it really.

Sorry

I assume it's to give their wrist more definition whilst hiding the fact that it looks small and weak. But where do you wear your Rolex, user?

When I get my white dial 31 datejust, it will be on my wrist.

>31mm
>literally boys size

Are you a gril, user?

I'll bet he can't even use his watch as a makeshift cockring without removing links.

7" wrist, I just don't like large watches

Should be nothing wrong with a 36mm diameter then m8.

we already had this discussion

Which is Sup Forums consensus on Gucci watches?

What's the difference between here and /fa/ watches threads?

Why don't you just lurk and find out yourself?

niqqer tier
$5 movement
fuck you niqqer mods

THOUGHTS?

Sometimes I wish I could just be a one watch guy.

It's too much hassle to sell off the watches I don't want anymore, and they're not really worth all that much anyway. So I make myself rotate and wear all of them at least sometimes, but I would rather just have like 3 or 4 of them. I think my collection is pretty complete too, I don't really want anything new.

Just find the watch you like the most and only wear it.

Once you look around you'll realize you're littered with shitter watches you don't even really like.

fuck off ninefag

Man if you think that's a submariner homage then you must realize that the submariner is just ripping off the blancpain 50 fathoms

Based digital calculator

Both can be fixed, but not easily :/

What's the cheapest radio controlled terrorist watch? Solar charging is a bonus but not necessary.

I don't want to spend money on a g-shock because my $15 one will probably last longer than me already, but it's somewhat annoying having to set its time constantly. Are there any middle ground alternatives that don't cost $100-150+ and don't make you pay for showing the tide, the moon phase, the cicada breeding season, etc.?

Rolex sort of copied blancpain (though that's debatable, they were being developed at the same time), but then everyone else copied Rolex.

My niggas
Too bad I opted for a light over water resistance :(

As a watch you buy for it's movement, finishing or technical merit - pretty shit

As a fashion item - pretty good. I think Gucci make some very nice looking watches, especially for women, but they are 100% /fa/ and not Sup Forums.

Its got a blue dial

What?

SO for GMT the British go out of form, leaving the AM/PM abomination and chose a 24 h dial,
while the Germans go for AM/PM when using a UTC hand`

That makes perfect no sense.

Plastic or metal?

GOD DAMMIT I had the black one.. and left it in the mall bathroom at age 13...

>plastic or painted plastic
Ftfy

Were you practicing sodomy with an older gentleman?

>service 70's Seiko 6106
>probably serviced before
>runs like shit
>service 70's Raketa 2609.HA
>never serviced
>+300°, +/-5s/d average of all positions
Fucking slav magic, I swear.

Is this a cool watch or what?

I'm 35.

This watch is quartz, but the chrono hand beats 5 times per second, like on an automatic movement.

And since this is a solar watch, could you keep the chrono hand running 24/7 without fear of draining the battery?

I was on my way back from camping on a lake when i took that photo. I paddled and swam in the lake with that watch but at night around the fire it was useless... last time i wore a Vostok and i had to take it off to chop wood, could not see the shitty lume ,and it had rust on it by the time i got back.

BLK P L A S T I C

Probably. Assuming its the same movement as sna411 the chrono can run for like 3 months before a battery change.

This is a solar watch though, it gets recharged by light.

Not sure if the added drainage reduces the lifetime of the electronics though.

Timex expedition, between 50 and 60$

GWM5610

It will probably reduce lifetime of the battery but shouldnt do so significantly

I wanted to buy an SKX but my brother beat me to it.

What's another cheap, extremely reliable, iconic watch?

Preferably around or over 40 mm, and with some kind of rotating bezel.

>price in Japan and EU: around 200€
>price in the US: 160€

What in the fuck?