Install Gentoo edition

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/time#UTC_in_Windows
vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Linux
wiki.hackerspace.pl/projects:zsun-wifi-card-reader
hama.com/00086510/hama-ac-150-webcam#downloads
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That article is fake r-right?

Is keeping CPU/GPU etc temps under 50 degrees C a hard rule or are higher temps acceptable?

Reposting from old thread.

I just updated my system (Manjaro) and suddenly mpv won't open, and I get this error:
mpv: error while loading shared libraries: libbluray.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
recompiling mpv didn't fix it, nor did reinstalling libbluray

Why do web browsers support javascript and nothing else? If you have a program written in any other language how do you display it on the web?

reinstall mpv. that will fix it. libs changed.

It really depends on the model, intel chips run hotter than AMD on average (or do I have that backwards? I think it used to be that way anyways)

The best practice is to RTFM for whatever specific device you are asking about. My CPU/GPU run at 60-75c under load all the time but then again all my hardware is 11+ years old so it might not have much bearing on the situation.

For extended periods 70 for CPU and 80 for GPU

I'm using a variable in Python3 the value of which is given by an imported webpage. How can I parse, say, a consecutive three digit number using the 'in' function from it? Can't use beautifulsoup for unspecified reasons.

First for No

But here's my question. I have a PCPP list with a 7700k and a 1070. With everything else, it will cost about $2220 Canadian with tax included (13%). I was thinking of getting a phone (Galaxy S8 or LG G6). The G6 is about $700-800 Canadian, and the Galaxy S8 is about $1000+ Canadian. Which seems like a better investment? I need a new phone, but I need a nice computer. Help decide.

I have an i5 @ 3.2GHz. I have no idea what the recommended temp is/.

I'm gonna be nice this time and google it for you, but please, RTFM and learn to be resourceful next time.

80C Hot
70C Warm (Heavy Load)
60C Norm
50C Norm (Medium Load)
40C Norm
30C Cool (Idle)

I've reinstalled mpv-git twice now from the AUR, and it's still complaining about libbluray.so.1

I don't have that lib anywhere.

neither do i, and i use mpv-git from the aur
normal arch though, not manjaro

that lib is not used anymore. only v2 of it. try installing libbluray.

Did you read my post?
I've done both of these things, to no avail.

If I don't use android pay or pokemon go should I care about bypassing safetynet?

then you're fucked. go install arch and forget about training wheels.

Can someone help me figure out conky? I just installed it for the first time and got a theme that I thought looked neat. I added the theme and it looks messed up. How can I tweak it?

It's the theme called Onsea, and I want it in the lower right corner with a black background and a white outline border, and I want it to display system temperature. How can I accomplish this? What do I add to the conkyrc file? Can someone give me a quick rundown on conky configging? Google hasn't given me any good tutorials.

Pic related is my desktop. I can barely see the conky screen.

Did you try a ln -s /usr/lib/libbluray.so.2 /usr/lib/libbluray.so.1

Doing so makes mpv ask for libguess.so.1
I don't even know what that is.

Reposting from the old thread

I have a question about ram compatibility on a b350 board by msi (pc mate) and if I fucked up by getting ram that doesn't work in dual channel on that board. Am I reading it right that I can place the sticks only in dimm a1 and a2?

I'm looking to a buy a thinkpad, and have the choice of an X230 for $306, or a T440S for $510. Each has an i7, X230: 3520M T440S: 4600U. The other difference is that the X230 has a 240gb SSD, where as the T440S has 128gb. Other than that, they seem to be near identitical. Is the X230 better overall?

PYTHON THREE. HOW PARSE THREE CONSECUTIVE DIGITS USING in. HELP PLEASE I HAVE A PROJECT STALLED BECAUSE OF THIS.

Help!

get the 230, it's lighter and more portable at nearly the same functionality.

When Wi-Fi isn't a option, is using your mobile to connect to 4g and making a hotspot for a pc running tor or tails defeating the purpose? Will it still work?

Every time I try to sync time and date the internet I get the time wrong.

Also the time in the bios keeps changing, I thought it could be that the cmos had died but then I got a second hand laptop, and noticed the same behavior, is it ghosts that are changing the time in the bios or wtf???

Why does it change to a wrong timezone?

For example
>set right time on bios
>initiate windows or linux
>right time, wrong timezone.
>then set the time to sync to the internet, it gives me a wrong time, the one that the wrong timezone should be.
>have to manually adjust timezone and time, every time.

wtf, help, I hope I've made myself clear, I'm really tired but this shit is driving me crazy.

>american wally world sells X230
>don't ship to canada

No one is answering because you barely make sense with your question and its lack of context. My best guess is that you are trying to do eg `if pattern in htmlcontent: ...` if that is the case you should look into the regex module since your pattern is apparently not known beforhand.

If you are in a vpn with incrypted traffic then your mobile carrier will not be able to see what you are doing, just the same as your wired isp.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/time#UTC_in_Windows

pretty sure there's a better thread for this, but good minimal Linux distros? I enjoy Arch and such but I can't get it running properly on my computer. I just want a distro that's light on resources and such

good fonts on linux

Long story short I need to access the UK store from overseas using a vpn. I could install steam on my work computer but I don't know how my IT guy might react. Is it easy enough to just install, buy what I need, then uninstall?

steam store that is

Are there any of these I can delete safely? My SSD is almost full just hosting main shit, and "packages" is like 12 GB.

I got pic related, trying to install openWRT to it, but when connecting via smb, can't log in, supposedly default logins (admin and zsun1188) doesn't work... :(

I believe you can delete all of them

Is solus forgotten ?

anyone had luck repartitioning their android phone?
i'm looking into it, as the stock partitions are really wasteful, i've looked into it, and i should be able to easily claim over 4G of space, and this is on a 16G device, so that's a notable amount of potential extra space

can't get heimdall to upload a new PIT to my galaxy s4 (i get "ERROR: libusb error -7 whilst receiving bulk transfer. Retrying..."), so i'm stuck

Which linux distro should I use?
Im just going to use multimedia and games.
Can I code with java and C on these? Ill be taking those classes in the fall

Mint or Gentoo

>Linux
>Games

vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Linux

Well mostly emulation. Nothing top notch. Probably VNs too.

Anyone?

Is there a free bootable file recovery software that would recover data from a Mac hard drive? Alternatively, is there a free bootable software that will allow me to take a disk image, then run file recovery on the disk image?

any linux livecd

Thanks, what tools do I need to download once the LiveCD is booted then? I am looking to recover deleted/formatted files.

if you want to make a disk image, just use dd/dcfldd
if you want to recover deleted files, use testdisk/photorec

Awesome, thanks so much!

I have a weird internet problem that seems to be happening because of my PC as I have the same internet on another PC and it works just fine there.
My guess it is something to do with DNS fuckery, but I am not sure. Basically sites load slow the first time I open them. Then everything within the site works fine for a while, but after X amount of time (10 minutes are probably enough) it goes back to being slow the first time. One of the things that didn't happen before is video buffering on youtube the first time I open the video. You can see the circles going in circle for a second.
One of the weirder things it is that the longer the PC is on the bigger the problem gets. In 24 hours it becomes a lot slower to open any page. Youtube videos might not even load and just get the buffering thing until I refresh the page. Sometimes I can get more than a week of the internet working just fine (without turning off my PC). But then I restart it or something and the problem appears. And from there on I can restart a lot and spam ipconfig /flushdns, but nothing works until one day it just disappears again.
And yes, I have tried different versions of the lan drivers.
So is it possible that the motherboard's lan has been fucked and I should get a lan card? Or maybe it is something to do with my ISP? If not, any other solutions?
Please read.

No. If you have two sticks, they go to either a1 and b1 or a2 and b2.

Being off the grid has it's downsides. Note that these speeds aren't accurate; I've never seen speeds over 300kbps in the several years we've had this isp.

How the fuck do I get good internet when I live in the sticks. Hughesnet is (or at least was) even more shit than what I have now.

Why do people hate phoneposters?

Antergos? It's Arch but it installs itself.

Any way to get deezer integration in foobar2000/mpd+ncmpcpp?

>streaming music

What's the path of least resistance to create a Windows .exe file that makes a native Windows window popup a few messages?

I can code fluently in several languages but I've never had to deal with Windows as more than a desktop.

Has to be native so I can't use some Qt binding in Ruby or whatever.

pls send help

an autohotkey executable maybe

I have to do an essay for school, I have a template in a docx file that is required.
Code examples are a complete hell on word.
I tried converting what I had to latex, but it all drops the layout (anything colour) and images, Using pandoc.
Any ideas?

Use the system library. Windows Forms, I think it's called. Someone's probably made a wrapper around it.

what are the security implications of running a service (nginx) as root in a docker container? Is it the same as running it as root on a VM?

catering to the cancer makes it worse for everyone

accommodating mobile users is done because they have a hard time installing adblockers and might actually finger some ads, which in turn shat up the whole internet, checkmate goys

I have a store bought copy of Windows 10. I want to take it off my laptop, use Linux on that, and use Windows 10 on my newly built desktop game machine. Is there any sort of wacky "deactivation" procedures I need to do before I format?

Which torrent client is recommended? qBittorrent, Deluge or Transmission?

I remember either Deluge or Transmission had some nasty stuff a few months ago, just looking for general impressions.

transmissions was hijacked for macs
but it's been solved now i think.
Just make sure to double check the hashes

Yes.
Note it's generally considered that you shouldn't trust someone can't break out of a container, if they can get root.

im going to try to dick around and figure this out myself but if i cant figure it out,

>listen to audiobooks on phone
>decide to pirate a couple cause i usually pay
>dl .m4b files to a pc because dont want to make megashare account or whatever
>need them on phone
>dl .m4b player on phone
>transfer the audiobook to internal storage

exactly what folder does this need to go into so that i can access it through the app

A1b1 doesn't boot and a2b2 shows 16gb but only 8 usable with 8gb ''hardware reserved".

People tell me qbittorent, then I say it stalls all the time, then they say I didn't actually use it and I am repeating memes, and then I go back to Deluge.

Any distro with openbox, lxde, lxqt or xfce as the DE.

uTorrent 2.2.1.

That is the root password for the os, you should be connecting through telnet, not smb.
wiki.hackerspace.pl/projects:zsun-wifi-card-reader

Win10 network stack can be pretty fucked for no reason.
Try setting, network and internet, status, network reset.
If that doesn't work, try running tronscript.
If that doesn't help, reinstall windows.
If that doesn;t help, install gentoo

It is Windows 7 and I just reinstalled it yesterday, but immediately started seeing it again.

Does the problem still persist when booting a live linux distro? If so, it's not windows.
Maybe it's the cable? Is the other pc connected via ethernet as well? Maybe the router (or just one port) is fucked?

Test with a linux live cd and see how that goes.

Are you using the same browser on both machines?

Maybe it's responsible for eating your ram due to bad configurations.

Does the gtx 1060 worth the extra ~65usd over the gtx 1050ti 4gb? I usually only play csgo and tekken 7 most of the time

Well, I certainly haven't tried that, because I have no linux installed.
It is a switch and cables. The other PC has another switch connected to this switch on the way. So it can't be the main switch.
I have tried different ports. Actually I haven't tried switching the cable from the switch to the PC, I have a spare or two I can try, but I doubt that would cause such symptoms.

Yes. It certainly doesn't seem to be the browser and I don't seem to have any ram problems.

It's a vastly more powerful card, but if you're not going to uitlize it, then there's not much point

logicalincrements.com

install debian
apt-get install build-essentials

The steam store is the same as the one you visit in your browser, just login to your steam account from browser with your VPN.

Any program that helps me with editing right click context menu? I don't remember what I used last time.

I bought my first laptop about five days ago. I've been using a pc my whole life. My battery feels like it's draining abnormally fast. On an average, I'm losing about 1 percent every 5 minutes, doing shit like changing up some settings, messing with Cortana and other basic stuff. I've been keeping the WiFi turned off too, most of the time.
Is this sort of drain normal? If not, what would you recommend for improving my battery life?
It's a HP Pavilion 13, with windows 10.
pls no memes

complete newbie, what does the error on the right tries to tell me?

nvm got it

Serves you right for using sloth wannabe-Arch distro.

I use arch and mpv just werks on my laptop. Go install obongo or some shit like that, brainlet, leave Arch to veterans.

Eight hours is about normal for a laptop. Buy a bigger battery or turn your screen brightness down.

test battery with ubuntu gnome or fedora

so I'm trying to build budget workstation pc for under 1400 bucks NOT FOR GAMING

mainly for maya octane render and autodesk/cad inventor

I thought about using a ryzen 1700x cpu and 2-3 graphic cards

so I can buy nvidia quaddro's k4000 for 300 each or gtx1070 for 450 each

now normally I know quaddro would be more suitable for those workloads but given how new those the gtx's are I'm not so sure if they still can hold up to them

any tipps guys?

I'm trying to use a WebCam on Windows 10 but this one seems too old or whatever. I remmeber someone told me that old WebCams can't run well on Windows 10. Is there any way to use it on W10?

hama.com/00086510/hama-ac-150-webcam#downloads

It's this model, got it for 5€.

What is a good Android CBR reader?

Tachiyomi

How much time will it take for someone who knows only basic Java to learn Android?
Where should he start?
Free this winter with nothing to do so expanding on previous knowledge

what programming language should I learn for writing script which will automatically accept disclaimer every time I visit boards?

How the fuck are you on the Internet?

No there's just some really stupid people out there user.
I doubt this guy is even the bottom 1%.