/dpt/ - Daily PRNG Thread

Which hash function are you decrypting the output of, Sup Forums?

Old thread:

>hash
>decrypting
confirmed for retard

first for encryption is different than hasing

thoughts on OOP

Friendly reminder that cryptographic hash functions can trivially be used for encryption.

Follow the fucking /dpt/ format, you stupid retard.
Delete this shit. This thread is just going to be everybody telling you how much of a fucking retard you are.

The best of imperative and functional paradigms brought together.

only retard here is

Absolute garbage

We are making a web browser! Come and join the team in the IRC.

stop spamming

[citation needed]
You are still wrong though, nice to see that your butthurt due to your inability to understand that encryption by using hashes is used all the time in the real world caused you to ruin a thread.

> cool moon with shades

Who wouldnt want to use that browser?

nth for why arent you using freebsd?

A trade of having a 1000+ line function to a 1000+ line file.

please Go and stay Go

yeah I ruined it, not your constant trolling and refusal to listen to the several people trying to help you.

your english is awful which is why you cant understand why you are wrong.

>use a key to open a car door
>"I drive using a key"

normies.

It's good as long as you use it with message passing in a proper language like Scheme.

You're right. I'll take a look at gulp.

alright negroes, either you create /wdg/ thread or I will talk about CSS DEVELOPMENT right here

good.
normies ruined the internet

Make your own thread.

talk about how this guy is wrong

>your constant trolling
I didn't troll, not in this nor in the previous thread.

>refusal to listen to the several people trying to help you.
Wut?

>your english is awful
Are you the same guy who said enrypting in the last thread?
Or are you the britbong?

>which is why you cant understand why you are wrong.
The weird thing here is that it's you who refuses to understand why you are wrong. I proved that I am correct in the last thread.

Nope, every single one of my claims has been proven, unlike yours.

just drop it weebtard, give up on understanding real cs and go back to html

>still going on about one poster making a typo, trying to deflect from his own obvious misunderstanding

>hash function are you decrypting
meme
>>hash
>>decrypting
meme
>OOP
meme
>hash functions can trivially be used for encryption
meme
>/dpt/ format
meme
>imperative
>functional
>paradigms
meme
>We are making a web browser!
meme
>encryption by using hashes
meme
>cool moon with shades
meme
>freebsd
meme
>Go
meme
>use keys to open doors
Sup Forums-tier meme

nice meme

>meme
meme

It seems that I understand CS much better than most people in this thread, considering their inability to understand how hashes behave like CSPRNGs.

>misunderstanding
I would be glad if you showed me any misunderstanding in any of my posts.

hey mods, you wanna do something please?

meme

>I would be glad if you showed me any misunderstanding in any of my posts.
Your knowledge of cryptography, encryption, hashing, ciphers, and modes, among other things. See any of your posts in the last thread.

what's the problem here, they were memeimg so i called them out on their fucking memes
This is /dpt/ not /dmt/

right so encryption uses a CSPRNG and you used a hash as the CSPRNG, you didnt use hashing as an encryption. you used it as a csprng in the encryption function. this is what people mean when they say you struggle with englsh.

ruh roh made a typo guess my entire argument is gonna be wrong

Hey, I'm the user from the last thread who was having issues getting Vim 8 to work with Python 3 in Debian 9 stable, just wanted to mention that all I had to do was backup my vim configs, sudo apt-get install vim-nox, copy over my configs, and bam that fixed it.

vim --version returns +python3 now. Although, no python2 support. I think you do have to compile from source for that.

>Your knowledge of cryptography, encryption, hashing, ciphers, and modes
I am confident concerning my knowledge concerning these topics. I don't think that I can say the same for you however, when considering your inability to see how one can use a hash function to encrypt data,

>See any of your posts in the last thread.
They seem fine.

I asked you many times in the last thread but you seem to be avoiding the question:
>Are you claiming that AES is not an encryption algorithm as far as connecting to Sup Forums is concerned?

I am not the one who claims that lacking knowledge in english invalidates your arguments, but nice try.

tbqh I think part of being proficient in english is being able to cope with minor mistakes in a text

could you two stop memeimg

>two

You didnt ask me anything. That was one of the other people trying to explain you are wrong.

I already laid it out for you step by step right here

you're wrong and this conversation is over.

>>two
meme

Reply to my question then and stop avoiding it:
>Are you claiming that AES is not an encryption algorithm as far as connecting to Sup Forums is concerned?

>you're wrong and this conversation is over.
>b-blocked!

You got btfo and you know it.

jesus christ literally no one gives a shit
just stop memeimg your shitty fucking >>>>>>>>>> -tier memes

im not going entertain your back pedaling and reaching, you're wrong and anything else you try to stretch for is irrelevant. Good luck with your hash decryption software.

>if you make a typo then you're wrong
>if you don't answer an unrelated question then you're wrong

You meme fuckers need to stop flinging poo at each other, it's stinking up the thread

>Good luck with your hash decryption software.
Harsh

>he still refuses to reply to my question
Yeah, sure, I am the one who got btfo.
Nice damage control guys.

>>if you make a typo then you're wrong
Nope, never claimed that.
Instead, some faggot claimed that my english is lacking and thus my arguments are invalid. It so happens that the same faggot made a misspelling and I pointed out the irony.

>unrelated question
It's extremely related actually, you would understand if you had any idea about encryption.

THE BEST WAY TO END AN ARGUMENT IS TO BOTH OF YOU FUCKING WRITE DOWN ALL YOU KNOW SO A FUCKING INTERMEDIATE PERSON CAN JUDGE WHO'S WRONG AND WHO'S RIGHT
OK?
THANK YOU.

leave your reddit stink at the door, zarlon the ventriloquator

>loses argument
>"stop memeing me!"

>centralised

stop smelling bad on 4chins, count blegmore the cats

Shh, just let them get it out of their systems. Some people need this website for their catharsis. It's okay.

I don't recall that poster ever claiming to have perfect English proficiency.

Still, well done, you spotted a typo... and missed everything else.

stop participating in the poo throwing competition, lord beebleblump mcbigsnout

you're being mean to the internet with your smelly butt, sir flyswatter what swatteth all the flies

I rarely see these gifs nowadays.

Not me

>I don't recall that poster ever claiming to have perfect English proficiency.
Neither did I, yet he still felt the need to use it as an argument. I simply pointed out the hypocrisy, how am I suddenly the "bad guy"?
To be frank I think that you are applying double-standards, intentionally or not.

>and missed everything else.
Such as?

quit memeing, mrs humbyfloop the frigglynip

Are you using a post generator?

user, don't bully me right now, I'm super horny.

no
oh okay :^(

/me bullies

>no
faglord

>I simply pointed out the hypocrisy
There was no hypocrisy.

any ideas for a c++ project? out of practice with coding and want to get back at it. was thinking of maybe making a simple game with SFML

>zarlon the ventriloquator
>count blegmore the cats
>lord beebleblump mcbigsnout
>sir flyswatter what swatteth all the flies
>mrs humbyfloop the frigglynip
what

Irony then? I don't know man.
>You're wasting your time, he's not actually enrypting using hash functions. He has a very poor command of English.
>Sure, this is me, not the person that says "enrypting".

Can you please make a list of these? I would try myself but I am not a creative person.
We are entering a new age of automated high quality insults.

Yeah, that was ironic. Presumably you understand why people were jumping down your throat about you pointing it out.

The GCM mode uses any function that can act as a CSPRNG.
Most people use GCM + AES to connect to Sup Forums.
Thus in GCM mode AES is used as a CSPRNG and thus by this logic is not used as an encryption.
In fact, when considering that CTR, CFB and GCM are the most popular and the only worthwhile modes of operation most encryptions use AES as a CSPRNG.

>you didnt use hashing as an encryption
You use the hashing output as an OTP. (This is not the case with sponge-duplex though).

Nope

pls stop, I'm at work. my work space is a no boner zone

>go out for lunch
>come back to this
Feels like I missed something cool.

Put on a chastity cage or something.

>be wrong about something on purpose
>there is a right thing that sounds kind of like the wrong thing you said
>you are aware of this and want people to accuse you of being wrong so you can explain why you're actually right
>your plan fails because you forgot to turn the wrong thing you're saying into a convoluted way of saying the right thing and just left it as the wrong thing instead
>people point this out to you
>you seem to get mad
>but actually you planned it all
>the "forgetting" was on purpose
>in order to make people call you stupid
>so you could hold the higher moral ground by accusing them of getting mad over a typo
>which they would then call backpedaling
>thus generating infinite quality content and derailing two entire threads
>all according to keikaku
>translators note: keikaku means plan
4D ironic memeimg right here

n-no

Good post have an upvote

Who are you talking about, exactly?

>>be wrong about something on purpose
Nope, I wasn't wrong about anything.

>>there is a right thing that sounds kind of like the wrong thing you said
More like exactly the same thing.

>>your plan fails because you forgot to turn the wrong thing you're saying into a convoluted way of saying the right thing and just left it as the wrong thing instead
False, I proved that it was correct and the smart ones accepted it.

>>you seem to get mad
Nope, wasn't mad at any point of the conversation.

>>the "forgetting" was on purpose
What "forgetting"?

>thus generating infinite quality content and derailing two entire threads
>all according to keikaku
This seems like a fun keikaku actually, sadly this was not the case this specific time.

its literally just two autists playing "i got the last word in"

the "use hashing algorithms as (AS) ((((AAASSS)))) encryption algorithms" memer

I never said "use hashing algorithms as encryption algorithms" in any of my posts. Instead I said things like "use hashes to encrypt data".

What is a keikaku?

Anyway I thought everyone decided you were right but only if you replace encryption with CSPRNG

I don't agree that that's the strongest claim you made but if it were then you would have been right

>more backpedaling

whats the best programming language and why is it visualbasic

hashes don't encrypt data, they hash it

i understand you must have missed the boat but please don't start with this shit again

>What is a keikaku?
translators note: keikaku means plan

>Anyway I thought everyone decided you were right but only if you replace encryption with CSPRNG
My original point was that you can use hash functions to encrypt data. Using hash functions includes using their CSPRNG abilities and generating an OTP with them.

No, I literally never said that. The only post that said the words "as encryption" was , which was not mine.

You can use hash functions to encrypt data however.

a-anyone?

Rate my encryption using hashes /dpt/

Y(0) = P(0) XOR HASH(K)
Y(i+1) = P(i+1) XOR Y(i)

I don't understand what that means.

well memed /10

If it's VB6 then you're right

It's not a meme, I'm doing what that poster suggested. Using a hash function to get an OTP.

My shitty retail job promoted me to inventory manager. I plan on using this position to get some practical programming experience to maybe build a portfolio and something to put on my resume when I quit this job in a few months.

I am in charge of ordering supplies for the store. I have to keep track of what I order on what date. so I'm making excel spreadsheets, for this shit (the entire infastructure of this store is very 20 years ago btw, they still do shit on paper) What is the best way to organize this data so I could analyze it? I was thinking of converting the excel sheets to .csv files and importing them into a MySQL database on a server, but then I would be basically having a table for each day of the year, would that be too many tables for an SQL database?

I want to be able to run queries like to figure out when was the last time I ordered a product, how much of a product we went through in a month etc, stuff that might not be available on a vanilla excel spreadsheet (they have some plugins for this shit but they jew the fuck out of you for them)

What are some ideas I can look into for doing this?