youtube.com/watch?v=dP1xVpMPn8M

> Get a 9front
youtube.com/watch?v=XZOh-lxYadc

Other urls found in this thread:

eelis.net/C /grammar.png
ninetimes.cat-v.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm glad Uriel is dead and gone, desu.

As long as Plan 9 remains GPL there is no reason not to try it. I blame the lack of popularity on not using GPL sooner.

>open up acme
>type hello world shit
>add "8c $%" command
>middle click it
>unclickable rc error

Hey I remember you from the last thread. Did you install 9front right?

What the fuck is this?

I'm probably doing everything from a live CD since I got no installer. Pretty ironic since when I tried 9front standalone on my laptop, I wanted to do things in the live CD but only got an installer.

new obscure meme OS
kids got tired of templeOS

This shit looks like a poor TempleOS clone

how is this obscure, or new
it's from the fucking 90s and everybody hears about it on uni
oh wait

kids haven't

What's the point of this thread

It's just some autist that heard about it from a sticker thread.

Wrong you illiterate faggot.

While Harvey OS forked from that GPL release of Plan9, other than that we didn't see much excitement from pretty much any developer. I don't understand it, just like I don't understand those 9front fags not moving from their "LOL I don't even fucking know anymore" licence over to the GPL release.

Post """""bloatware"""""" to trigger the "hurr durr worse is better"-let.

C++ grammar cheat sheet eelis.net/C /grammar.png

imo it has a bunch of bad ideas but i like how the desktop works

by throwing away all the terminal emulation stuff they have programs that take over the terminal window and it's kinda cool

actually 9front went full blown cuck licence.

>bold
actually that's a stupid move. they didn't have the right to relicence the code (other what they written themselves). this does poisen 9front. if someone thinks about putting 9front code into GPL'd fork because MIT is "compatible" might head straight into a lawsuit.

first of all most of the FAQ is sarcasm

second of all only the 9front additions are MIT, so who gives a fuck

if you took a minute and looked at their source you would have noticed they removed all licencing notices. no 3rdparty can now know what's what. they basically made their code closed source because it's completly unusable by anyone else now. obiously I give a fuck.

If this is true is an idiot move, then again is what happens when you license in MIT/BSD

The previous Licence was "Lucient Public Licence" though. While this is a similar cuckly licence it's just not the same.

Since they're not using git.... I'd asume they lost track of who wrote what and when. So they couldn't take their own code out anymore.

This leads to two possible candidates for suing a 3rdparty using their code. first the original copyright holder of plan9, and second a random (or previous) 9front developer that didn't authorise the rest of 9front to re-licence his part of the code contribution and feel like his code got "stolen".

Ha.... stupid shit is stupid.

Jesus, what a retarded way to kill a project

man am i glad that everyone on Sup Forums seems to practice law, where would we be without armchair lawyers?

well, do you think this is a wrong interpretation? Let's hear your legal view, then.

i don't have a legal view because i don't like to pretend i'm a lawyer (a truly pitiful profession, by the way) and talk out of my ass

You don't have to be a lawyer to understand that only the copyright holder can re-licence his property or give someone else the authority to do so.

Those who released the GPL'd source of Plan9 got permission from the copyright holder. They even put the whole exchange (mails) out for everyone to see.

9front could at anytime have moved over to GPL because this was an authorised re-licencing. But they choose to be fags and kill their project instead.

>whole exchange
oops, that was wrong. the mails they put out didn't mention the authorisation at all. my bad.

>imo it has a bunch of bad ideas
Such as? Just curious here.

the fact that just creating a new user is an ordeal should say enough

what's super easy in UNIX becomes really complicated in plan 9

it's not an ordeal, it's just unfamiliar owing to unusual structure of that part of the os

you can see 9front changes by looking at the changeset history. 9front and gpl plan 9 start from the same source code, duh.

If you are vending pasta, why not add ninetimes.cat-v.org/
?

Seems like a stupid opinion.
See how to cross compile and remote debugging in Plan 9 and compare it to Linux/bsd

Now I know that you haven't read anything. inst/start is the installer

> Obscure
How old are you?

> Templeos
Templeos is for meme master kids who like "schizo guy le CIA nigger top kek"

Link or it didn't happen.