Why aren't you using USB type-C?

Why aren't you using USB type-C?

but I am

Why can't you afford a real computer?

>typical redditor
>writes big wall of text ranting about why USB-C isn't more widely used
>doesn't mention one actual benefit of USB-C besides "reversible"
>"I wuz at muh frendz hoose nd he din have oosbesee"

>"I'm having so many incompatibility problems and can't buy the tech that I want due to switching to an all-usb-c life".
>"My life is so much better now because usb-c is reversible and a bit faster".
>Proceeds to complain more about how usb-c inconvenienced his life.

Is this satire?

it's plebbit

Forgetting about the fact that there are different types of USB-C cables made for specific uses and getting the wrong one will fry your USB-C devices, gee I wonder why it hasn't caught on

Whenever I feel like I'm autistic for being really into computers reading stuff like this makes me feel a lot better about myself.

Pretty much all peripherals and mass storage devices use USB Type A though...

This can't be true

It isn't.

I'm still waiting on the day where I can plug my laptop into my computer and charge it while it's on, though it is cool that I can charge the laptop slowly.

Also, does anyone know of a 3.0 micro usb to type-c adapter? I've seen a (very expensive) cable by belkin for this, but i'm looking for something similar to those 2.0 micro-usb adapters.

Because I'm on an FM2 system, and the only PCIe slot I'm using is for wifi due to location I live in.
Plus, I only have 1 drive that's 3.0, the rest are still 2.

My Nexus 6P uses USB-C

Because I bought a super $100 secondhand LG K20 through OfferUp. I can't really complain besides 720p and MicroUSB the guy did include the screen protector and a case for it both which are fantastic and this shit is LG's stock Nougat and already has root and TWRP. I use my anker ac ads pager to quickly charge this thing anyway

Having a single cord that could power my laptop, output to a 4k monitor and power the USB hub all at the same time would be really nice. I'm not willing to pay out the ass to get it though. It will be nice in a few years when it's ubiquitous.

>first part
>forcing himself over to a new standard
>then complains about his friend not falling for said new standard
>second part
>lists 2 negligible benefits
>tries getting his brother to move over
>his brother is probably more than happy with his device
>not realising it's unnecessary to suddenly move every device over all of a sudden
>third part
>complains about a manufacturers take on fast charging
>2.0 & 3.0 both work regardless of fast charging capabilities
>last part
>some random online expects people to follow in the trend of Type-C

Well, my Samsung Galaxy S6 is far more than enough for what I use it for, so what legitimate benefit would there be to upgrading to something with Type-C?
>reversible
Literally irrelevant, it's not hard to figure out which side to flip a cable to if you want to insert it into your phone, or whatever other device. That's just personal preference.
>faster
Samsungs' Fast Charge thing charges it quicker than I drain it from use. Therefore, no reason to get it for the extra faster charging.
I don't do frequent file transfers, so the higher bandwidth is unnecessary.
>and much more powerful
What would distinguish "more powerful" from "faster"?

Lastly, it'd be an inconvenience to go out of the way to get Type-C cords just for faster throughput on extremely rare file transfers which I'd be fine with the 'set it and forget it' mindset and getting a coffee.

appleshill alert

I'm not going to buy new tech that I don't need just for a more convenient cable. Learn to be patient.

I didn't think a person could love something so ridiculous.

sources include?

I know this is bullshit because I've read the standard on this. There's a pin specifically designed to negotiate power before it begins charging.

While its implementation does cause some confusion (display out, for example, sort of) in each case, they use the same pins for data out, GND and power.