Win 10 update

Can somone please tell me if it's still possible to upgrade a new win 7 copy to win10 fot free?

I have missed the offer. And win10 is expensive.

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/accessibility/2016/07/29/windows-10-free-upgrade-page-for-people-who-use-assistive-technologies/
microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade
zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

YMMV. I installed Win 10 and was able to activate it with my old Win 7 key.
This was a while ago (after the cut-opff date for the offer, though), and it might not work with OEM keys.

Worst case you get a gimped copy of win10 that's full of ads, but it'll work for browsing Sup Forums and playing vidya.

Alternatively, consider installing Gentoo...

bumper

I just want ot play forza 6 apex, it works in genoo?

Nah, it won't work in Gentoo. But you don't need a Win 10 license to play it either.

Thank you.
But I guess you mean: Install and don't activate
Because right now it says the game doesn't work on my device.

Yeah, it looks like Forza 6 Apex only works on Windows 10.
But like you say, just install it and try to activate it with your Win 7 key - If it works, great.

If it doesn't, you'll still have a fully working Windows 10; The only downside is you can't customise it and it's full of ads. It should play Forza fine.

thank you very much for your continued support

>win10
>upgrade
lol

I've meant upgrade in installing it for free...
I use Vista Ultimate as main gaming computer

You can activate win 10 with windows 7 key. you need to do clean install of windows 10. And install the right version. home if you have home key or pro and so on. Windows 10 isn't the product they're selling. You are.

1) Ensure your edition of Win10 is "Professional"/"Enterprise" (some sort of "KMS client" edition), or Server 2016 any-edition.
2) Search GitHub for an emulator called "vlmcsd," and download the floppy disk image of it.
3) Have Windows load that floppy image in Hyper-V at startup.
4) Find the "KMS client keys" on technet, and use the appropriate one with Start, Run:
slmgr.vbs /ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
5) Then Start, Run:
slmgr.vbs /skms ip_of_vlmcsd
6) Then Start, Run:
slmgr.vbs /ato
7) ...
8) Free Windows, very unlikely to see un-activation as it would also break corporate KMS customer installations!

(Masterrace users who install Windows Server, or who have DNS editing skills, would be well served to add an SRV entry for _vlmcs._tcp.localdomainname.tld pointing to their vlmcsd VM on the network. This will allow activation to occur seamlessly, without the need of specifying the server with slmgr.vbs /skms. Also before doing the steps above, be sure to first disable the GPO setting: Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Software Protection Platform\Turn off KMS Client Online AVS Validation, or else KMS activation events get sent to MS.)

vlmcsd is a Free (as in speech) Microsoft KMS server emulator, which is often bundled with wrapper-ware (and sometimes malware) in tools like "Microsoft Toolkit" on MyDigitalLife and clones of it. vlmcsd is the actual, root tool to use for free Windows, free Office, free anything [almost] which uses the MS KMS client for license control.

blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/accessibility/2016/07/29/windows-10-free-upgrade-page-for-people-who-use-assistive-technologies/

Just pretend you use 'assistive' technologies. It is truly that simple. I have confirmed that this worked for me with a Daz activated copy of windows 7.

Your instructions are as follows:
1. Install Windows 7
2. Activate with Daz
3. Pretend you use assistive technologies
4. Get upgrade

For those too lazy, I am including the direct link to the site.

microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

Will forza work?

no forza only works on abunduu

I highly doubt such a plebeian-level application (a GAME) would be a KMS client.

I should be more clear, you don't need to activate with Daz. If you have an activated copy of Windows 7 or 8.1, you don't need to use that step.

you don't even have to 'pretend to use assertive technologies', the upgrade just works like normal

Only plebs don't set up a vlmcsd VM on their network (godmode: integrated into their dd-wrt/openwrt routers). Only plebs use Daz, or Microsoft Toolkit, or other one-click easymode which is 25% likely to have malware built in. Shit, Microsoft Toolkit is just a wrapper around an older vlmcsd instance!

Using
and ending up with an activated installation of Windows 10 allows you to do a clean install afterwards, if you are truly concerned with there being malware.

Lurk more next time.

My method is clean activation. It's as clean and legit (in a mechanical/computer sense) as a standard volume MS KMS licensing setup at some corporate site of 500+ PCs and servers.
vlmcsd is either BSD or GPL, and code is open, so you KNOW it's not malware. It is written to emulate KMS servers down to their stupid quirks, so as to be expensive to discern from the real thing on a network in an audit.
Sure, you can upgrade your Windows to Win10 "Home (pleb) Edition," or you can just use vlmcsd and activate any KMS client Windows editions (client, server) you can get your hands on now and in the future!

My method requires no third party software after activation. It works for Professional as well, so no need to stick to Home.

install a pirate copy, faggot.

>expensive
I got mine for roughly $25 for my MacBook Pro.

Windows 10 Home on microsoft website costs 141.927USD in my country, converting right now.